shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut reset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneswede

Rough_Rock

here are some new photos of the reset. Gained 2mm (YIPPEE?!)

19.gif

I would love some feedback on how the gap looks. the setting was changed from a basket setting (which I heart) to a "V" tiffany setting. Definately changes the look in my opinion but what is done is done. I managed to get the rings closer though which will help with my eternity band I have. (it will now sit flush when I wear it instead of the mathing band)

pictures are from my jeweler. should get it by monday.

Copy of 1245ecskte.JPG

oneswede

Rough_Rock
another shot

Copy of 1278EMSKT1.JPG

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great and if you didn''t tell me about it, I wouldn''t have notices the V vs. basket. I think I like this one better actually. And I prefer the smaller gap. Be happy! It looks fabulous!
36.gif

oneswede

Rough_Rock
thanks! i cant wait to see it in person!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? It could be the picture but I think the EC looks crooked now ... and the top two prongs are not evenly matched. One is more narrow & one is blobbier. Also, don''t think the "matching" band is flattering to the e-ring. It''s too high set to ever fit flush, with any stone (not just rectangular ones). Seems like a design flaw. A plain metal low set band will look MUCH better & sit relatively flush -- or, hopefully the eternity band you speak of. Maybe bag that "matching" band entirely.

PRETTY STONE though!!! That''s the good news!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

It looks good (except for the prong issue that deco pointed out), but for some reason the gap looks the same as before... maybe I am just tripping...

33.gif

Anyway, congrats and I cant wait to see more pics when you have your sparklie back in your hands

9.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Jswede-- My, what a beautiful stone! I love the proportions of it.

As for the basket vs. Tiffany setting, IMO you just have to see how you feel after you''ve had it on your finger for a few days. I personally prefer basket settings for elongated stones like EC, but you do get those gap issues. The higher setting of the Tiffany will probably make your stone look a bit bigger top-down in addition to giving some clearance for a band, but it might catch on every sweater you have and drive you batty.

If for some reason it arrives and you''re not satisfied with the gap and feeling guilty about not being satisfied, just tell yourself that you wouldn''t be having this problem if you had a .2 carat round from Zales. Because as true as that statement might be, you''d be stuck with some heavily included gob of spit instead of that BEAUTIFUL stone you have. If you stick with the process, you''ll get to something you love. I mean, the only reason you''ve having these problems is that you have such a big, beautiful stone.

Be sure to post more photos when it arrives!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that the gap is smaller. Is it now small enough for you? I know that you prefer the basket setting but from the top down view the change of setting isn''t obvious. If you don''t tell people I bet they''d never notice it.

Hope you like it once you get it back on your hand. As others have said the stone itself is stunning.
9.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love the new side view. its a beautiful difference.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 1:51:05 PM
Author: poshpepper

It looks good (except for the prong issue that deco pointed out), but for some reason the gap looks the same as before... maybe I am just tripping...

33.gif

Anyway, congrats and I cant wait to see more pics when you have your sparklie back in your hands

9.gif

I thought the same thing. Hmmm....maybe once you have it and play around with it (and document it with lots of pics of course!) the gap will look smaller. The reason a band cannot sit flush is because of the width of the setting. My EC ering and WB sit flush (because my band is wider). So if for some reason you are still not happy I would suggest getting a slightly wider band.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I actually thought that the gap looked noticeably smaller, but maybe I''m the one tripping...

Anyway, it''s a beautiful ring! I did notice the difference in the prongs, though, once Deco pointed it out. It doesn''t sound like you''re totally sold on it though. If you decide in a few days that you don''t love it, then don''t feel bad about trying again! you''ve spent too much money and time to have something on your finger that doesn''t make you happy.

oneswede

Rough_Rock
tacori-

i would love to see pictures of your wider band. i should be getting the rings FedEX today and I will post pictures. I think it is just the angle of the shot that makes the ring look crocked. i cant imagine that they would reset it and have it sent out crocked?! Wait and see!
emsmile.gif

my sister has an emerald cut that has a band that is notched around the ER. instead of having the center straight baquette she has 2 side stones. Ive had this ring for a while (before she got her''s and just had it reset)

Cant wait to see it. Ill post pics.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really need to take some updated pictures but this thread here has a photo of my wedding set. I know there are more pictures posted somewhere on here but that is what came up from a quick search.

oneswede

Rough_Rock

oye... worried and a bit deflated now. Sounds like there isn’t any part of it you like.

I’m anxiously waiting for its arrival. Leaving NY today should be here (in DC) wed am. The stone isn’t set crocked. I went back and looked at a few of the other pictures they had sent. I think it was just too big for her hand (hence the middle finger) and was photographed at an angle. I absolutely love the Emerald cut. It''s always been my favorite and you can’t get more classic than the tapered baguettes. I’m very excited / nervous to see it.

oneswede

Rough_Rock
Tacori, Your ER is stunning. I love the mix of stones. I see what you mean with the ring being thicker. its a very nice fit. beautiful.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 4:50:25 PM
Author: oneswede

I’m anxiously waiting for its arrival. I’m very excited / nervous to see it.

And we are anxiously awaiting those pics!!!
9.gif

I hope it turns out beautifully, and I cant wait to see the evidence
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 4:54:35 PM
Author: oneswede
Tacori, Your ER is stunning. I love the mix of stones. I see what you mean with the ring being thicker. its a very nice fit. beautiful.

Thanks so much! I love it. I really feel like the only reason the rings sit flush is b/c of the width. My EC is set in a basket setting. I believe it is 6-7 mm wide. My wedding band is 2.5 mm. I hope you love your ring once you see it IRL. Don''t stress til you have something to stress about.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the side view of your set!!! Your first pic is awesome!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results