shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement photos- how far in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Engagement photos are included in our photo package and we will be using some of the pictures for our wedding guestbook. We have already sent our "save the dates" so we really have no urgency for the engagement photos-except we will post the best ones on our wedding website.

How far in advance do you think we should take these? 6 months before wedding? 4 months? Thoughts?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
when the weather is nice
2.gif

I am really no help since FI and I had our engagement pics taken waaaaay over a year ahead of time. I would say though to try and have them taken at a time where you don''t think you''ll be really stressed out with wedding stuff.

Have fun!!
9.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think most books and websites say about six to eight months ahead of the wedding.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got married on Saturday. Our engagement photos were on Thursday. So I''d say, more than 2 days.
9.gif

InLoveinSF

Rough_Rock
Definitely second re the weather being nice. But after that, I would say the sooner the better. What''s the benefit of waiting? The sooner you get them done, the sooner you can show them off to your friends and put them up at your house. :) Oh, and as somebody said, you''ll be more and more stressed as you get closer to your wedding day, so do them early! :)

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thx. We are going to do them Feb/March so will have them 3-4 months before wedding. Now deciding what to wear for photos!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
We''re doing ours in April ... wedding is in August. I am NOT doing them in the freezing cold!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
whenever you want it to be! i wanted the FALL colors so i had my e-pic done 8months before my wedding!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding was at the end of July, and we did e-pics the second week of March. So 5 months ahead.

I kind of wish we would have waited until late April/early May, and then it would have been much greener.

ETA: Is there a specific reason or thing that you need them for before the wedding?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 11:42:56 AM
Author: meresal
Our wedding was at the end of July, and we did e-pics the second week of March. So 5 months ahead.

I kind of wish we would have waited until late April/early May, and then it would have been much greener.

ETA: Is there a specific reason or thing that you need them for before the wedding?
i think some people send them out for save the dates or with the invites - we are sending our with the invites (i think.. i havent decided yet). Also maybe if people want to put them on a slide show for the wedding?
my FBIL had his done 8 months before the wedding, since they used theirs as their STD''s.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I did mine in November for a July wedding, so that''s about 8 months ahead. I would''ve waited longer but I live in NYC and it gets cold. And when it gets cold, I get grumpy. And I didn''t think my grumpy face would make for great e-pics. Plus it was nice to take advantage of the pretty autumn colors and scenery.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''d do them when it works for you and when you like the outdoor scenery (if you are having outdoor shots...)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
We did ours in April. Wedding is not until July this year. We were able to get them for free only during that month, so we did them. I love looking at them as they tie me over until I can oogle over my pro pics
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results