shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

puffyp

Rough_Rock

I have the center stone (1.27ct round brilliant, ideal cut, F SI2) now I need the ring.

I have been searching for a setting that I like more than all the others and I have finally made a decision. I like a ring that is sold by Pearlman''s and is part of their Pearlman''s Collection. I am going to have it made 3/4 pave instead of full.

I am wondering if there are other stores or designers who also make this ring with top quality workmanship. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks for your help, Patrick

11EE18.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whiteflash, SP...

puffyp

Rough_Rock
Those sites do not have a ring as close in detail as this ring. Any other ideas? Anyone know of a jeweler who can make this ring with the same superb quality?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious, if you like it, why would you try to replicate it? I''m sure Bill could make it 3/4 if that''s your only drawback..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i just looked up the ring on Pearlman's site. It is rather expensive but I'm not sure going custom from someone skilled enough to make the quality you want would be able to make it for a lot less. There are a bunch of tiny diamonds that are hand set and that ring would be very labor intensive. I have also found replications rarely turn out to be exactly the same so unless there is something you don't like, I suggest getting the real deal. If budget is an issue, call Bill and see if he'll negotiate on price. It never hurts to ask
31.gif
. I love the ring, along with a couple of others in Pearlman's collection. I love the basket head smothered in pave
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get the real deal. Call Bill and talk to him. He is a great guy and this ring will be worth the money. I wouldn''t try to replicate it. Too many things could go wrong in doing so. Good luck!!! It is a beautiful ring.
1.gif

puffyp

Rough_Rock
Thank you Mrssalvo, That is a great responce to my question. Budget is the issue. I will likely go with Pearlman''s but I will need to negotiate a lower price in order to make that ring fit in my budget. How is Bill to deal with as far as price negotiantions? I have read very nice comments about him, but none of them address negotiating on price.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill is very friendly and understanding of budgets. I have no idea how much wiggle room he has on his peices but I know he''d be willing to do whatever he can to help you out
1.gif

I''d give him a call tomorrow and let him know you found him on Pricescope
1.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I really adore that ring actually *drool* I was debating between that and a halo but, mostly because of the prongs on that one covering up my arrows (and it''s made for a round!) I went for a halo...wow I hope you get it! You must post pictures
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mm, well, I couldn''t see hte picture when I originally replied; I thought it was a basic shared prong. If 3/4 doesn''t fit the budget, even 2/3 would be reasonable coverage.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patrick, Bill is a great guy and has an excellent rep here, if this ring is a little more than your budget, I would still think it might be best to try to find the extra and get Bill to make the ring for you, that way you know you are getting the best workmanship and quality.

puffyp

Rough_Rock
I had to sell my motorcycle just to get me to the purchase level I am at, so coming up with the extra money is not an option right now. I will give Bill a call in the coming week to discuss the price and see what he can do for me. I said a prayer and I''m keeping my fingers crossed. I''m sure I will end up with the ring I am supposed to have in the end. Thank you for your comments, Puffy P

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 5:27:33 PM
Author:puffyp

I have the center stone (1.27ct round brilliant, ideal cut, F SI2) now I need the ring.

I have been searching for a setting that I like more than all the others and I have finally made a decision. I like a ring that is sold by Pearlman''s and is part of their Pearlman''s Collection. I am going to have it made 3/4 pave instead of full.

I am wondering if there are other stores or designers who also make this ring with top quality workmanship. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks for your help, Patrick
I think the rings is lovely and I definately agree with Mrs Salvo, my only concern is that this is the ring you like best. Do you know if your lady likes pave? Also is she going to want a matching wedding band? 3 sided pave on both may be an issue so be sure to discuss that with your GF and Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results