shape
carat
color
clarity

ELVIS LIVES on IDOL, 5/9/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 12:57:10 PM
Author: decodelighted

I mean - he''ll be fine & all - he''ll probably take that ''lead singer of Live'' job they offered him? But won''t it be CRAZY not to have a Taylor vs. Chris finale?? So unexpected considering how STRONGLY Chris started out.
Why because Elliott may be the only one who can beat Taylor?
2.gif

I think Chris peaked to early. At this stage it''s almost like the NCAA - the one with the momentum coming into the late game is the one who has the best shot at winning. Elliott is such dark horse.

I''ve always like Elliott. I''ve always wanted him to win. Why? because he''s the most likely one to NOT have a career after Idol.

Mara, sometimes I like pie. I just don''t like it in my face like when Taylor dances.
39.gif
39.gif
I think he has a cute personality & soulful voice. And, he always looks like he''s having fun. That''s my appeal for Taylor. Spirit

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:02:03 PM
Author: Mara
i would be bummed if chris wasn''t in the final two (though chris and taylor are not my final two picks!!)
woo hooo - Mara - me neither! I would LOVE a Chris/Elliott finale....

Date: 5/10/2006 1:02:03 PM

honestly, guys i cannot see the taylor draw AT ALL. i know it''s kiwi-sacrilege but the guy is just so not appealing to me in absolutely any small way, shape, or forum. he''s like a spasticdancing badhairloving leftoverfromhighschool dork. all of which are not plusses in my book but when they are all lumped together? very unappealing. feel free to beat me about the head and face with a kiwi pie but it''s true. i just never have understood the appeal AT ALL. i honestly am shocked he''s made it this far. i don''t feel like his singing skills are anything to write home about either to be really honest. BUT as deco shows us day in and day out, there''s no accounting for taste.
11.gif
OW! that pie hurt!
Can I say I totally agree with you here? It''s like everyone is saying "Taylor is soooo entertaining, Taylor is sooooo talented" and I just don''t get it. I guess I just don''t get any connection with him

And I have tried REALLY hard to like him - and I have to admit - there are moments - the briefest of moments during some songs where I think "wow - ok so maybe he isn''t that bad - maybe I can finally get on board the "soul patrol" train to crazy town" and then the moment is over and I find myself shaking my heading wondering what the heck I was just thinking!!!

I guess - I just think of after-the-show-is-over time --- Would I sit down in a bar that Taylor/band is playing at and watch them play? Probably if I was already there and there wasn''t a cover. Would I listen to Taylor on the radio? Maybe the first time to hear the song. Would I BUY a Taylor album? Nope. Would I pay money (let''s guess at $30 or more?) to see a full-fledged Taylor concert? No.way.in.heck.

Everyone has their favorite though so we shall see how it plays out tonight!! I''m actually excited/nervous this week!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Philly radio station ripped Taylor apart. They said he was a retard and his dance moves looked like someone having a seizure. Oh they were so cruel.
11.gif
I love Taylor, his dance moves are a bit geeky. But he's got a great voice. Elliott I adore, love him. But this radio show predicts that Chris will be the winner. Guess we'll see.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The deal with TAYLOR and ELLIOTT for me is that they both so clearly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what they do. Their enthusiasm is infectious. Their humility is obvious. Their talent is rough-around-the-edges but ultimately triumphant. They BEAM and RADIATE musicality/spunk/respect for their own idols. And smile while they accept the worst criticism good-naturedly & with deference. They take chances and aren''t afraid to look foolish because what moves them isn''t the desire to appear "cool" - it''s to feel the music & the moment and to let us feel that through them. WHO CARES if some folks cringe and judge & throw pies. To abandon cool for quirky is what it takes to love TAYLOR or ELLIOTT.

Not so for CHRIS & KAT. Those two are lifeless, arrogant, soul-sucking WANNABES who happen to be blessed with nice pipes and "pretty" genes. They can''t even pander effectively & pretend to be less in love with themselves than they so clearly are. They believe their own hype. They believe their mommies. They look completely SHOCKED when anyone has a bad word to say about them. "Who me?" AI ain''t a beauty pagent, or a screaming contest or a "cool-off". Thank goodness.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
see deco i don''t see that kattiness in chris at all...

sure taylor has tons of personality, who cares what pepole think of me, etc etc...but i just think he is like the biggest dork EVER. and not in a cute way. i know i know you love him. have at him, woman.

for me chris and elliott would be an intriguing finale because i think it''d be a hard call for some people to make. for chris and taylor they are SO different that i think people would never deviate from ''oh T is my favorite'' or ''oh C is my favorite'' and it would be a kind of boring finale. but elliott and chris for me have alot of ''combo'' voters and i think the competition finale would be more tough. i also think that elliott has risen more in terms of vocal goodness whereas BOTH taylor and chris to me are kind of stagnant and not really growing.

