shape
carat
color
clarity

Ellen Pompeo hates her engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This story is pretty old, but I couldn't find previous mention of it...

Ellen Pompeo Hates Expensive Engagement Ring

I'll take it if she doesn't want it!
3.gif
Seriously though, what a shame about him blowing his life's savings on one ring. But it's supposed to be a 3.5ct Emerald, and he's a successful record producer... would $60,000ish for a successful record producer and his television star fiance really be that big of a stretch? Not to say they SHOULD necessarily spend that much... you know what I mean.

Anyway, here's a pic of her ring I stole from the Celeb rings thread...

Tacori%20engaged.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S. Does anyone think her spindly fingers wrapped around her cell phone look creepy? Girl needs a hamburger!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
It shouldn''t be too hard for her to replenish his savings account now should it?
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zombie hands! I''ll take her ring if she doesn''t want it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:05:26 PM
Author: Cleopatra
It shouldn''t be too hard for her to replenish his savings account now should it?
36.gif
Lord, I should hope not...TGuy and I are commoners and can do better than that in a "life".

Musey...spindly...great word. And yes, creepy...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
You know - now that I think of it - maybe that''s WHY he blew his life savings - hmmm? Thinking ahead little man! Maybe he''s not as dull as he comes across....lol

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:07:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal

36.gif

Lord, I should hope not...TGuy and I are commoners and can do better than that in a ''life''.

Musey...spindly...great word. And yes, creepy...
"Do the chickens have large talons?"

3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:02:56 PM
Author: musey
P.S. Does anyone think her spindly fingers wrapped around her cell phone look creepy? Girl needs a hamburger!
Definitely. Yikes that is scary.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:01:51 PM
Author:musey
This story is pretty old, but I couldn''t find previous mention of it...

Ellen Pompeo Hates Expensive Engagement Ring

I''ll take it if she doesn''t want it!
3.gif
Seriously though, what a shame about him blowing his life''s savings on one ring. But it''s supposed to be a 3.5ct Emerald, and he''s a successful record producer... would $60,000ish for a successful record producer and his television star fiance really be that big of a stretch? Not to say they SHOULD necessarily spend that much... you know what I mean.
Okay, what is she smoking? If she''s upset that he spent his life savings on it and sometimes ''wants to return it and give the $ to charity''....how about returning it and putting the money back into his ''life savings'' if that''s what she''s upset about? I mean, DUH. I get her sentiment but she said some odd things in that article.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s what it says to me ...

a) she knows (or senses) he''s a golddigger
b) he "invested" his life savings in the hopes of a bigger payoff: life of leisure
c) she hates that he''s so status-conscious (the mags are gonna report the size -- he cares, not her)
d) she thinks he''s irresponsible
e) she''s fine with advertising his irresponsibility/gold digging tactics
f) she has very little self esteem to continue this relationship given all she knows
g) i bet its more than the ring she WISHES she had the strength to "toss in the gutter"

Did I mention he has a criminal record --AND-- is rumored to be a total fraud (what records has he "produced" hmmmm??)

14.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 6:07:52 PM
Author: decodelighted

Did I mention he has a criminal record --AND-- is rumored to be a total fraud (what records has he ''produced'' hmmmm??)

14.gif
Ohh what a shame
15.gif
Poor girl needs to find a better guy. And, you know, maybe one that will make her EAT.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Ellen is way too skinny. That is sad if he blew his life savings on her ering. But I agree, it shouldn't be too hard for him to replenish his savings account, if he choose to spend that much.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
I totally get where she's coming from, and I'm surprised others don't. It's clearly a lopsided relationship in terms of earning power. It looks to me like she doesn't mind, and respects that he has less money than she does. Then he blows his savings on a big ring solely to try to live up to her perceived standard, or the standard of the world she lives in. Meanwhile she would have loved a more affordable ring because it would show that he was being true to himself and their relationship. She sees now that the ring is foreshadowing what's down the road in their relationship.

