shape
carat
color
clarity

EMERGENCY!! Can someone plesase show me a picture of their 3 sided Michael B Ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dommie

Rough_Rock
Hi I need help IMMEDIATELY, hopefully someone with a Michael B 3 sided pave engagement ring will be able to show me pictures of their ring.
I am getting engaged soon, not too sure when since my boyfriend wants it to be a surprise.
We have already purchased the diamond which is a 1.50 carat, D colour, Ideal cut, VS1 diamond, I have not seen it though!!
I want my diamond set in the Michael B setting, however I will be getting it custom made from a local jeweller in my area..... but....I wanted someones feedback with this ring setting. How do they like it? etc.
Thank you all very much for your time!!
9.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i do not own the ring, but i have a friend who has it and i am a big fan. i just adore the look of the superthin pave band. also, there are pictures of it available on the web--have you seen those?

i think fortheloveofdiamonds is getting that exact ring--maybe she'll chime in.

dommie

Rough_Rock
Thanks soo much for your reply reyoncee. I love the ring as well,the super thin pave is my most favourite as well!, the thing is I have only had access to the websites that the ring is posted on like pearlmans, solomons, and Michael B.
I wanted to see different angles of the ring and these sites do not offer that. Due to the reason that I am getting it custom made I think it would be of importance to get the whole image of the ring rather than just a few shots of it.....though my jeweller tells me he can make it exactly I am still a little nervous. That is why I am looking for someone that can help me with a few other pics of the ring. Do you think the size of my diamond will look good in the setting? All the settings I have seen the diamonds look 3 carats plus!
Thanks soo much for your help! :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
26P13.jpg

Is this it? It''s such a pretty setting. Don''t forget to share your pictures with us. Wow a D!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 2:17
6.gif
7 PM
Author: reena

i think fortheloveofdiamonds is getting that exact ring--maybe she''ll chime in.
Yup. Dommie. I am getting that exact ring in well... 127 hours.. but really who is counting. I will post pics when I get it.. in the meantime you can go to www.pearlmansjewelers.com and check out the Michael B. page...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Dommie:

My diamond is also a 1.5c round brilliant. I think the size is puuuurrrrfect. LOL! but I am biased. I haven''t seen my ring with my H VS2 AGS000 yet, but I have seen the setting with a 1.5c cubic zirconia... My husband thought it was *too* big! I didn''t think so! LOL!

Can I ask why you are not considering getting the real-deal? if you are anxious that the jeweler won''t make it exactly like you want? I got mine at Pearlman''s and he was a gem to work with.. Maybe you can contact him.

For an example of great pave by a local jeweler check out slammie''s new rings in the Show Me the Ring forum and Reeyonce''s ring in the forum... although I think Slammie''s will be more your style, although......her ring is one-sided.

Anyway, i''ll post pics when I get mine. Good Luck!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 2:33:28 PM
Author: sevens one
26P13.jpg

Is this it? It''s such a pretty setting. Don''t forget to share your pictures with us. Wow a D!!
i think that the standard three-sided looks like that except without the surprise diamond and the diamond prongs. i think it will look AWESOME with a 1.5 carat stone. that''s a good size stone as is, and the thin band will really make it POP.

it would be cool if you could find alternate views of the three-sided but i really think it''s a pretty straightforward setting that any jeweler could easily duplicate--just a three-sided, rounded pave band with those triangle -style prongs.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The band witdh, fyi, is 2.5mm in width and it is 2mm thick!

dommie

Rough_Rock
Thank you soooo much for all your help!!! Of course....you will see pictures of my ring as soon as I get it!! lol, I will let you know all about the proposal and then post some pics!!! :))
To be honest with you, I really wanted the Michael B setting that pearlman''s jewellers makes but....my boyfriend wanted to spend as much as he could on the diamond alone, without spending too much on the setting!! I was not going to get diamond prongs but....now decided to do so as well, sooo that should be good hopefully!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!! lol
Try to send me some pics of ure ring tooo :) I am all excited now!!!
Good luck!! :)

dommie

Rough_Rock
Yes a D colour, I know we really lucked out!!! Yes.... that is the setting, thanks soooo much!!! :)

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Dommie, welcome to Pricescope! Good luck on the quest for your ring and please post lots of pics when you are able. It sounds like it will be beautiful!
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results