shape
carat
color
clarity

English Breakfast

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does it mean to you, and what do you have with yours?

Reason I am asking is that I am watching the Pioneer Woman and she made "English Breakfast" in one pan using cherry tomatoes. Looks OK.

I don't like baked beans or tomatoes in any form, and prefer to have fried onions and mushrooms instead.

Must have black puddings, a sausage, at least 3 rashes of smoked streaky bacons, fried bread and a fried egg sunny side up!

I don't have it that often, and this pic was the last one I had at home back in November 2020! Normally washed down with a large mug of coffee, and a glass of milk or juice.

I don't normally need to eat anything else after having this for brunch at about 11:00, perhaps with a small snack later in the evening! :lol-2:

DK_FryUp.jpg

DK :))

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh this thread has made me even hungrier!

For me an English breakfast would ideally have -

Toast (not fried) & butter
Sausages
Fried egg
Baked beans
Hash brown

I’m fussy about bacon and mushrooms, if I were making my own (we normally go out) I would have good quality bacon, preferably smoked.
No thanks to black pudding or fried tomatoes.
I wouldn’t have scrambled egg either whilst out but would do for myself at home.
If we are home and want a cooked breakfast we would normally have smoked bacon and fried egg in a muffin.
Sometimes a bacon sarnie though in my opinion they can be eaten at any time during the day!
And yes it would do me for lunch as well!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Making me homesick ;-).......
Fried eggs (soft yolk), crispy bacon, pork sausages, fried tomato and most importantly, potato scones. Topped off with branston fruity brown sauce. Yummy

also known to call this Brinner if we eat it for dinner.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
This thread has me making plans for the weekend.

Home made bread toast (or a slice of soda bread) + butter
Crispy smoked bacon
Fried, soft yolk, sunny side up eggs
Fried mushrooms and tomato

Sadly, some might say ;-) , never could get on board with the black pudding.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love a full breakfast but haven’t had one for ages - a fried egg and bacon sarnie is the closest I’ve had in months.

My ideal would be half toast/half fried bread (I love fried bread but it doesn’t mop up the plate as well as toast), bacon (crispy rind), sausage, baked beans, fried egg. Grilled or fried tomatoes and mushrooms are gladly welcomed extras but wouldn’t be needed for my ‘core’ choice. HP brown sauce is essential! Black pudding is not welcome on my plate, neither are kippers.

I’m now ravenous.

ETA: just seen Meely’s mention of hash browns. Yes to those too! If eaten in a hotel, I fit a fruit course in first, because clearly that makes eating enough salt/fat/calories to kill a small horse okay...

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Haha at first I thought you were talking about English breakfast tea!

Anyway I think all of the above toast, eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, tomatoes, hash browns and black pudding yum. Definitely the black pudding haha.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have never been to the UK, despite being quite well-travelled. My husband goes to Manchester every couple of years for work, and he literally makes me drool with his pictures and his descriptions of his "English breakfast".

He said baked beans, deep fried egg, pork sausage, and fried potatoes are a MUST. The mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding are OPTIONAL (for him at least!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full English to me is scrambled egg cooked very firm (can’t abide squishy eggs) smoked back bacon, plain pork sausage, grilled tomato, hash brown and white toast, lots of butter and of course a big cup of tea. I don’t like beans with breakfast, and don’t get me started about eating blood :sick:

In reality, our Sunday breakfast is always a soufflé mushroom omelette, smoked bacon medallions and tea.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god, I'd dribbling reading this & I'm on a bloody diet!!

Mine is:
Fried egg
Smoked back bacon
Hash brown
Granary toast
Lincolnshire sausage
Baked beans
Grilled mushrooms
Grilled tomatoes
Cup of tea

Ooh, it's Mothers Day this Sunday........ :lickout:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, I'd dribbling reading this & I'm on a bloody diet!!

Mine is:
Fried egg
Smoked back bacon
Hash brown
Granary toast
Lincolnshire sausage
Baked beans
Grilled mushrooms
Grilled tomatoes
Cup of tea

Ooh, it's Mothers Day this Sunday........ :lickout:

Happy early mother's day, I think you've got inspiration on how to celebrate :)

Also, I'm the only odd one here that likes black pudding lol maybe because I'm not English haha.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early mother's day, I think you've got inspiration on how to celebrate :)

Also, I'm the only odd one here that likes black pudding lol maybe because I'm not English haha.

Thank you re Sunday! Another difficult one to navigate again this year due to not being able to visit our own mothers :((

My husband & eldest daughter love black pudding! But it literally makes me gag....

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you re Sunday! Another difficult one to navigate again this year due to not being able to visit our own mothers :((

My husband & eldest daughter love black pudding! But it literally makes me gag....

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that you're able to do something with your husband and children at least.

I had black pudding for breakfast when we went on a P&O cruise for our honeymoon. I had black pudding everyday and white pudding once. I seriously cannot remember what it tastes like lol but I had it everyday for 2 weeks.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that you're able to do something with your husband and children at least.

I had black pudding for breakfast when we went on a P&O cruise for our honeymoon. I had black pudding everyday and white pudding once. I seriously cannot remember what it tastes like lol but I had it everyday for 2 weeks.

:sick: :mrgreen2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realised my picture did not feature any black puddings!

I did not have any at the time, now resolved! :lol-2:

I make "breakfast packs" for the freezer, to split packs of sausages, smoked streaky bacon and black pudding into single serving portions, vacuum pack them before freezing.

Each pack has at least 3 rashes of bacon, 1 sausage and 2 rounds of black puddings.

I take them to go camping with me, alternating with the likes of bacon sandwiches or French toasts with bacon.

I would bulk buy bacon and pack them down into single portions before freezing too.

And yes, I LOVE smoked streaky bacon!

On the subject of scrambled egg, mine has to be soft if I were to have any.

I like hash brown or potato tots with my breakfast if they are available from the self-service buffet or breakfast menu. However, I seldom have potato if I am cooking it myself. Just fried slices of bread will do.

And I love fried bread fried in bacon fat! :lol-2:

DK :lol-2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My idea of an English breakfast is fried egg, crispy bacon, sausage, baked beans & fried tomatoes. NO blood sausage!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooking breakfast while camping in Scotland in 2012 to escape the Olympic mania in the south:

CookingBreakfast_s.jpg

I love that stove, it was a Coleman Dual Fuel 2-burner stove that one can use in winter, now sold.

The fried breads and eggs had not been cooked - they were cooked later in the frying pan once the sausage and black pudding had been cooked and the mushrooms transferred into the grill pan to be kept warm.

Can't wait to go camping again in my van! The kitchen is at the back of the van, and I can open the back doors when I cook. Roll on 20 Mar 2021 when she is being delivered!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results