shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adjustable

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if an emerald cut diamond with a "VS" cutlet is undesirable? I found a diamond that I really like (1.45 Carat) but it has the cutlet, I couldnt find any info in regards to how it affects an Emerald''s appearance and value? Will this affect the naked eye appearance of the diamond? Thanks for the info. This is my first post although I have been frequently visiting the site for months.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
In my opinion--no issue at all. If you look up culet in pricescope it even says that up to medium is unnoticeable to the eye. I purchased an amazing 3.18 carat EC through DCD with a VS culet ....................its a non-issue. Actually --(again in my opinion) I think a culet in an Ec is far less an issue as it becomes part and parcel of the linear pllanes of the facets. whereas, the open culet at the bottom of a round is far more distracting

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Windowshopper on the culet; it is really a non-issue.

Adjustable

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info, I''m one to research a LOT before I make descisions but I just couldn''t find much info on emerald cutlet information. I''m guessing the "VS" stands for very small? Thanks again

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Yes...the VS stands for "very small" which is why, for a cutlet, it is a non-issue....
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results