shape
carat
color
clarity

Electric Fireplaces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
After weighing some options, DH and I are thinking that we should get an electric fireplace insert to replace our non-functioning gas unit in our living room. I was just wondering if anyone has ever converted an existing fireplace to electric, and if you have, what info you can give me - what are brands to look for, things to watch out for, were you able to do the work yourself, etc. Are you happy with the unit?

I''ve been searching for info for half the night, and I''m finding very, very little by way of consumer reviews/feedback for electric inserts/using an existing mantel - so I''m really hoping a few PSers might have some experience with this! TIA!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm can''t give much help but have you checked out Lowes and Homedepot on their DIY info? surely they have some ideas, but have you seen those mobile fireplace..... thats not attached to walls? wonder if anyone has one of those and how they liked them... seems like a neat idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results