Imagine if you were poor and dating a super wealthy guy. He takes you out for expensive meals, and to reciprocate you make him a great home-cooked dinner as best you can afford with inexpensive but charming touches. He respects you for that. Now picture instead that you blow a huge chunk of your savings to buy him dinner at the most expensive restaurant in town. He's not impressed, because he knows you're trying to impress him rather than being true to yourself. And if he's the type to notice and not be impressed, then he's actually a very worthwhile individual, IMHO, as Ellen appears to be from where I'm standing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 7:21:34 PM
Author: chiefneil
I totally get where she's coming from, and I'm surprised others don't. It's clearly a lopsided relationship in terms of earning power. It looks to me like she doesn't mind, and respects that he has less money than she does. Then he blows his savings on a big ring solely to try to live up to her perceived standard, or the standard of the world she lives in. Meanwhile she would have loved a more affordable ring because it would show that he was being true to himself and their relationship. She sees now that the ring is foreshadowing what's down the road in their relationship.

Imagine if you were poor and dating a super wealthy guy. He takes you out for expensive meals, and to reciprocate you make him a great home-cooked dinner as best you can afford with inexpensive but charming touches. He respects you for that. Now picture instead that you blow a huge chunk of your savings to buy him dinner at the most expensive restaurant in town. He's not impressed, because he knows you're trying to impress him rather than being true to yourself. And if he's the type to notice and not be impressed, then he's actually a very worthwhile individual, IMHO, as Ellen appears to be from where I'm standing.
I totally see your side Chiefneil and agree w/it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, these last few posts kinda make more sense. I thought that he was already sorta well-off, but I guess not. Very interesting.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 7:29:13 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Okay, these last few posts kinda make more sense. I thought that he was already sorta well-off, but I guess not. Very interesting.
Me, too.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally get where she''s coming from, and I''m surprised others don''t. It''s clearly a lopsided relationship in terms of earning power. It looks to me like she doesn''t mind, and respects that he has less money than she does. Then he blows his savings on a big ring solely to try to live up to her perceived standard, or the standard of the world she lives in. Meanwhile she would have loved a more affordable ring because it would show that he was being true to himself and their relationship. She sees now that the ring is foreshadowing what''s down the road in their relationship.
YES!!!

And I''d take it one step further. By "blowing" his whole life savings ... it shows he doesn''t think he''ll NEED it. That SHE''ll be paying for everything.

A modest ring & holding onto his savings says "I will not be dependent on you" ... "We are partners" ... "I could help out in an emergency ... no matter how much richer you are than me".

I bet it SICKENS her because it shows where his priorities are: SHOW SHOW SHOW

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 7:31:18 PM

Date: 9/27/2007 7:29:13 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Me, too.
Me three.

I totally agree with what chiefneil and deco said.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
If he gave it to her on her 37th bday I presume he is somewhere near her age range. So, I would be unhappy if his whole "life savings" amounted to 60K. Come on, he is supposed to be "successful"?

I do not know why she takes this out on the ring itself though. I was thinking maybe she thought he got ripped off buying it in "Beverly Hills". But why want to throw the ring into the sewer? If that was the issue, she could have told him, ok I''ll marry you, but this is not the ring for me, so hope you don''t mind if we return it! Certainly I would rather have that if I were him, rather than publicly having my fiance say she wants to throw my gift into the sewer! Plus now he looks pathetic cause she disclosed that this was his whole "life saings". Very embarrassing all the way for him!!

But I think it''s a nice ring. And, yah, her hands are Halloween material!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 8:31:50 PM
Author: Beacon
If he gave it to her on her 37th bday I presume he is somewhere near her age range. So, I would be unhappy if his whole ''life savings'' amounted to 60K. Come on, he is supposed to be ''successful''?

I do not know why she takes this out on the ring itself though. I was thinking maybe she thought he got ripped off buying it in ''Beverly Hills''. But why want to throw the ring into the sewer? If that was the issue, she could have told him, ok I''ll marry you, but this is not the ring for me, so hope you don''t mind if we return it! Certainly I would rather have that if I were him, rather than publicly having my fiance say she wants to throw my gift into the sewer! Plus now he looks pathetic cause she disclosed that this was his whole ''life saings''. Very embarrassing all the way for him!!