i''d love to see chris and elliott in the final two becuase i just love them. and i''d have to vote for E when all was said and done and i think it would be interesting to see all the other E/C lovers have to choose. but with E/T or C/T finale, T voters would never deviate. so it wouldn''t be quite as interesting. you are either a card-carrying soul patrol taylorigotyourposteronmywall kinda person or you aren''t. there''s no middle ground!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
And, now it''s time for DecoD to tell us how she *really* feels.
2.gif

..soul sucking wannabees....
32.gif
Note to F&I - never get on the bad side of DecoD.
6.gif
2.gif

I believe all that about Kat. I don''t about Chris. I think Chris is overwhelmed, stressed and being way too serious. He did have fun in the beginning. I don''t think he is a real joyful person to begin with. He "appears" desperate.

From all personal accounts, Elliott is that sweet, humble & joyful.

But, what do I know. I still like the little mink.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI ... I''d bet anything that all this "dancing" of TAYLOR''s is at the very strong urging of the show''s PRODUCERS.

The producers want A SPECTACLE. They want controversy & spice & wildly differing opinions. They''re putting on A SHOW. And that''s what TAYLOR''s crazy/geeky dancing gives them. Which is why they probably made KAT do that horrible prancing too - since all the other "prancers" (Paris/Kellie) are long gone.

The folks are kind of at the mercy of the producers ... who dress them up like fools for those "fake commericals" too BTW.

Fear not -- TAYLOR''s future concerts & live performances will not be "dance-heavy" I am almost POSITIVE. He''s no Mick Jagger/Madonna. He''s just a good sport. Affable. Agreeable. Happy to be in the show & put ON a show. Even if people throw SPAZ pies at him.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I like the fact that people like Taylor and Elliot in SPITE of their retarded moves and crooked teeth. They haven''t been groomed for this, and I think people respond well to the thought of people who previously never thought this would happen, vs people like Kat who have basically been readying themselves for fame since the day they were born. Elliot is my favorite, but I like quirky ones like Taylor too.

I''ve never gotten over my love for "A Little Less Conversation" from spastic pen-salesmen of yore....

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:53:22 PM
FYI ... I''d bet anything that all this ''dancing'' of TAYLOR''s is at the very strong urging of the show''s PRODUCERS.
I don''t think so. He''s been spaz dancing from the git go.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I like the fact that people like Taylor and Elliot in SPITE of their retarded moves and crooked teeth. They haven''t been groomed for this, and I think people respond well to the thought of people who previously never thought this would happen, vs people like Kat who have basically been readying themselves for fame since the day they were born. Elliot is my favorite, but I like quirky ones like Taylor too.

I''ve never gotten over my love for "A Little Less Conversation" from spastic pen-salesmen of yore....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lemon flavored SPAZ pies!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:57:31 PM
Author: wallermama
I''ve never gotten over my love for ''A Little Less Conversation'' from spastic pen-salesmen of yore....

LOL
36.gif
I was TOTALLY searching for a clip of that JPL performance last night to show my Sweetie how that song CAN be done. That was my fave moment from that season!! I think JD Fortune might have done it on RS:INXS too ...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:57:39 PM
Author: fire&ice
Date: 5/10/2006 1:53:22 PM
FYI ... I''d bet anything that all this ''dancing'' of TAYLOR''s is at the very strong urging of the show''s PRODUCERS.
I don''t think so. He''s been spaz dancing from the git go.

Weeeelll. The first instance of SPAZ dancing from Taylor that I can recall is when they announced the top 12 in that "dance off" roll-call ... where THE PRODUCERS made them all dance to the same song in a music montage as their names were announced.

I also noticed the Executive Producer: Nigel ???, GRINNING EAR TO EAR and wildly clapping & jiving as Taylor passed him mid-spaz number last night.

But ya could never get on my "bad side" F&I ...
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 5/10/2006 2:06:00 PM

But ya could never get on my ''bad side'' F&I ...
9.gif
what if she left you a post-it on a kiwi pie going ''but i thought that you were a lemon lover''?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 2:31:59 PM

Date: 5/10/2006 2:06:00 PM
But ya could never get on my 'bad side' F&I ...
9.gif
what if she left you a post-it on a kiwi pie going 'but i thought that you were a lemon lover'?
I'm only human ... I'd have to order the torching of lemon fields from coast to coast, sneak Kiwi-flavoring into all new vats of Post-It glue, and add a "rolly-eye" face in my next reply to F&I. No biggie.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo, in case this hasn''t been brought up before...Elvis was a spaz dancer, dammit!
9.gif
Not trying to compare Taylor to Elvis, but Elvis was a little "spaztastic." Which I like. Taylor, of course, reminds me more of Elaine on Seinfeld''s spaz dancing, but still. There is a spaz in all of us, I think that''s why some of us kinda like the spaz dance, lol!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
but elvis was a CUTE HOT spaz dancer. well in his younger days. and he wasn''t THAT spaz.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee---here''s some spaz dance pie!
18.gif

