shape
carat
color
clarity

Elmorton''s wedding - after a 2 year wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures, you both look so happy together.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, thanks StephensBride! They were totally ruined after the wedding - trashed. One of the caps on the heel was completely twisted around, they were grass stained, and I must have walked around barefoot and then slipped them back on, because there are black spots were my toes had been. I still have them though, sitting on top of some other wedding mementos in my cedar trunk, and they still make me smile. :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda! We were! And two years later, still are :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 11:20:33 PM
Author: Elmorton
Is it bad that this is one of my favorite wedding photos??
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, I love it too! (Of course....)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! You both look so happy!
5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your photos-you look so happy together. Thanks for sharing them.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Everything is so beautiful! You looked gorgeous and happy - I love your "wedding bells" and "something blue"
1.gif

Lovely! I might steal a few ideas
27.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful your wedding was!!! Thank you for sharing these AMAZING photos with us....two years of wedded bliss!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous El! I love the wedding bells!!!! And I love your dress, making me wonder if I can pull it off too!I love your BM dresses and your shoes! (Hello, fabulous picture!)

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I looooove these photos--you look absolutely RADIANT! I love how happy you and your hubby are--and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tea-length dress!! So pretty!

Thank you so much for sharing!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding! Thanks so much for sharing!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely loooove your wedding photos!!!! It''s true, you two do look radiantly happy, and it''s really good to hear you still are :)

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I love your short wedding dress. It looked so good on you. Congrats on your two year wedding anniversary.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely pictures, and I''m digging the shoe pic, Elmorton!!!!! Happy 2 year anniversary!!!!
3.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Those are great! Thanks for sharing!!! I loved your cake and you looked so pretty in your dress!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! So glad you posted these even though you had to wait two years!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks everyone for your sweet comments! Seeing all the photos again after 2 years is crazy - we got a bunch of proofs (I think 200-300?) so there are quite a few images that I''m familiar with, but when I see one that I don''t "remember" (because it''s not in our big album), it''s almost like getting to experience the wedding again. I love it.

If anyone has some media skills, I''d love some suggestions - I''m a mac user and I''d like to to take all the photos and make a slideshow to sync up with the audio recording of the ceremony (which I have in iTunes) and then burn a DVD. I''ve never messed with any of the other software on the mac, so I don''t know if this is really simple or not. Please let me know if you''ve done something similar! There''s 650 images, so I''m also a little worried about making files that are too huge to be burned to a DVD or something.

Freke - Why did I know you''d love the shoe photo?!?
2.gif

SarahLovesJS- Thanks!! We really were. I think our wedding day was like our marriage so far - there were definitely things that didn''t work or that we were stressed about, but we still found ourselves grinning and laughing through it all, because we felt so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by that much love.

Bee* - Thanks!!

Porridge - Aww, good! Steal away! Whenever I look at the photos here, I can''t believe how creative PSer brides are, and in regard to decorations, etc, DH and I really didn''t do all that much, but I''m glad some of my photos might help you get ideas.

Loriken- Thanks!! Two years went by REALLY fast!

iLove - OMG I am SO jealous of all the shorter dress options there seem to be now. I went shopping with one of my friends and there were 4 or 5 in the salon. There was NOTHING when I got married - there was one at DB that didn''t come in plus sizes and another Alfred Angelo that no one carried, so my dress was a full-length that we altered the heck out of. Go for it! I''m sure you can pull it off. I loved having a short dress. I''d done the ball gown thing with sorority formals, and the tea-length was just easy to wear, cool, and fun :)

Alli - Thanks!!! I''ve wanted a tea-length dress ever since seeing Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire when I was little.

Princess- thanks!!

Fiery - thank you!!

Katy- Aww, thanks!!

Rhbgirl - Thank you! We were really happy. It was a great day.

RLG - Thank you!!I swear, it feels like our first, haha.

Lauren - I''m glad everyone seems to like the shoe pic! When I first saw it, I was like "OMG!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!" and then I immediately realized that was probably not normal and that maybe I''m supposed to like the ones where, I dunno, I''m with my husband?!? Haha. Thanks for the anny wishes. :)

Lanie - Thanks! The cake was made by a local french pastry chef and then I sketched up the design, which they executed perfectly. I wanted my flowers to feel like they''d just been plucked out of the garden, and the cake to have a simple, easy feeling to it as well. It tasted amazing-- chocolate with strawberry filling on the bottom, white chocolate with raspberry filling (DH''s choice) in the middle, and then "my" layer was hazelnut cake with milk chocolate filling.

Monarch - Thanks!! The world of wedding trends moves so fast and I''m really glad no one seems to mind that this was 2 years ago.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Even though it was 2 years ago.... Congrats! Your pics look lovely!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are wonderful! Everything was beautiful...I love that blue you used!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO beautiful! I wanted to comment last night but I didn''t want to interrupt you while you were posting pictures!

I love the picture that you captioned "Married!" You two look so happy, it''s perfect. Everything was beautiful--the day, the colors, your shoes, and especially YOU. I''m so happy you shared your pictures, El!

sourstars

Rough_Rock
I love it all!! You look so beautiful!
36.gif

p.s. Signing the shoes is actually a Greek tradition too... I am supposed to have all of my oldest single cousins sign the shoe (or I sign their name for them) and after the ceremony one of the names will be gone. Apparently, that will be the next person who is married!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww, what a BEAUTIFUL couple, love your pics and totally cute shoes!!!! Happy 2 year anni
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeousness! You just look so so so happy! Like an advertisement for getting married.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins - Thanks!!

Diamondseeker - Thank you! I originally wanted Tiffany blue and then it felt too green. My SA at the bridal salon was an godsend in being very patient with me and also having a great eye for the color I described and then having the fabrics custom paired for the BM dresses with the result I liked :)

Haven - That series is my favorite too - I love how the light was shining as we walked back down the aisle. Thank you for the lovely compliments!!

Sourstars - Thanks!! Aw, neat that it''s a Greek tradition! I told my ''maids the part about the names rubbing off, so it was very cute to see who signed near the toes and who signed on the arch where there was no chance of the name disappearing (my married friends also signed the arch/heel). I just checked and it was a 2-way tie between a friend who is getting married this summer and a friend who is getting married next winter - so I think you can tell your cousins that it works!!!

Skippy - Aw thanks!!

Swimmer - Haha, thank you!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins - Thanks!!

Diamondseeker - Thank you! I originally wanted Tiffany blue and then it felt too green. My SA at the bridal salon was an godsend in being very patient with me and also having a great eye for the color I described and then having the fabrics custom paired for the BM dresses with the result I liked :)

Haven - That series is my favorite too - I love how the light was shining as we walked back down the aisle. Thank you for the lovely compliments!!

Sourstars - Thanks!! Aw, neat that it''s a Greek tradition! I told my ''maids the part about the names rubbing off, so it was very cute to see who signed near the toes and who signed on the arch where there was no chance of the name disappearing (my married friends also signed the arch/heel). I just checked and it was a 2-way tie between a friend who is getting married this summer and a friend who is getting married next winter - so I think you can tell your cousins that it works!!!

Skippy - Aw thanks!!

Swimmer - Haha, thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results