shape
carat
color
clarity

EGl europe nervousness

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone. I am new here. I have been searching for a carat diamond for a long time and finaly found one I like at union diamond. They are having my band made as I type.

It is a H VS1 1.01 round. What makes me nervouse is the EGL Europe. Looking at the copy of the report, it shows in the comments that is shows 8 hearts and 8 arrows. The diagram has only three tinest pinprick spots off the side. The cert is bran new though. I dont know if that makes a difference. The lady Im working with there has been wonderful and assures me this stone is great. They also have a return policy which makes me feel a lot better.

I guess what I am worried about is that stone being less that H, and the flouresence making it look H. I just sold my I/J stone because I hated the color and clarity. (si3)

I ran the numbers on that tool think it was 2.3. Is that pretty good? Another question, the stone is 1.01 but the specs for it
are as follows 6.34-6.28x 3.96

Does this mean the stone is too deep? Or not really a 1.01? Help! Thanks

Here are the specs: Depth 62.8
table 58
CH 15
PD 43
Medium to slightly thick
Very good/ very good (sym,polish)
Faint flouresence.

Jensia

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you are worried about the color, you should probably make the sale contigent on appraisal or at least see the stone for yourself to be assured of the color before you purchase. the ''negligable'' fluorescence will have no impact on the color of the stone.
62.8% is a bit deep and wouldn''t be my choice, but you may like the diamond very much. it sounds like you really need to see it before buying. best of luck!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you mind that your 1-Ct-diamond has the diameter of a 0.90 Ct?

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I dont mind if it looks real good. Its going to look bigger already than the 1.13 princess, as the diamater was 5.95 x 5. something, cant remember. I can go with a larger diamater , but then I have to sacrafice the clarity, and I cant do that since I am having it tension set. I also would like a bit deeper stone just because it is tension set, and I love that look of the depth of a diamond on one of those. As long as its not so deep that it loos like a nail, or effects the light much. Is the depth on here really that deep?
I am not an expert and cant really visualize what those numbers would look like, but it does not seem that far off compared to some ideals I have seen listed. Any ideas? I guess my question is the EGL europe thing. Are they ever off in the weight of the diamond? They know I prefer a GIA but I told her that as long as the EGL is accurate in its grading, I do mind the EGL.
She assures me this one is. I have gone to my jeweler here and compared some egls and gias of the same color next to each other. They were the same, except for one that looked a color grade off. My jewler here says they will match any price,
but that state tax here will kill us,lol Plus she has not shown me a vs1 at the same price though she did get the cutter to drop them some. I guess the cash back gaurentee is what gives me peace of mind with it being online as it sounds like this diamond
does have a lot of fire, and what I said about the clarity and my tension set worries me to much to go with an SI rating.

Jensia

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jensia
try to look for a 1 ct that''s closer to 6.5mm in diameter.
2.gif
the above stone has too much FAT. it''s like buying a N.Y. steak with too much fat that''s not trim off,you''re paying X dollar per lb,in this case X dollar per carat.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results