shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL Israel: Always a bummer???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Defender

Shiny_Rock
OK, I know that the old addage: you get what you pay for may be true, but I am curious about if there are many success stories with EGL Israel stones. These rocks constantly pop up in my online searches, but I am very skeptical of them after all that I have read on Price Scope.

Should I just assume that only sub-par stones are graded by overseas EGL labs? Or, are there some good specimens among them?

OOPS, I know that I mis-spelled Israel in the title of the thread, but the bulletin board software will apparently not let me correct it...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Let me put it this way: I don''t care what grading company did the report as long as I have a trusted appraiser confirm the grades. And if the stone came in lower than was advertised on the grading report, I would make sure I paid the lower price (that is, if I still found it satisfactory).

If you are buying online, sight unseen, I would not start looking at EGL Israel stones because there are just so many cruddy ones that it is not worth the effort IMO. Unless of course WF or GOG, etc. had the stone in house and could provide me with all the numbers and pics.

Hope that helps a bit!

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
My egl Europe H vs1 is really an I Vs1. The price of the stone was 3700, so It is still a good deal in my mind for
an I Vs1 that has excellent cut. I bought mine through a trusted vendor and had the option to return if I didnt like it though.
I would have not taken the chance other wise.

Jensia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results