But I think it''s a nice ring. And, yah, her hands are Halloween material!
I agree with this. If she thought the ring was too extravagant, I''m sure they could have returned it and bought something more modest. I apologise to all Ellen Pompeo fans out there, but she just seems like a whiny little brat to me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched some emmy pre-show the other night and the host asked Ellen why she wasn't her engagement ring. Ellen said it didn't match the rest of her jewelery. It makes more sense now that she wasn't wearing it b/c she doesn't like it. Who doesn't wear their e-ring b/c it doesn't match...it's your e-ring for goodness sake...

oh and 60K for a 3.5 emerald in a tacori setting is waaaaay over priced (if it really is a Tacori and not neil lane or something) . they should have found PS and we could have gotten them the same ring for approx. 40K
41.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recall her being asked why she did not have on her ring, she said it did not "match" and that her guy was totally okay with it, which is why he is her guy. I am betting they may not even make it to the altar. Something is up with her, big time, as I just read another quote of her''s in US magazine basically saying she hates all these big huge outlandish celebritity weddings and does not think one needs to do this, it has been done. Now, even I agree with her, or support her right to her views, bottom line, to each his own. I do think these millions of dollar bashes are obnoxious, but hey, it is not MY money or my choice, and no one asked me. Hopefully these stars are generous to charity too. But, my feeling is, why is she making this noise now? She has yet to set a date. To me, A, Chris would, you might think, have known that she did not want a big ring, but hey, she is a star and size etc is big new when engagements occur in Hollywood. Part of the price in mho, we all want to know details. B, if she really felt that way and he got it anyway, she could have told him to save his money and they could have reselected something else more reasonable. But she has been wearing it for months and months. C, do not have a big bash if you do not wish to. They have been together for over 5 years. If it is not about the splash, go off somewhere and just get married, and come back and have a party celebrating your marriage. Do what works for you. I think she is being a tad defensive.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I have never cared for EP. I think it stems from when I saw her on one of those reality/embarrassment t.v. shows and she was a complete b*tch to the waitress, which in my book automatically makes you a poor excuse for a human being. So I really don''t care whether or not she likes her e-ring!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 10:18:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo

oh and 60K for a 3.5 emerald in a tacori setting is waaaaay over priced (if it really is a Tacori and not neil lane or something) . they should have found PS and we could have gotten them the same ring for approx. 40K
41.gif
I've never seen $60,000 quoted anywhere, it was just my high-ball estimate assuming he went for stellar specs, not to mention that he DIDN'T purchase online (my guess would be BB&B). The PScope search gave me $62k for a 3.5 E VS1 emerald
9.gif

...At least, I'm HOPING that he overpaid, if at least it means his "life savings" amounted to a larger sum...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 1:32:00 AM
Date: 9/27/2007 10:18:40 PM

Author: mrssalvo

41.gif

I''ve never seen $60,000 quoted anywhere, it was just my high-ball estimate assuming he went for stellar specs, not to mention that he DIDN''T purchase online (my guess would be BB&B). The PScope search gave me $62k for a 3.5 E VS1 emerald
9.gif

...At least, I''m HOPING that he overpaid, if at least it means his ''life savings'' amounted to a larger sum...

ahhh...well i searched the g/h so if he did pay 60K for a higher color/clarity then maybe it did alright. still seems strange to blow your life savings though
23.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
ooh it looks like my ring....only much BIGGER. Hey if she doesn''t like it I''ll gladly take it!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ha Ms. Salvo! I thought the same thing.

I think this thread should be entitled I HATE ELLEN POMPEO LOL. Really I do! I saw her on an old Punked and she was such a beaaatch!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I totally get where she''s coming from, and I''m surprised others don''t. It''s clearly a lopsided relationship in terms of earning power. It looks to me like she doesn''t mind, and respects that he has less money than she does. Then he blows his savings on a big ring solely to try to live up to her perceived standard, or the standard of the world she lives in. Meanwhile she would have loved a more affordable ring because it would show that he was being true to himself and their relationship. She sees now that the ring is foreshadowing what''s down the road in their relationship.

Imagine if you were poor and dating a super wealthy guy. He takes you out for expensive meals, and to reciprocate you make him a great home-cooked dinner as best you can afford with inexpensive but charming touches. He respects you for that. Now picture instead that you blow a huge chunk of your savings to buy him dinner at the most expensive restaurant in town. He''s not impressed, because he knows you''re trying to impress him rather than being true to yourself. And if he''s the type to notice and not be impressed, then he''s actually a very worthwhile individual, IMHO, as Ellen appears to be from where I''m standing.
Yes, except if she REALLY believes what she''s saying then she should insist that he take it back and they get a much more demure ering. But she hasn''t done that so I think she''s full of poo.

And no, I don''t like her as an actress either. Totally whiny on screen, and apparently totally whiny off screen. People who act like they''re indignant about something like this but do nothing? Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results