shape
carat
color
clarity

EGADS!! -- TIFFANY thread resurrected

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
What would PS be w/o a Tiffany thread. I''ll gladly accept a stoning
emembarrassed.gif

My brother just bought a Mercedes even though it started making a "ping" sound right away.

He says he doesn''t care.

I guess I can apply all this new PS knowledge when the upgrade comes.

Let the stoning commence!

31.gif
Lisa

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
ummmmm....

I dont get your post at all....

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2008 3:54:08 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
ummmmm....

I dont get your post at all....
Phew...I thought that I was missing something!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone purchase from Tiffany lately and simply adore or regret it? Especially after being on PS for any length of time.

Sorry if the Mercedes analogy was vague.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''ll take a stab....

I think Lisa is comparing a Mercedes to a Tiffany diamond. (top of the line)
Her brother is already having problems with his car but doesn''t care because
it''s a Mercedes.

So I guess her Tiffany upgrade will come with its own "ping sound" and she
won''t care either.

Uh huh------
41.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 4:23:10 PM
Author: sevens one
I''ll take a stab....

it''s a Mercedes.

So I guess her Tiffany upgrade will come with its own ''ping sound'' and she
won''t care either.

Uh huh------
41.gif

Actually, I was hoping to do better the second time around.

Ouch, guess PS is the right place to get stoned.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lisa,

are you regretting it? all of the tiffany owners we have here seem to love their rings. yes, they know they could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, but to most of them, there is something special about the magical bluebox and the customer service they receive by going into the store. PS isn''t anti-tiffany''s, folks here just don''t want people thinking Tiffany is the only place that sells the best stones, that you can get equal or better stones other places.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 4:26:17 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

I''ll take a stab....

it''s a Mercedes.

won''t care either.

Uh huh------
41.gif

Lisa, you were the one that put that "ping sound" nonsense out there about your
brother''s car. What''s a gal to think?

What''s so bad about your current solitaire?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

I''ll take a stab....

it''s a Mercedes.

won''t care either.

Uh huh------
41.gif

No one is stoning you...I think we really just don''t understand what you''re asking!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 4:31:04 PM
Author: neatfreak

I''ll take a stab....

it''s a Mercedes.

won''t care either.

Uh huh------
41.gif

No one is stoning you...I think we really just don''t understand what you''re asking!
I didn''t get your post either, was confused as to what you were asking, so ditto
33.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this in Rocky Talk and didn''t comment there because I didn''t know what to say, glad I''m not losing it....
19.gif

Sorry if you are unhappy with your ring...maybe some elaboration is in order?
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait did you want to be stoned? i''m confused. if so *tosses stone* there ya go!
3.gif
just trying to help!!

if not...then what was the point of the thread? to just say that you plan to upgrade at some point at tiff''s? if so, awesome! we would love to see pictures. otherwise, i feel like i''m missing something.

while i wish it was friday, i didn''t know we used to have tiffany tuesdays.
9.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, let''s start over here. We are all very confused. What''s up???
33.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 4:21:30 PM
Anyone purchase from Tiffany lately and simply adore or regret it? Especially after being on PS for any length of time.

Sorry if the Mercedes analogy was vague.
Hiya Lisa!
35.gif

I haven''t purchased from Tiffany at all
7.gif
however, there is a bangle that I am eyeing up and I think that if I actually went through with it that I would simply adore it despite the fact that my wallet would not.

Have you purchased something lately? If so, are you adoring it or regretting it?
If not ... are you eyeing up something as well and considering getting it at Tiffany for the premium price or getting a replica?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Anyone purchase from Tiffany lately and simply adore or regret it? Especially after being on PS for any length of time."

____

OK now I get it! I eyeball Tiff stuff sometimes but I would never buy there unless I absolutely could NEVER find it anywhere else and absolutely REALLY wanted it. Since that's never going to be a plain stone or similar, it would only be a setting or a designer piece or something.

But for basics...no way. My friend wanted a sapphire and diamond eternity ring to celebrate her baby boy's birth. She priced it at Tiff for $7k. She got the same thing made by an online jeweler for $3k and got BIGGER diamonds and sapphires. And better cut quality too.

But seriously I just have the biggest issue paying such a friggin isano markup. There is this ring that I love to look at but I *know* it costs like LESS than 1/3 to make it. Sure I believe in design work being worth something, but that much over and over for every piece? I just personally don't want to pay it.

Quite frankly, to me this is a moot point. This Tiff thing has been asked SO many times before. You can just search archives and find the same answers people on here will give in this thread too. People feel the way they do for a reason, most likely feel strongly about it, and typically that doesn't change just because a thread wasn't posted uber-recently.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of my dear little friends came from T & Co. I don''t regret buying anything from there.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, just went back and Lisa''s ring is from Tiffany''s and apparently doesn''t meet the PS 2% specs most pricescoper''s seek out. so it that the deal Lisa? you''re second guessing b/c your tiffany ring doesn''t fall into PSland ideal?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2008 4:56:46 PM
Author: Mara
wait did you want to be stoned? i''m confused. if so *tosses stone* there ya go!
3.gif
just trying to help!!

if not...then what was the point of the thread? to just say that you plan to upgrade at some point at tiff''s? if so, awesome! we would love to see pictures. otherwise, i feel like i''m missing something.

while i wish it was friday, i didn''t know we used to have tiffany tuesdays.
9.gif
HI:

heehhehheeeeeeeee sacrilegious really......
2.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 5:51:10 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ok, just went back and Lisa''s ring is from Tiffany''s and apparently doesn''t meet the PS 2% specs most pricescoper''s seek out. so it that the deal Lisa? you''re second guessing b/c your tiffany ring doesn''t fall into PSland ideal?

