shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged with a beautiful vintage Art Deco ring!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!!!! Your rings are beautiful. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It's such an excited time! I'm moving to San Diego in a couple of weeks because my company opened an office there and asked me to relocate. My FIANCE cannot move until next year. So, we will only get to see each other a couple times a month. I was hoping he would propose before I moved! I am so happy everything is falling into place! Plus it will be a nice distraction planning a wedding!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
So, I felt like the ring was scratching my finger a little...and the settings is very delicate on each side of the gallery. At lunch I took it to a local goldsmith that specializes in antique and custom jewelery. He checked it out and said the gallery is cracked on both sides. I will bring the ring in next week and they will laser repair it (laser welding he called it). He said I could also do with a re-shanking but it's not urgent. The ring is over 80 years old so we understand repairs will need to be made from time to time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! If this guy is good, I'd go ahead and let him fix the shank, too, before you move!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364333475|3413955 said:
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! If this guy is good, I'd go ahead and let him fix the shank, too, before you move!

Thanks DS! I really want to get the ring repaired before I move. I do trust this jeweler with vintage rings because that is their specialty. We decided to have the ring refurbished including the gallery and shank. I'm dropping it off today.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Very unique & beautiful ring!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
We decided to have the ring refurbished including the gallery and shank.

Good thinking. I had the shank strengthened on a small Lang Antique ring. They did a seamless job and the ring even felt more confortable to wear after it was done.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Nature pics and more hand pics will have to wait until I get the ring back next Friday. Erica has kindly offered to cover the repairs of the gallery. Jewels by Erica Grace are amazing! I am so lucky!

I want to add to my story: when we first started talking about getting engaged, I told Jason I wanted a vintage ring...it's what I've always wanted since I can remember. That was always on his mind. We looked at a lot of replicas, but he knew I really wanted a true antique. I thought he was just "not ready" this whole time...when in reality, he just hadn't found the perfect ring! It's amazing how the story unfolds!

We are planning a September wedding on the lake at my parent's house. Jason said he would marry me tomorrow, but he will patiently wait so I have time to plan a big party...6 months! Yay!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
The ring is very pretty, nice taste!!! Congrats on your engagement!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is back from repairs...it's perfect! I will take some garden shots today...the wind has been ferocious the last couple of days!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah!

himni

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I am married! Wanted to show pics of my rings!

My e-ring is from Jewels by Erica Grace. It came with a 7-stone anniversary band. The wedding band my husband purchased from circa1930s.com.

_10555.jpg

_10556.jpg

_10557.jpg

_10558.jpg

DC519

Rough_Rock
This is really beautiful!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage! I love all your rings. Very unusual! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness that is stunning! Truly one of a kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely ADORE IT! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my lordy mandasand, that is an absolutely gorgeous set!!!! :love: The band your husband bought looks perfect with your ering! One of my favorite sets I've seen so far in my 4+ years on PS!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1380905558|3532144 said:
Oh my lordy mandasand, that is an absolutely gorgeous set!!!! :love: The band your husband bought looks perfect with your ering! One of my favorite sets I've seen so far in my 4+ years on PS!

WOW! Thank you SO much! The wedding band has these really pretty flowers spaced evenly around the band and then a delicate milligrain. I wanted to get an orange blossom Traub ring but I could find none in my ring size after looking for two months. We also contacted Marlene Harris but may of the rings did not have my size and some of her prices were pretty high. We got this band from Circa1930s for $325
http://www.circa1930s.com/c30shop/wband6/lwb110-flwrct/lwb110-flwrct.htm

The e-ring is from the 1930s. We are not sure the maker. The anniversary band is from the 1950s and was stamped Granat Bros, which was a jeweler based in San Francisco and I believe Zales acquired them in the 60s. The anniversary band doesn't really match the e-ring but I think it makes a nice stack with the white gold wedding band my husband gave me.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!! Congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I missed this first time around, but love your ER and the band. Congratulations on your wedding and marriage! The rings look lovely on your (right?) hand and I especially love your background in the pics :))

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1380910158|3532211 said:
I don't know how I missed this first time around, but love your ER and the band. Congratulations on your wedding and marriage! The rings look lovely on your (right?) hand and I especially love your background in the pics :))

Yes, I wear my rings on my right hand! I need to take some more pics of my ring because my OEC is really a little fireball, but for some reason, I can't get my iPhone to capture the sparkle.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pics from the wedding of our rings! I seriously cannot believe my little vintage OEC, only .57 ct looks SO huge on my finger. I adore my rings. So special and unique. And I love JBEG - I can't wait to get something else from them in the future!

6220.jpg

_12360.jpg

ringsclose.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new marriage! I love your rings and the pics of your bouquet!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage! What a beautiful set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results