shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald with channel-set Asscher side stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Defender

Shiny_Rock
We are working on an engagement ring idea, featuring a large emerald center stone and channel set asscher side stones.. We have only seen a couple of different channel settings with asscher side stones, which we think would work well with a large center Emerald stone. (The two we have seen were a Facets design and a Blue Nile design)

We would love to see any other suggestions or pictures of these types of settings with side asschers.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id use caution with very small asschers a lot of the ones iv seen were pretty flat and blah. Huge tables and no crown height.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that the channel set stones are not quite emerald cut but square baguettes. And in fact, I prefer those - pointy corners leave no gaps in a channel setting (same as it is the case for princess cuts), and for such small diamonds, fewer and larger facets make for a brighter look. The best proportions for these... may not require a small table. In fact - you'd need a good loupe to tell. Only if the stones are not consistently bright in a row it shows in an unpleasant way - a really dull diamond looks much like a missing tooth
14.gif

Agreed with Strm about smaller asschers - but those are not asschers. And I suspect that for up to a quarter carat these step cut squares fare better. Honestly, I don't think I found eternity bands set with very small & true asscher style cut stones (i.e. nearly octagonal with deep cut corners and high crowns etc.) perhaps the channel set wedding bands with Lucida cut diamonds are the closest thing... but that is a different story and the small Lucida diamonds are not as bright as the square baguettes either - by far.

As far as I know, below half a carat even the 'normal' square emerald cuts with cut corners tend to be cut shallower and with relatively larger tables, to make the most of the small size. The same proportions would not be too flattering for a large stone, but they sure work on the small ones.

My 2c

Btw. Blue Nile posts drawing of their setting... or at least those images do not look like photos of actual rings to me. The couple of rings labeled 'with channel set Asschers' contain the sort of step cut accent diamonds without cut corners I mentioned above (for example, this does). Same at Facets... or Tiffany for what that matters.

Among the sellers talked about here, Dimend Scassi and PrecisionSet have rings set with such sidestones. I have not looked them up on purpose though, so many examples are likely to have escaped.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Defender-
I love that facets band you posted. I think it would look great with an EC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results