shape
carat
color
clarity

enuf about the ladder....Is THIS the pear for me????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Dear PS friends, I think I have found THE pear...I have been working with Martin @ USACERTED...

E SI1
CT 2.35
12.69x8.52x4.81
Depth 58.7
Table 57

thn-thk
Symm VG
Polish VG

What do you think? I''ve been told it is clean and bright...I will have it sent to D.Atlas....Wish me luck....

molly3795

Rough_Rock
P.S. I forgot to tell you, I will have it set with two, .5 trillions?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck!!!!!! I don''t know much about pears except that I looove them!!!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about pears either, but you are in good hands with Martin and Dave. I would assume you should know what shape you prefer (long and skinny, short and fat, etc...), and let Dave/Martin help with the stones actual preformance.

Sounds exciting
9.gif

molly3795

Rough_Rock
I checked old posts here on pears and believe I like the elongated better...hope so!! I have had no luck plugging the numbers into gemappraisers fancy shape finder...I''ve tried so many times, I gave up and looked at posts on PS to get an idea of shape...What IS the secret to getting it to work?????? Thanks

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's your shape based on the l to w ratio
Several of the factors give it a 1A cut, which is very good. The depth is a little shallow, with "ideal" being at 59-63%. However, you're really close at 58.7. I think it looks extremely promising, but only your eyes will tell you for sure! I want to see it!!! A 2.35 ct E??? I'm going to pass out!

pearshape.jpg

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Firegoddess, thank you SOOO much for posting the shapefinder image...I have had no luck and was getting really nervous that I had selected a pear too long and skinny...the shape looks acceptable to me (I have long thin fingers) Does it look okay to all of you? I have spent HOURS going over old posts to see other people''s pears....I so hope I like this one...It is at D.Atlas today, not sure if they''ll be able to tell me anything till monday...Do you think they would send me a picture today? I don''t want to be a pest, but I am so excited I can barely stand it....

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Molly, your pear looks like my pear''s big sister! The stats are so similar, apart from yours being MUCH bigger of course.

I was told that mine has no bowtie because it''s slightly shallow (58%) and somewhat fat (1:1.37). I don''t know how shallow, or how fat, it needs to be to be bowtieless. Dave Atlas will let you know how yours is, of course.

This is going to be one gorgeous ring, but you fully deserve it after what you''ve been through.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2005 4:09:40 PM
Author:molly3795

I will have it sent to D.Atlas....
I can't tell much about the numbers and certainly less than the potentially top AGA cut grade tells, but you will certainly get god advice anyway.
2.gif
As long as you make it clear that you want to know if much better is feasible in terms of cut, appraisal before final purchase can't do no harm. As much as one cn tell from the track record here, this appraisal is definitely not just a formality
9.gif

Fingers crossed here!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 12:20:57 PM
Author: cinnabar
Molly, your pear looks like my pear''s big sister! The stats are so similar, apart from yours being MUCH bigger of course.

I was told that mine has no bowtie because it''s slightly shallow (58%) and somewhat fat (1:1.37).
This is interesting to me because from what I''ve read, it''s having a deeper cut that eliminates bowtie in pears. I thought shallower stones were more prone to the bowtie effect in pears. Perhaps it''s your specific combination of statistics, but I''m curious now because this goes contrary to what I''ve read.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results