shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Ok, clearly, I''m not engaged yet as I am on this board. However, I have a question. Has anyone prepared to send out engagement announcements? If so, can you give me details. My friend just told me that I have ONE MONTH (eek!) to send them out and they''re supposed to have a date on them.

Does anyone have details/thoughts?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s silly.
I don''t even know that it''s necessary to send out announcements. Aren''t you going to tell everyone who you''d want to know anyway? Sometimes I feel like the announcements are really a ''please send me a gift'' card.

However, if you do send one out, there is no reason for there to be a wedding date on it. That''s what a save-the-date card is.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I was engaged once before and was insistent that we have formal engagement announcements. There were no dates on it, just an announcement of the engagement itself. This engagement was broken 6 months before the wedding....

My 2nd engagement (and the one to which I''m still married 10 years later) had no formal engagement announcement. Word-of-mouth and a lot of phone calls were our engagement announcements. It was much more personable and allowed us to share our excitement with others over and over...

The choice is yours...there''s no hard and fast rule about when you have to get them out or to have a wedding date on them...do what feels right for you!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
The only engagement "announcement" I''ve ever received was an invitation for the engagement party. I was notified first by telephone anyway so the invitation was not a big surprise.

I''ve personally never heard of sending out engagement announcements. Maybe it''s not common where I live.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
In my family most engagements spread by word of mouth. News will spread quickly, people will be excited to share that with everyone! I''d just save the money and the hassle!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We called pretty much everyone who we wanted to know, but my mother also put an announcement in the hometown newspaper. Its where my family has always lived (4 generations) and where we are getting married, so those that know me and my family, but arent close to us could still know.

I think word of mouth is perfectly fine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results