No. I''m over this, really.

Didn''t mean to confuse or offend anyone here thought I''d just see what folks had to say.

I guess I should have waited for Friday
7.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 6:12:55 PM

Didn''t mean to confuse or offend anyone here thought I''d just see what folks had to say.

7.gif

Ok I''m still not 100% sure what the point of this thread is but I''ll bite anyway. I have a tiffany ring and I adore it. Really and truly it is my dream ring and although I see a lot of beautiful rings on PS, to me, there is no ring like my baby.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

7.gif
Lisa - I think people are unsure of what you are asking or what you want to hear. Perhaps if you elaborated more people could chime in on your question/problem/thread. Is there a question you have about your ring or a problem with it?
Please ask away..no stones!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t throw stones. Okay, well a few of us have lobbed a few in our time here... but Tiffany doesn''t provoke it.

I don''t have anything from Tiffany. I''ve been in the store, and a few of their more unique colored rings and earrings have caught my eye, but I ask the price and I about have a heart attack. On the other hand, there was a ruby ring at Cartier, that if I had the money for (300K) I would have bought in a heart beat.

My point is, if it''s something really unique and a statement peice, yes, I would buy from Tiffany or Cartier if I could afford to. But if it''s something I could get someplace else, no I''m not that into the name to pay the mark up.

But everyone is different.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

7.gif
35.gif
hi lisa! don''t worry about it. welcome to ps.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Its Friday in 2 1/2 hours Lisa (here in the West Coast!), so c''mon and dont keep us waiting
3.gif

We''re all eager to hear what ya got up your sleeve!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 12:27:49 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Its Friday in 2 1/2 hours Lisa (here in the West Coast!), so c''mon and dont keep us waiting
3.gif
Ha Ha sorry to burst your bubble (and mine really) but in 2.5 hours it will be Thursday...not Friday. GAH! Darn 5 day weeks!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ha-ha! Mara, I actually rushed logging on to find this thread to correct myself
10.gif
!

Sometimes, you just wanna skip Thursday altogether, doncha?
9.gif
9.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 12:27:49 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
3.gif

We''re all eager to hear what ya got up your sleeve!

OK -- So I made a complete mess of this darn Tiffany post and I''ll admit my confusion (and yours) is warranted because I am still attempting to wrap my little ole'' head around all the details (HCA, Sarin, ASET, AGS-000, Tokolwsky, H&A, Better H&A on WF, idealscope, helium, and on it goes.....)

The truth: I am regretting that I didn''t come more armed when we purchased THE RING although it is beautiful and it appears to fall within AGS Ideal and Gia Excellent grades for cut/polish/symmetry. And I hope to do better at utilizing all of PS''s OCD to my advantage in the future. I just don''t like feeling that I got caught with my pants sorta down
7.gif

So -- Shay (you were right from the start to try & not turn into a complete "cut nut" but unfortunately the transformation has begun).

I guess I''m unplugged from the Matrix - DARN!

Here are the specs for those who haven''t seen the pics./post:

F/VS1/1.01ct.

TTL Depth: 61.9%
Table: 57%
Crwn Ht: 15.4%
Crown Angle: 35.2
Star Lgth: 55%
Pav. Depth: 43.3%
Pav. Angle: 40.9
LH Length: 75%
Girdle: Md-Slthk

6.43-6.46x3.99mm

A few beefs I have w/ Tiffany is that they didn''t plot the inclusions on the cert. and didn''t provide much of an answer as to why GIA cert. was no longer being included.

So I guess I''d better read
emotion-15.gif
up and get armed when trade up time comes.

Lisa
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Aw Lisa! You have a beautiful Tiffany ring! Enjoy that beauty! I saw your thread, and I think your ring is lovely. I love your set.
Really, it''s just lovely, and a lot of people would love to be in your shoes.
ENJOY!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lisa your ring is beautiful :)

I really love Tiffany''s diamonds (I have tried on loads myself ) they all have loads of rainbows and sparkle and the settings are elegant :), if someone gave me one I would be more over the moon.

Enjoy your sparklie of your new bobble lose yourself in the sparkles and let the rainbows mesmerize you :).

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 2:21:46 AM
Author: coatimundi
Aw Lisa! You have a beautiful Tiffany ring! Enjoy that beauty! I saw your thread, and I think your ring is lovely. I love your set.
Really, it''s just lovely, and a lot of people would love to be in your shoes.
ENJOY!

It''s crazy! I''m getting so diamond-obsessed these days I think I need to go back to analysis.

There is like this wierd challenge thing going on here. Sorry if I sound like a whiney, snively, unappreciative person.

I love the set too!!! But its not about that. I think I should go the gem school and move on with my life
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results