shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Planner? Aspen...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AshNZ

Rough_Rock
Looks like, all things going well, I will propose in Aspen while were are skiing in Feb next year.
I would love to make it extremely intimate but feel that is often difficult to do. I was thinking of a sleigh ride or snow shoe to a remote location to a surpsie dinner in the middle of nowhere. Set up in with a personal chef and waiter/photogapher before retiring to a gorgeous hotel...

Are there ''engagement planners'' who could help me set this up?

Ash

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check with the hotel you will be staying at. They probably have someone who would be more than happy to help you arrange all the details. They''d also be very familiar with the area and be able to offer great suggestions on possible locations.

A sleigh ride to a secluded candle lit dinner would be amazing. (I''m sure the hotel chef would be able to help with this) The sleigh person could even take pictures when the time came.
I''d be a little more hesitant to snow shoe to a secluded meal. A little harder to get timing right. To many uncontrollable details. (she could get tired/cold and want to turn back early, could take longer than expected and food get cold, could fall and get hurt and miss the meal entirely, etc.)

AshNZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:59:05 PM
Author: TooPatient
Check with the hotel you will be staying at. They probably have someone who would be more than happy to help you arrange all the details. They''d also be very familiar with the area and be able to offer great suggestions on possible locations.

A sleigh ride to a secluded candle lit dinner would be amazing. (I''m sure the hotel chef would be able to help with this) The sleigh person could even take pictures when the time came.
I''d be a little more hesitant to snow shoe to a secluded meal. A little harder to get timing right. To many uncontrollable details. (she could get tired/cold and want to turn back early, could take longer than expected and food get cold, could fall and get hurt and miss the meal entirely, etc.)
I have just found a couple of event planners and fired off a few emails. Fingers crossed.

Good thoughts on the snow shoe. I have found a horse drawn sleigh that can be booked privately. I''m thinking a very secluded and rugged log cabin in the middle of nowhere, or a ''Mongolian'' type tent set up with huge throw rugs etc. An outside fire would be lovely too. I''ll have her favourite flowers brought in. Gourmet dinner.

Live musician or entertainment pre-dinner of any kind? Hmm, what about an Indigenous story teller around the open fire telling stories of lifes creation (or something)....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2009 5:01:55 PM
Author: AshNZ

I have just found a couple of event planners and fired off a few emails. Fingers crossed.

Good thoughts on the snow shoe. I have found a horse drawn sleigh that can be booked privately. I''m thinking a very secluded and rugged log cabin in the middle of nowhere, or a ''Mongolian'' type tent set up with huge throw rugs etc. An outside fire would be lovely too. I''ll have her favourite flowers brought in. Gourmet dinner.

Live musician or entertainment pre-dinner of any kind? Hmm, what about an Indigenous story teller around the open fire telling stories of lifes creation (or something)....

Entertainment and tent/cabin would depend on what she likes and what is available there.

Walking into a rustic cabin to find a fire going and nice candle lit dinner would be nice. Might also provide a bit more protection from the cold. If she likes that sort of thing, you could even see about staying the night there and going back to the hotel in the morning.

One of the event planners or the hotel people will be more familiar with the area. They''ll know about where fires are/aren''t allowed, locations of cabins, clearings for tents, etc.

You have wonderful ideas. Whatever you do, I''m sure she''ll have some great memories and be really impressed at the time and thought you put into it.

AshNZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 11:45:40 AM

Entertainment and tent/cabin would depend on what she likes and what is available there.

Walking into a rustic cabin to find a fire going and nice candle lit dinner would be nice. Might also provide a bit more protection from the cold. If she likes that sort of thing, you could even see about staying the night there and going back to the hotel in the morning.

One of the event planners or the hotel people will be more familiar with the area. They''ll know about where fires are/aren''t allowed, locations of cabins, clearings for tents, etc.

You have wonderful ideas. Whatever you do, I''m sure she''ll have some great memories and be really impressed at the time and thought you put into it.
Good to know I am on the right track. Now if only I could plan the weather :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2009 11:40:12 AM

Date: 11/3/2009 11:45:40 AM

Good to know I am on the right track. Now if only I could plan the weather :)

You might have a back-up plan in case the weather is too bad. Maybe a secluded part of the hotel you could reserve and have a romantic dinner looking out on the snow. (again, the hotel people should be more than happy to help you) Or even just a back up location a bit closer to the main hotel so you can get to it even if it is snowing heavily.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 5:01:55 PM

Great idea!
but personally, the story teller or music may be kinda awkward. some person plays the violin (or tells a story) right next to you two while you''re trying to have a private dinner w/ conversation and proposal? What do they do while you drop to one knee? keep playing? turn around so you can have some privacy? idk. I don''t know your future fiancee''s personality but i think she''ll be so blown away by your thoughtful date, she''d rather be able to talk to you about it. I doubt she''d miss music or a story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results