shape
carat
color
clarity

Enter: Dadzilla! and other random updates...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My dad is a TOTAL Dadzilla!

He has been positively harassing me about when we are getting married, ignoring the fact that I plan to elope, trying to hi-jack EVERYTHING! He got FI on the phone and demanded that we set a date by Thanksgiving so that he can start planning
33.gif
, and making comments about how we have so much work to do, and we need to do family conference calls with FI''s family
23.gif
.... He''s totally excited, yet totally out of control! And to think, I was worried about my MOM! My dad had almost no input in his own wedding and didn''t care, so maybe he''s making up for it now? Who knows, but I am not pleased...
20.gif

*sigh*

In other news, went to my cousin''s wedding this weekend. It was really nice, even though she managed to not invite my family, including my grandmother (her great grandmother!) or anything, then had her mom call a few weeks ago, saying that we could come, even though they forgot to invite us... oh, and they didn''t give us any information about the wedding whatsoever until literally 3 days before the wedding. We couldn''t even book our room until Friday.... which was the night we were arriving, because we didn''t know WHICH hotel!
20.gif
Oh, and her mom said we may or may not be able to be accomodated at the reception, yes, including great grandma!
23.gif
But, everything went smoothly despite my being annoyed with the circumstances! The only downside was having all of my family invite themselves to my wedding next year, and try to talk me out of eloping...
38.gif

The cutest part of the wedding was when the bride was supposed to have her first dance, and she invited her parents to the floor. Her parents had done a courthouse wedding, and never had a first dance, so she surprised her mom with a wedding dress and let her parents have their first dance at her wedding. It was so cute, and thoughtful and sweet, and her parents were SO surprised!
30.gif

Lastly...

I went to try on some more dresses today! Totally demoralizing...
15.gif
I don''t think I can make myself go back until I lose 20-25 lbs! Trying on dresses makes me feel so FAT! It''s not even the sizes, everything just looks so heavy and structured, and even though I got so many compliments, I really just felt frustrated with how everything looked. I did LOVE an alfred angelo dress though... it was flowy and beautiful, but I wasn''t thrilled with ME
39.gif
Just needed to get that off my chest...

Thanks for reading!
35.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 7:45:41 PM
Author:trillionaire
My dad is a TOTAL Dadzilla!

He has been positively harassing me about when we are getting married, ignoring the fact that I plan to elope, trying to hi-jack EVERYTHING! He got FI on the phone and demanded that we set a date by Thanksgiving so that he can start planning
33.gif
, and making comments about how we have so much work to do, and we need to do family conference calls with FI''s family
23.gif
.... He''s totally excited, yet totally out of control! And to think, I was worried about my MOM! My dad had almost no input in his own wedding and didn''t care, so maybe he''s making up for it now? Who knows, but I am not pleased...
20.gif

*sigh*

In other news, went to my cousin''s wedding this weekend. It was really nice, even though she managed to not invite my family, including my grandmother (her great grandmother!) or anything, then had her mom call a few weeks ago, saying that we could come, even though they forgot to invite us... oh, and they didn''t give us any information about the wedding whatsoever until literally 3 days before the wedding. We couldn''t even book our room until Friday.... which was the night we were arriving, because we didn''t know WHICH hotel!
20.gif
Oh, and her mom said we may or may not be able to be accomodated at the reception, yes, including great grandma!
23.gif
But, everything went smoothly despite my being annoyed with the circumstances! The only downside was having all of my family invite themselves to my wedding next year, and try to talk me out of eloping...
38.gif

The cutest part of the wedding was when the bride was supposed to have her first dance, and she invited her parents to the floor. Her parents had done a courthouse wedding, and never had a first dance, so she surprised her mom with a wedding dress and let her parents have their first dance at her wedding. It was so cute, and thoughtful and sweet, and her parents were SO surprised!
30.gif

Lastly...

I went to try on some more dresses today! Totally demoralizing...
15.gif
I don''t think I can make myself go back until I lose 20-25 lbs! Trying on dresses makes me feel so FAT! It''s not even the sizes, everything just looks so heavy and structured, and even though I got so many compliments, I really just felt frustrated with how everything looked.
I did LOVE an alfred angelo dress though... it was flowy and beautiful, but I wasn''t thrilled with ME
39.gif
Just needed to get that off my chest...

Thanks for reading!
35.gif

I purchased my dress a little over a month ago at my heaviest weight in a few years.. I have finally getting back on track and have lost almost 8lbs and now that I am on my way to my goal weight I am seriously thinking if I would of purchased my dress if I was thinner
15.gif

Don''t stress though, I am sure you looked amazing- every bride is beautiful!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results