shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Diamonds Ideal Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Did I say no sidestones? Hmm...
9.gif

r089-06W.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2005 1:01:15 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

Did I say no sidestones? Hmm...
E_W Emerald with half moon sides sounds veryexotic to me! Traps would not hurt either.... And I think there is a solitaire set somewhat like this at MWM
38.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Like this?

image003.jpg

31.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2005 8:38:58 AM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 8/26/2005 7:00:58 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Like this?

image003.jpg

31.gif
very very sleek
JADELEAVES:

BECAUSE I AM SOOOOOOOOO CRAZY ABOUT EC''S I AM THINKING ABOUT YOUR PROJECT---I THINK THAT IF THIS IS TO BE A RIGHT HAND RING IT SHOULD BE A SOLITAIRE LIKE THIS ONE FOR EXAMPLE. IF YOU DO SIDE STONES SONT YOU START RISK LOOKING TO ENGAGEMENT OR COCKTAIL-ISH???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once upon a time, Tiffany had a three-stone ring with an east-west long sort-of-ec stone (tourmaline or aqua) and two small squares of the same width as the center on the sides. I d not know if a diamond version existed, but the combination of shapes was memorable.

PS: a picture of those in yellow gold resides on Paloma's page at Gold.org (see next post)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps taking up the design as is is beyond the point. The ''perspective'' effect of the square sides and use of long step cuts was the point.

ppsq.JPG

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Windowshopper - I am still keen on keeping this ring simple, and sleek like you said. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I might get Mark Morrell to design this setting, and keep Leon for later
2.gif

Thank you for thinking of me! I''m not in a hurry for this project, so there''s plenty of time to keep searching for ideas!

Val - Those rings are gorgeous! I do think a longer stone will look better in that design?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JL,
That EC is so beautiful that I can''t take my eyes off it. If I had the money, I''d buy it in a heartbeat. The steps are endless and the colour play in the photo is to die for. The matchbox shape is so perfect (I love the ratio). So....have you decided? I love the MWM setting. I have a copy of it and still love it after 5 years because the lines are clean, simple and elegant. Very fitting for an EC. Unique yet classy. It''s something that I probably will never get tired of.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Chrono!
35.gif

I''m just waiting on the last bit of info for the stone before I pull the trigger. Jon is away at a convention, and I''m waiting to speak to him when he gets back on Tuesday. I''ll like to view the brillianscope results from gemex too.

On another note - WHERE ARE THOSE PICS OF THE SPINELS U BOUGHT?!!
31.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the gemex:

EM201GVS2REPORT.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m getting it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JL,

Ah...um...did I hear someone else say there's no spinel pics?
41.gif
Well, I just went to my safe deposit box this morning to pick up another piece of jewellery to wear for the week, and guess what caught my eye? Yup, you've guessed it. It's those red spinels. I've got to get them set soon. I have a feeling I'll be wearing them very often after they are set.

Oh, the brillianscope picture looks yummy.
30.gif
Awfully good for a square cut. I want to see that puppy in person!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
*bump* to add picture of stone in temp stuller setting!

JLEm201GVS2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results