shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I dont think my engagement chicken is working
15.gif
Did anyone who made it feel this way after awhile...its only been about a month, maybe a month in a half, but i wish it would work already
8.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
You don''t really believe in engagement chicken, do you?

Engagement chicken was invented by magazines that want to exploit women''s feelings in order to sell a few more at the stands. It''s the same thing with their "how to satisfy a guy in 10 ways" but it was written by a woman and edited by a woman.

It''ll happen for you. I know it can get discouraging waiting but it will happen.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i had no clue engagement chicken existed. i might make it sometime just to see what it tastes like, that a whole lot of lemons! although the best way to get to a man is supposedly through his stomach, i seriously doubt this works. sounds delicious though, how did it taste?
stereotypically wouldn''t an engagement steak work better?
3.gif

in my case i believe it''d be engagement sushi.

i''m sorry it hasn''t happened yet jessie, but hopefully he praised your cooking after making such a meal for him. and he could be planning something but it just hasn''t been the right time yet
5.gif

oh and did your recipe have the picture where it looks like the chicken is laying a lemon? i know it must make the chicken taste wonderful, but having the lemon up there looks funny
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 5:59:46 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Engagement chicken was invented by magazines that want to exploit women''s feelings in order to sell a few more at the stands. It''s the same thing with their ''how to satisfy a guy in 10 ways'' but it was written by a woman and edited by a woman.

It''ll happen for you. I know it can get discouraging waiting but it will happen.

ditto Fiery!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
well, i''ve made engagement chicken 3 times now..which only confirmed that i must do the household cooking
18.gif
20.gif
. Have you tried the pork log yet?
3.gif

good luck *hugs*

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

Engagement chicken was invented by magazines that want to exploit women''s feelings in order to sell a few more at the stands. It''s the same thing with their ''how to satisfy a guy in 10 ways'' but it was written by a woman and edited by a woman.

Well in that sense of "believing" I dont think anyone really thinks this is some magic chick that miraculously makes your bf propose do they? lol I hope not!
40.gif

However, most articles will talk about a girl being "wife material", and there are certain elements that a gf can portray that make a guy think of long term potential (being motherly, getting along with his family, cooking, etc). So if anything, "engagement chicken" is one of many things that you can do to show him this. (I dont really cook, but my bf tells me I''m such a good wife, cause no one makes a pb &j like me! lol)

All of these girls that say "the chicken worked!" I''m sure their bf was close to proposing in the near future anyway. I doubt any guy that had absolutely no intention of getting married would do a complete turn around and be like "i need to propose NOW!".

Jessie, your time will come hun. Just count this as a nice thing you did for your bf, and let him add it to the many reasons why he loves you and wants to marry you.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 5:32:02 AM
Author: bee*

ditto Fiery!
Agree!

To keep me sane, I started saving money each week. My nowDH was saving for the ring. I started saving for OUR HOUSE. I figured if he didn''t propose and I left him on the curb, I''d still have a nice chunk of change saved up. It didn''t help make me less of a crazy person (and yes I was) but I could tap into my saving acount and look at it and go... wow look at it grow. Then I''d think about his and wonder where my ring was.... but that is just me. (And when I had a nice chunk saved up... he asked.)

Best wishes.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:45:01 AM
Author: NakedFinger

Well in that sense of ''believing'' I dont think anyone really thinks this is some magic chick that miraculously makes your bf propose do they? lol I hope not!
40.gif

However, most articles will talk about a girl being ''wife material'', and there are certain elements that a gf can portray that make a guy think of long term potential (being motherly, getting along with his family, cooking, etc). So if anything, ''engagement chicken'' is one of many things that you can do to show him this. (I dont really cook, but my bf tells me I''m such a good wife, cause no one makes a pb &j like me! lol)

i second the ''wife material'' part, and i simply must have this amazing pb&j recipe
28.gif
though i bet it tastes awesome due to the love you put in it!

as for the "magical engagement inducing properties" of said chicken. well, insomnia struck so i talked to one of my best guy friends who''s my big brother for all intensive purposes and we dissected the engagement chicken. he said that the lemon juices combine with the chicken juices at the critical heat of baking temperature to create a mind control serum. and the magical properties of the pie do not lie in the spice mixture like i thought, but rather in the three lines cut into the crust. he also wondered if he were to make this chicken, since he cooks for himself (and is one awesome cook at that) would he then feel the urge to propose to himself?

2am "scientific" discussion aside
34.gif
(with your juices combined, i am captain mind control!)
he said while he would greatly appreciate the meal and he would be touched that someone put so much time and effort into preparing it for him, he would only be proposing sometime after that after if he had been planning on proposing around that time.

he''ll propose when it''s the right moment, and him proposing will be because he loves you so very much. and now he knows he''s getting an amazing cook as well as an amazing girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results