shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement gift far in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So my best friend got engaged over christmas (
yippee10.gif
)
and we are currently planning an engagement party for her. I'd like to get her something but am not sure what...her wedding will be summer/spring 2011 so it 's a bit of a ways off which is why I'm having problems thinking of something...she's not really a flowers type of girl so that's out and she doesn't really wear jewelry...Maybe a bottle of wine from one of the wineries in Colorado here? She just got a digital picture frame (I got a great deal with all the Christmas specials starting around that time!
1.gif
) for being in our wedding so something like that is probably out as well. So if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated
1.gif
I mean at the least I'll give her a card with a special note inside
2.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 1:01:15 PM
Author:Smurfyimproved
So my best friend got engaged over christmas (
yippee10.gif
)
and we are currently planning an engagement party for her. I''d like to get her something but am not sure what...her wedding will be summer/spring 2011 so it ''s a bit of a ways off which is why I''m having problems thinking of something...she''s not really a flowers type of girl so that''s out and she doesn''t really wear jewelry...Maybe a bottle of wine from one of the wineries in Colorado here? She just got a digital picture frame (I got a great deal with all the Christmas specials starting around that time!
1.gif
) for being in our wedding so something like that is probably out as well. So if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated
1.gif
I mean at the least I''ll give her a card with a special note inside
2.gif
I think a bottle of wine and a card would be perfect. If you wanted to do a little something more get her one of those wedding planning folder things. I can''t think of what it''s called. It''s like a memory book type thing. Those are super cute. Congrats to your friend!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I would give her and her FI something they could both enjoy, something like jewelry would really just be a gift to her and I think inappropriate for an engagement party. Some of my favorite engagement gifts were nice frames and vases from Waterford as well as stemware. I usually give stemware as an engagement gift personally, you can find nice sets in a wide variety of price ranges and you can do cute add ons like a favorite bottle of wine or a wine magazine with wine glasses or high end beers with lager glasses.

ETA: of course you could always wait and see if she registers

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Well I'm looking for economically friendly gifts :) She's a country girl and I'm sure how much she would like waterford type things? I know she has all her wine glasses and beer things though
1.gif
He's a cattle rancher, maybe something cute and wedding-y to do with that?

Great ideas so far ladies, keep em coming
1.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
If she already has a collection of wine and beer glasses then I would go to some local wine shops and ask them about their selection of best inexpensive wines and pick up 2 or 3 bottles and/or maybe a case of fancy beer. I know if you look around you can find some great bottles for under $10 DH and I regularly engage in competitions with his cousin over who can find the best bottle for the least amount.

.....I have no idea what could be wedding and cattle related so sorry I''m no help in that area

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a lot of pics of the couple, it is really fun to make calendars online, sites like snapfish and shutterfly have those. I think that would be a fun (and budget-friendly) engagement gift unless you''re hell-bent on giving wine.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 1:47:11 PM
Author: monarch64
If you have a lot of pics of the couple, it is really fun to make calendars online, sites like snapfish and shutterfly have those. I think that would be a fun (and budget-friendly) engagement gift unless you''re hell-bent on giving wine.

That is a fun idea too, I might have to look into that
I''m not hellbent on wine, just the first thing that popped into my head since I live in a different part of the country than her
1.gif

Oh also she is a nurse, she''s back in school for her RN degree, hmmm

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My most favorite engagement gift was my ring holder. Macy''s has Waterford ones at all different price ranges!

Also, my SIL made us a guest book. But you can buy some on Etsy as well. Super cute and very handy

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the idea of a ring holder! I''m sure she''ll be taking it off a lot when she is at work in the hospital (I would imagine?) Thanks for the idea! I wish I had a picture of the ring to show you guys, it''s GORGEOUS
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 1:53:23 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

I''m not hellbent on wine, just the first thing that popped into my head since I live in a different part of the country than her
1.gif

Yeah, I was just trying to think of something that would benefit both of them.

You could go ahead and get her a "Our First Christmas" ornament if she''s getting married before Christmas? Just a thought.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
How cute is this little snake guy
3.gif
I might have to get myself one too lol

il_430xN.114944216.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 2:10:28 PM
Date: 1/12/2010 1:53:23 PM

1.gif

Yeah, I was just trying to think of something that would benefit both of them.

You could go ahead and get her a ''Our First Christmas'' ornament if she''s getting married before Christmas? Just a thought.

Oh I really like this idea too!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 2:08:35 PM
Oh I love the idea of a ring holder! I''m sure she''ll be taking it off a lot when she is at work in the hospital (I would imagine?) Thanks for the idea! I wish I had a picture of the ring to show you guys, it''s GORGEOUS
30.gif

That''s a great idea Italia! RedEnvelope.com has some super cute ring holders too. I love RE for this type of gift.

I think a bottle of wine or champagne would a great gift as well with a heartfelt note/card.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I also think the ring holder is a great idea--with a bottle of wine or champagne if you are friends with the groom too and want it to not just be a gift for her.

Another good present I got were gift cards to bookstores to buy wedding mags. They are very expensive, and often something GIWs and BIWs will use to help with planning/conceptualization.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I think a nice bottle of wine is a very nice gift. Congratulations to your friend!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 2:40:57 PM
Author: katamari
I also think the ring holder is a great idea--with a bottle of wine or champagne if you are friends with the groom too and want it to not just be a gift for her.

Another good present I got were gift cards to bookstores to buy wedding mags. They are very expensive, and often something GIWs and BIWs will use to help with planning/conceptualization.

Oh that is also a good idea, I remember I only bought 3 or 4 magazines the whole time because I couldn''t rationalize spending 7 bucks on something I was going to flip through lol

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Two of my favorite engagement gifts were antique/vintage wine glasses and monogrammed cloth napkins -- both a true reflection of us and the things we appreciate. Maybe think along those lines.

I wished I had received a ring holder for my engagement, but luckily ended up finding an antique candlewick heart shaped ring dish for $10 and just bought it.

Another cute gift we received was "Smittens" from Red Envelope. It''s three mittens - one small one for her, a larger one for him, and a double mitten to hold hands inside of. Too cute, and corny enough we have actually used them!
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of DH''s clients gave me a beautiful crystal ring holder for our engagement, I love it. That''s a really good gift idea.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring holder idea. Or how about a subscription to a wedding magazine? Wouldn''t cost much and she would get use out of a year''s subscription because her wedding is over a year away.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 8:28:15 PM
Author: neatfreak
I love the ring holder idea. Or how about a subscription to a wedding magazine? Wouldn''t cost much and she would get use out of a year''s subscription because her wedding is over a year away.
THIS is a great idea!
I would totally gift her a subscription to a wedding magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results