Pie-LemonCoconut.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think for me some of it has to do with the style of music they sing. I love Elliot''s voice and style, same for Taylor, agree that some of the spaz dancing it too much, but still love him. I''ve never been into rock so although I think Chris has been great and appreciate his talent and think he''s HOT, I just don''t like many rock songs
40.gif
. I thought Kat was great and wished she would have gone the Norah Jones type road in her song selections because I love Norah Jones and thought maybe she could have connected somewhere. I still think she''ll be the one to go just because her performances were the weakest last night. As for who will be the final two, I really have no idea who to guess.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Re:Taylor -- I love him, I really really do --- but I don''t think he''s the best vocalist on the show. Still, it''s a package deal. He''s an awesome performer! He did do his "woo"s right from the beginning with the little head spaz (and I LOVED it) He''s just SO into his music I really don''t think he tried to control it
26.gif

Re: Kat I spent her whole performance distracted by her "belly" -- did you notice there was no belly button? Could it have been *pantyhose* holding her in a bit?? It was really odd.

I''d hate to see Chris leave tonight -- I''s love to see a Chris/Elliott finale! Taylor fans, don''t hate me, but he''ll do fine after AI is over without a title. Chris, too, for that matter. Elliott I think needs it.

Jen

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So our office pool thing had the following for tonite:

3 votes that Katherine was gone (and two comments on 'what was up with her stomach')
4 votes that Elliott was gone (office traitors!!)
1 vote that Taylor was gone (actually she said 'jay leno' not 'taylor' but i had her clarify)
1 vote that Chris was gone (this was my vote, I hated to cast it, esp since I voted for him to win at the end of the pool BUT if I voted for Kat then if she was gone I'd split $10 4 ways so I'd much rather see if Chris leaves that I at least get the whole $10...hee hee AND with dialidol saying he's gone tonite I figured I'd chance it)

The way our office plays is that each vote night there is $10 at stake and people split the win. Then at the end when it's final two, if one of your 'picks to win' is still there and you win, you split $60 with whoever else guessed the same win. At this point only a few people are in the 'picks to win' since some voted for Paris and Kellie etc and they are out of the competition.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:36:41 PM
The deal with TAYLOR and ELLIOTT for me is that they both so clearly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what they do. Their enthusiasm is infectious. Their humility is obvious. Their talent is rough-around-the-edges but ultimately triumphant. They BEAM and RADIATE musicality/spunk/respect for their own idols. And smile while they accept the worst criticism good-naturedly & with deference. They take chances and aren''t afraid to look foolish because what moves them isn''t the desire to appear ''cool'' - it''s to feel the music & the moment and to let us feel that through them. WHO CARES if some folks cringe and judge & throw pies. To abandon cool for quirky is what it takes to love TAYLOR or ELLIOTT.
I soooooooooooo totally agree, couldn''t have talked about why I love Taylor and Elliott better!!!

My fave finale would be Taylor vs. Eliott! I like Chris, but I dunno, he just doesn''t do it for me like T and E do!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:36:41 PM
The deal with TAYLOR and ELLIOTT for me is that they both so clearly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what they do. Their enthusiasm is infectious. Their humility is obvious. Their talent is rough-around-the-edges but ultimately triumphant. They BEAM and RADIATE musicality/spunk/respect for their own idols. And smile while they accept the worst criticism good-naturedly & with deference. They take chances and aren''t afraid to look foolish because what moves them isn''t the desire to appear ''cool'' - it''s to feel the music & the moment and to let us feel that through them. WHO CARES if some folks cringe and judge & throw pies. To abandon cool for quirky is what it takes to love TAYLOR or ELLIOTT.

Not so for CHRIS & KAT. Those two are lifeless, arrogant, soul-sucking WANNABES who happen to be blessed with nice pipes and ''pretty'' genes. They can''t even pander effectively & pretend to be less in love with themselves than they so clearly are. They believe their own hype. They believe their mommies. They look completely SHOCKED when anyone has a bad word to say about them. ''Who me?'' AI ain''t a beauty pagent, or a screaming contest or a ''cool-off''. Thank goodness.
Well-said Deco.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
watching....Idols touring Graceland. Is pricilla presley pregnant?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just tuned in!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if dialidol was right...he just split them into 2 groups: Taylor and Elliott, and Chris and Kat.

I''d be soooo stoked if Taylor and Elliott are indeed the top 2! WOOOOO!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
MrsSalvo, I noticed her belly too! Isn''t she too old to be preggers?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
HOOOOOOLY SH&T!!!!!

Yanno, I'm not really that surprised! Did you see how shocked he was????

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
spoiler

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I cannot believe it....I cannot believe it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH NO!!!!!!!!! WTF???
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results