shape
carat
color
clarity

Eddie Izzard Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we have a few on Pricescope?

I can probably recite Glorious and Dress to Kill verbatim.
20.gif
Love the guy. And going to see him live for the first time!!! Woo hoo.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I am green with envy!!!!

When''s the show?

Do you have a flag?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
OMG ENJOY!!!

We went to this tour and his last when he was in our city...it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

I love love love him. We named our dog Izzie after him...his AKC name is Serandida's Three Rivers Leaping Izzard. His last tour was the SEXIE tour, and he did two shows in our city...and we went to both. Believe it or not, they were both different and awesome.

The topic of his show this time is religion. Let me tell you, it was HYSTERICAL!!!!!! We took a couple friends that hadn't seen him before...and they were laughing so hard they were crying.

Enjoy!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''ll be a great show! Report back how it was please.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I love Eddie Izzard! Definitely let us know how the show goes. I am so jealous!

I am also wondering whether he will perform in drag for it. My favourite prof [you can tell we have a lot in common
2.gif
] saw him in Boston last Spring, and he wasn''t dressed up for it. She said she thinks he doesn''t anymore. Too bad, he is such a cutie in it!
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
No drag?!?! Sad...

Yay TGal that will be an awesome show!!! Funny funny guy, he is.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We saw him a few months ago...and he wasn't in drag! I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed.

I read an interview with him and he basically said that he wasn't going to do this show in drag because he didn't want it to become a shtick. He said that he's a transvestite, but it doesn't totally define him as a person...or something along those lines.

Regardless, I was a *bit* disappointed when he came out dressed like a man!

I'm guessing he'll be back in drag for the next show!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I respect his decision to stop it for that reason, and feel badly that he [from what it seems like] started to feel like he was being defined by something he wasn''t comfortable with. I know that feeling...

It is disappointing, though, since his long-time and biggest fans really loved the drag, and no one I know thought of him solely as a transvestite [thankfully!] I will totally still go see him, though, because I am what they call a "humorless feminist" and he still cracks me up. That, my friends, is true comedy.
2.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I'm right there with you...I loved him in drag...his executive transvestite bit was absolutely hysterical...as is pretty much every thing else he's ever done. I am happy to report he was JUST as funny in jeans as he was in a leather skirt and stilettos.

But I do understand why he has chosen not to do so...in addition to not wanting to be defined only as a transvestite, He's gained some mainstream popularity lately...with the Riches, and his movie roles. Perhaps he was a bit wary of alienating or freaking out some of his new mainstream fans. That is nothing but a guess...but something I thought may have influenced his decision.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that his more mainstream appeal might have influenced it. I think though, instead of him worrying he will alienate people or make them uncomfortable, he worries that they will think of him as some sort of circus act- the token transvestite or something. He seems pretty comfortable with himself, but that was primarily with an audience that wouldn''t corner him into that position.

I don''t want to derail the thread, but I absolutely LOVE The Riches. I watch episodes online because I am pretty sure I don''t get it on TV.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No flag, no country!
9.gif

I love the drag, but I like him in regular clothes too. I just love his witty mind. I''ll let you all know how the show is..we go this week! Yay!!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
I saw the show in May when he was in my area. He''s just as hilarious in "Bloke Mode." Enjoy!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh TG, I am SO jealous. He''s my absolute favorite (followed closely by Jim Gaffigan), and his routines are stellar. I stayed up very late one night to watch Dressed to Kill on BBC America a few years back.

LOVE the Slaptyback Humptybuns bit. That''s DH''s nickname.
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
He is hilarious!! The first time my friend wanted me to watch one of his dvd''s, I thought it was going to be stupid... But 10 minutes in I was laughing so hard I was crying and my cheeks and stomach hurt!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m so jealous!! Eddie Izzard is hilarious--have a great time!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan.
but more importantly, Selkie''s quote used to be "do you have a flag?"
Where is Selkie?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We actually got a copy of the DVDs from each of his shows.

Definite Article, Circle, Glorious, Unrepeatable and Dress to Kill...and a I think there may be one more or two that I can''t recall.

They sell them on Amazon...SO if you haven''t seen them all, you can!

They are all fabulous. I love the bit he does on one of them...not sure which...about Noah''s ark...and all the evil ducks.

quaaaaaack quaaaaaaack quaaaaaaack.

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
i loved him til i saw him live!!
i believe it was summer 2005 at the montreal just for laughs comedy festival. he didn''t make me laugh once. for a good 20 minutes he ''buzzed'' around on stage pretending to be a bee. some people walked out and the general conversation of people around me as the show ended was ''that was horrible''.

dress to kill is hilarious though!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:22:14 PM
Author:TravelingGal

20.gif

Ooh ooh me me! But you know that already. Where are you going to see him? Might have to look into tickets for DH's birthday...

We went through a Eddie Izzard period with Netflix a while ago. Might have to re-rent them.

ETA: Swimmer, I was at a conference this week-didn't get to check PS for DAYS! It was killing me!
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 1:07:57 AM
Author: Selkie

20.gif

Ooh ooh me me! But you know that already. Where are you going to see him? Might have to look into tickets for DH''s birthday...

We went through a Eddie Izzard period with Netflix a while ago. Might have to re-rent them.

ETA: Swimmer, I was at a conference this week-didn''t get to check PS for DAYS! It was killing me!
5.gif
I need to buy the other DVDs...I have Glorious on VHS!
6.gif

He''s doing a tour now and is playing in LA this week. After that, who knows when his next tour will be?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

20.gif
He is fabulous live!! I laughed so hard I gave myself a stomach ache. Have a great time!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well gals, twas a great show! The only bummer is that they didn''t have a screen to show his face clearly...so much of his humor is his facial expression.

He dressed in jeans and a coat with tails, as someone mentioned. I find him sexy. Is that weird? Cause he really isn''t good looking or anything...is he? Hm.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Glad you enjoyed the show, and I agree that you really need to see the expressions. He''s a total chameleon, and sometimes I think he''s hot (LOOOVE how he looks in the Riches), while sometimes he strikes me as really odd-looking. He''s like Lyle Lovett (IMHO): "ugly-sexy."

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
PS-Is he doing new material?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
TG - I totally think he''s sexy! So you are not alone in that one! I''m glad you enjoyed the show...did he do the bit on intelligent design and poo? Classic stuffs.

Pandora - I''ve seen him on his last two tours, sexie and stripped, and the material for each was very different. Funny funny stuff.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, that''s it...he''s totally ugly sexy...although I really don''t think he''s ugly. Maybe funky sexy?

He''s doing new material, but there''s definitely enough "old" material for his fans to pick up on...kind of like an inside joke.

LL, I think so...I remember the intelligent design bit, but not the poo bit.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like an excellent show, too bad about the screen.

I think he''s attractive! I am not exactly qualified to judge, but there''s something about him for sure. I especially like how he looks in The Riches.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results