shape
carat
color
clarity

Eek...review tomorrow! Words of wisdom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my performance review tomorrow and I''m nervous! Anyone have any words of wisdom for me?!! And/or some PS fairy dust?!!

And just for a little background, I work at an independent clothing boutique as the buyer. I pick out the clothes and manage the reordering, markdowns, etc. of most of the different categories, like denim, shoes, etc. It''s not really a super structured corporate type place...I don''t know if that''s helpful or not! Eeek!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending buckets of PS dust! Thing2of2, I am sure you will do fab; you have a wonderful online personality. I am not sure what your reviews are like but focus on your accomplishments and stay positive and if they have criticism be open to improvement. I am sure you have no worries and you will do awesome!!!
35.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Get sloshed
face21.gif
Show up late
emclock.gif
Wear smelly sweats
face20.gif

...to remind them what they could have if they hadn''t found you!

No, not really. You walk in there with a winning attitude. Positive like your own that review. Confident that they know what a prized employee they have in you! Keep your minds eye on the results you want...take it before it is offered!

And take this pocket full of dust *********** in there with you...for good measure! Go get em! §

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 10:59:24 PM
Author:thing2of2
I have my performance review tomorrow and I'm nervous! Anyone have any words of wisdom for me?!! And/or some PS fairy dust?!!

And just for a little background, I work at an independent clothing boutique as the buyer. I pick out the clothes and manage the reordering, markdowns, etc. of most of the different categories, like denim, shoes, etc. It's not really a super structured corporate type place...I don't know if that's helpful or not! Eeek!

Thing2of2 -- Don't worry about it ... what's done is done, right? You can't change how you have already performed, you can, however, listen to any feedback and apply it towards any areas requiring improvement for future.

If you adorn your store, as you do your kitty - as pictured in your avatar, I'm sure you'll be just fine!

25.gif
9.gif

If you have maintained a list of your accomplishments be sure to bring that along with you so that you can touch on any points that you perceive as being missed, possibly. Just a thought as I always like to have my ducks in a row when my performance is appraised since it is so easy to forget about all the good things we have done in the year and tend to focus on or get wrapped up on the less than stellar things.

Good luck!
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy, DKS and Sparks! I will definitely take your PS fairy dust with me and heed your advice. Especially the part about going in my sweats!
3.gif

I have made a list of my accomplishments and I''m taking that with me, as well as a little percentage chart so I''ll know exactly what percentage raise I am offered to begin with so I can negotiate from there. I''m going to walk in with a positive and confident attitude, wear my tallest shoes to be intimidating, and stay focused on what I want!

...did that sound convincing?
23.gif
But seriously, I just need to calm it down...I''ve never had a poor performance review and I don''t intend to start now!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
dont eat beans for a midnight snack.

Best of luck and a huge raise!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
strm....you kill me sometimes!!

Just go in there and lay out your accomplishments and what you would like to see for the future. You want to make sure you sell yourself and let them know that they could never exist without you...LOL

Thats shouldn''t be hard!!

****Fairy Dust***********

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I would type out a list of things to go over in your review. The review isn''t just about YOU. Its your opportunity to make suggestions regarding the growth of the company and present your ideas. Brainstorm...what are some ways that you can increase the profit by 5% next year? Come up with some action plans. Then ask for a raise and an increase in commission and any other additional perks like getting to fill up your car with gas on the company car (if you use your car for work) or free cell phone or whatever.

Good luck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm, Alexis and Designchica! It actually went very well and I am extremely happy with my raise!
22.gif
I''ll still probably freak out before my next review, though!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad to hear it went well! A job as a buyer sounds cool!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust your way!!! And one word of advice: The die is already cast, and what will be, will be. So relax and stop stressing, it''s going to wonderfully, and your health (mental and physical) are too important to impact over a performance review.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Jumping in to say that you have such a cool job! I have a friend who is a buyer too. Your job seems so glamorous, picking and choosing what people will wear and so forth.
4.gif

You'll do fine at your performance review. You're quite well-spoken and funny. Sit up straight, try to take your supervisor's critical comments as graciously as possible, and don't argue, even when you're quite certain you're correct!
2.gif

ETA OH you already did it! Well congratulations, we knew you'd do well. :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks bee, Gypsy and Julianna! I am very lucky to have such a fun job! It''s a little less glamorous than it seems, but I really do love it. And I have to admit, I LOVE seeing people walking around wearing things that I know are from my store that I picked out!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 6:35:30 PM
Author: thing2of2
It actually went very well and I am extremely happy with my raise!
22.gif
I''ll still probably freak out before my next review, though!
Fantastic! I came to check in to ask how it went and you beat me too it!
Congratulations on your positive review and on your raise!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in Sparks-sorry I missed this yesterday!
5.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear things went so well with your review, thing2of2!!!! Congrats!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results