shape
carat
color
clarity

Egyptian Mau?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This little kitty adopted us a few weeks ago, and everyone I show her picture to says, "OMG is she an egyptian mau?" Well...I have no idea lol. She certainly looks like the pictures of mau''s I found online, but I was hoping someone here actually owned one and could give me an opinion.

She''s really funny. She walks real straight and picks her feet up real high like she''s walking in deep snow. When her eyes are closed, they are so steeply slanted she looks like an alien. And we call her Magoo because she''s just about as blind as a bat - she walks off the couch, falls off stuff, and when playing, she will miss whatever she is swiping at three or four times before she connects. She''s very healthy, though, considering she was awfully skinny when I found her under our porch.

I can take more pictures if you need to be able to see her better.

2686988892_a966b8e46c.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
She sleeps silly.

2707223343_54581ed42f.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know what kind of cat that is, but it''s so cute!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG SO CUTE
30.gif
What a sweetie pie, and so good of you to take her in - such horrible things can happen to them outside, she is lucky to have found you.

I can''t say for sure on the Egyptian Mau thing, although she could possibly be a mix. Might be able to tell more with additional pictures, though I''m definitely not an expert.

She is a cutie though.

Has she been to the vet yet? She looks about the right size for her shots and getting spayed
1.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, what a beautiful kitty! Her cute little spots make her look like a baby leopard or something.
30.gif
I don''t know anything about cat breeds, but she is just so darling that I had to comment!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what she is but I know she is a million types of cute

I just want to squish her
30.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, look at that little nose!

She is SO CUTE!!!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Hey MonkeyPie,

I can probably help you out if you have better pics. I considered an E.Mau then decided upon 2 Ocicats instead, so I''m pretty familiar with the looks of both breeds. She may be some sort of mix... Ocicats are a mix of Abyssinian, Siamese, and American Shorthair that, due to some genetic thing that I won''t get into LOL, caused spots to show up. They tend to have awesome personalities and are very vocal (due to the Siamese ancestry). Regardless of her breed(s), she is adorable! Attached is a pic of one of my kitties.

QueenG

Shiny_Rock

oci1.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Your kitty looks just like mine Lioness! I''ll try to snag another pic of her when she''s awake - she''s a sleepy baby, sleeps all the time heh. I''ll be sure to post one tomorrow.

And she has been to the vet :) He said she sure looked like an Egyptian Mau but with kitties it''s pretty hard to tell if she was crossed with anything else. He did mention her ears didn''t have the tufts most Mau''s have, so I guess she might be a cross. Oh well! She''s a cutie.

She''s also overcrowding the litter box since we now have THREE foster kitties lol.
20.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG. what a snuggle bumpkin! I had a kitty just like yours! He looked very much like an Egyptian Mau.
36.gif
Good for you for giving a kitty a good home!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Wow her markings are so beautiful-and she is so cute all curled up all snug like that. I am so glad that she found her way to you.
36.gif

Mrs.2Artists

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s adorable!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
She is so cute! I love how she sleeps.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know much about cat breeds, but she sure is cute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results