shape
carat
color
clarity

Eq''s Planning Progress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Time for an update with photos from equestrienne! 279 days out, woooooooooooo!

I'm in that phase of wedding planning where all the really big stuff is booked and we are making decisions on things. I am scheduling appointments to meet with the church and florists soon. Still looking for a photographer. It's tough to work full time as a teacher, part time as a tutor, AND plan a wedding at the same time, but FI and I are managing.

As some of you might remember, I'm going for a 1930s vintage glam vibe for the big day. My mother and I picked out fabric for my dress during the holiday season, and she is going to begin cutting a muslin mockup in mid-summer. My dress pattern: 30's Retro Wedding Gown

Here's my bouquet inspiration, spotted in the 15th Anni issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. I am not sure if I want to do silks or fresh flowers yet, being that the wedding is in early November. The time of year and the temperature might make silks a better choice. Also, these are spring lilies pictured and I want to get seasonal flowers, so those will likely change a bit. Many 30's bouquets incorporated a lot of draping greenery with all white flowers. I loooooooove this look.
30.gif

weddingbouquet.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Two of the bridesmaids joined me for some dress shopping during the holiday season. We found some gorgeous choices in the Dessy and Belsoie lines. The girls will wear a dress style of their choice in stretch charmeuse. African Violet/Bordeaux is the color I chose, a deep purple.

Dessy V Neck Gown

Belsoie Halter Gown

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
One of my coworkers is a "professional bridesmaid" - she has been in close to a dozen weddings in the last four years! I asked her about what her favorite attendant gifts were, and she said she always appreciated getting her jewelry and handbag figured out for her on the wedding day. No guesswork needed.

Taking her advice, I purchased this handbag in silver for each of my three girls:
Shell Clutch

They will also be getting a set of jewelry like this with white pearls:
Bridesmaids Necklace and Earrings from Etsy

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Last but not least, I plan on baking cookie favors for my reception guests. I have a signature iced sugar cookie that I make for holidays that I want to use, but I wasn''t sure how well they would freeze because I want to bake them ahead of time. I am happy to report that in a 2 month freezer test, they thawed perfectly and still tasted freshly baked! Yay!
36.gif

Hopefully I will have more updates soon. I really need to get going on this wedding stuff!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
That clutch is really pretty. I might have to steal that idea. :)

I too decided that I might bake my favorite chocolate chip cookies as favors and leave for guests along with sunflower seeds (one of FI''s favorite snacks). I hadn''t thought about the timing of it though. It is a good idea to do ahead. I''m just nervous to freeze them as you did.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
agree about that clutch- I have it in silver- so lovely. So lovely in fact that my sisters usually threaten to snatch it while I''m not looking
20.gif

It must feel really good to be able to get some things checked off the list
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Everything is beautiful. It''ll look great all put together.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love every single thing you posted!

Your wedding is going to be gorgeous
30.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking *awesome* so far, Eq!!

I''m so excited to see how everything turns out in the end!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
everything looks lovely, and I
30.gif
your dress! So glamorous!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all of the comments! The Etsy seller shipped my jewelry today - woot! Here''s my listing:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=24880768

Carib, definitely do a freezer test! I don''t want to be baking and icing like crazy the week of the wedding, so I needed to know how long I could freeze my cookies and still have them thaw out beautifully. Cookies and sunflower seeds sound like a great favor.
1.gif

kas, isn''t it a gorgeous handbag? I loved it when I saw it, and the price was exceptional. Glad you love yours, I hope the girls are just as pleased.

elle, thanks! Wanna come?
3.gif

odd, lily, bella - thank you so much! Developing the feel and look of this wedding has been a lot of fun. Can''t wait to show you all pics in November.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand photographer is a GO. Sent the deposit out today!
36.gif
Mark Kelly at MPK Photo will be doing our engagement/wedding photos.
9.gif

If only I could get my first choice florist to call me back.
20.gif
Obviously if they are too busy to return my calls, then I need to look elsewhere.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Great work! It looks like you are well on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results