shape
carat
color
clarity

enhance the diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
What would enhance the diamond solitaire more? The solitaire in between two very thin eternity bands or the soltiaire with one thicker eternity band? Unfortuneatly I have large hands & a round diamond solitaire on a thin band (2.7 mm) & all I really notice when I look at my hands are how the thin band of the solitaire makes my hands appear large, it''s out of proportion. In retrospect I should have gotten a wider band to balance out my hand size better. As you can see I am trying to build the width of my band by adding eternity ring(s) & a little sparkle without resetting my solitaire & wanted opinions on which of the two looks would work better.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is really a matter of personal preference. I would spend some time wandering through various jewelry stores and trying on different options to find out. Just be sure to explain what your concerns are and ask them for advice. After a 1/2 dozen stores you will probably know - and know who deserves your business.

I might also slip into a custom jeweler and discuss options with them. Resetting the diamond into a unique band may do the trick better than adding other rings.

Perry

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Two different looks , both I have see work well. Its depends if you like balance or offset looking rings.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 3:21:28 AM
Author:rosy
Hi,
What would enhance the diamond solitaire more? The solitaire in between two very thin eternity bands or the soltiaire with one thicker eternity band? Unfortuneatly I have large hands & a round diamond solitaire on a thin band (2.7 mm) & all I really notice when I look at my hands are how the thin band of the solitaire makes my hands appear large, it's out of proportion. In retrospect I should have gotten a wider band to balance out my hand size better. As you can see I am trying to build the width of my band by adding eternity ring(s) & a little sparkle without resetting my solitaire & wanted opinions on which of the two looks would work better.
the solitaire between two "very thin" eternity bands i think will look very spindly with three very thin bands in a row. in my opinion one 3mm pave/bead set diamond eternity band will give some breadth to the look plus the bead set diamonds add texture and sparkle. plus if you choose to just wear your band on some days you will have a substantial band on its own to wear

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever tried on wide eternity or diamond bands (over 6mm) ? They look so much better on a large hand than a small one
2.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I went to the jewelry store today to try on eternity bands. I found that having one band that is substantial worked better than having two thinner bands. I tried on .03, .05, .06 pointers & found them all too tiny & narrow for me. I wonder if it''s because my solitaire is 1.85 carats & my hands are long & big. I know majority of people with smaller stones/hands usually choose .02 & .03 pointers. For some reason I really liked a 5 stone band with .11 diamonds. I was surprised because I always thought I wanted the diamonds to cover the width of my finger, such as a 7 stone does but for some reason the 5 stone band looked good & it fit well against my ring. Plus you could really see the diamonds since they are so prominent. Guess I like lots of big bling! Does anyone have any thoughts on 5 stone vs 7 stone bands?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i guess that its a little like fitted clothing actually making a heavy person look slimmer than big oversize clothes--menaing that the 5 stone may nicely compliment the top of the finger span whereas the 7 is just too much.............

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have been tryin to find a wedding band that will stnd alone, becuase my ring won''t really go with a band. So I tried on 5 and 7 stones, and also prefered the 5 stone. the large presence it had. (Tried on .25 and .30 - both out of my price range, but it was SO FUN to try them!!) Anyway, it seemed like the 5 stone would be less liely to spin, becuaes it ended before my finger began (does that make sense?) where as the 7 stone went past my fingers.

I''
m sure whatever you choose it will look lovely!!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Well I went shopping again & have tried on more bands & actually purchased a .50 carat 9 stone shared prong band. The diamonds are 6 pointers. It compliments my solitaire very nicely, although I think I could go even larger, like 8 pointers to really see the diamonds. It doesn''t really sit flush against my Tiffany knife edge but I find that the gap doesn''t bother me at all, in fact I kind of like when it separates a little, it gives the illusion that my fingers are shorter & the rings look larger. I guess it balances out my long fingers well. I also realized that after having it spin on my finger even though it''s my size, I''d much rather have an eternity band so I don''t have to keep turning it when it spins. Uggh! This means I need to spend twice as much! Oh this diamond buying thing is endless & so ultra expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results