shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay seller kicked off

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Ebay just sent me an email telling me this seller ( house-jewelry ) was a fraudulent seller. I had emailed this person (like I do

9.gif
) asking why they were knowingly selling fakes to people. I had caught on a month or two ago just cruising for paraiba and saw that this seller had some for sale. under the feedback I noticed there were a few negs so checked it out. Most of the ones i read were saying "fake this is man-made glass" "fake", etc. because I had contacted him/her and asked, in a polite tone mind you
9.gif
, why they were selling the same fakes as real after so many complaints ebay had recorded it so when they booted him/her they sent me an email making sure I did n''t have anything to do with this person. Here is part pof the ebay email they sent me "Our records show that you recently received an email from house-jewelry through the Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay Member features. This email may be fraudulent and an attempt to do one of the following:

- Obtain your eBay password
- Gain access to your eBay account
- Use your eBay account for fraudulent activity
- Set up an outside-of-eBay transaction which may be fraudulent

Here is one of the emails I recieved after emailing him asking why he was selling fakes to unknowing consumers. I have no idea what it means:
Hi, Jason
ok whenever you need, please write me
if possible he/she looks at my auction
this with beautiful unhewn stones with sending free.
thank you, Fernando
(I have no idea what this means???)
Well anyways after checking the feedback of this person now I see that lots of megs were added because of item not recieved. I don''t know if we talked about this person in a previous thread or not but it''s good to see some justice done on a seller like this. i just hope ebay sent the same email they sent me to all the people who purchased something from this person so they know what they have will most likely be a fake. Good to have a trusted seller.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks amguy- it unfortunate that they scammed so many people. Keep chipping away at those frauds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amguy for notifying us. Many of us are avid ebayers, so I appreciate it.

FYI for everyone - Toolhaus.org is a great tool for evaluating negative feedback since Ebay doesn't retain all of it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Way to go, Amguy! Thanks for the notice.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU Amguy!!!! I truly appreciate your policing the ebay sellers like this!
36.gif

Lori

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
What really chaps my britches is when a seller gets complaints back that what they sold the person was a fake(persons had it tested or tested themselves)..in this case glass but yet continue to sell the same item not informing that it''s glass or whatever else...that is fraud...it entirely possible to not knowingly sell something that turns out to be a fake, it happens all the time, but to blatantly disreagard your consumers when they have told you time and time again......

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I got a similar email about a year ago when I was bidding on a ring (which I thankfully lost!) too...
so I do think that it''s standard policy from ebay.

Sophie

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I wonder, though, if they sent it to folks who have or had purchased items from them in the past
Here are a few examples of what was sold and the reply''s from the buyers and how much the buyer paid for the item.

-ALL STONES FAKE GET YOURS CHECKED STILL SELLING THE FAKES QUICK REFUND 2 cts bicolor tourmaline cushion facet vvs $48.98

-FAKE STONES REAL BAD COPIES GOT PROMT REFUND 3.5 cts neon blue paraiba tourmaline oval facet vvs $304.99

-FAKE STONES NOT EVEN GOOD COPIES SELLER REDEEMED HIS SELF WITH PROMPT REFUND 3.5 cts neon pool blue paraiba tourmaline cushion $104.28

-This gem is fake- it tests as glass. Refund from seller was immediate 2.15 ct neon bluish green paraiba tourmaline pear facet $141.04

-This gem is fake- it tests as glass. Refund from seller was immediate 4.5 cts blue indicolite tourmaline cushion facet vvs $108.50

-REFRACTIVE INDEX 1.55=NOT TOURMALINE!!! REFUND PROMPTLY GIVEN THANKS 1.41 cts green tourmaline pear facet vvs $8.05

Now check this one out..Elizabeth left positive feedback..at first
Here is the item: 3 cts neon paraiba tourmaline in ring solid gold 18k for $295.00
Here is the positive feedback left WOW!!!! Beautiful ring from the best EBayer seller Fernando. Will buy many more.
Strangely there is follow up feedback by the buyer...I don''t really understand how there can be follow up feedback after a positive was given:
Had the ring tested and to my surprise IT''S GLASS. Very disappointed. (a little quick on the draw there)

Okay lets switch it up now..here are a few buyers that paid for roughly the same items as above but I guess have no idea and/or didn''t have the means to test or get tested...I would be willing to bet all of these are glass and/or fakes...poor saps have no idea...really erks me as their business could have gone to a reputable seller

-Spectacular gemstone. Thank you 3.85 ct neon paraiba tourmaline ring solid silver 925 $113.61

-excellent 2.2 cts neon blue paraiba tourmaline cushion facet vvs $227.50 (ouch 200 bucks for some glass)

-Gorgeous stone. Thank you 10 ct bluish green paraiba tourmaline ring silver 950 $177.50 (wow a 10ct paraiba..that must be in the top 50 largest paraibas ever cut and only for $177 dollars
6.gif
)

-Beautiful stone. Great communicator 3.57 cts neon bluish green paraiba tourmaline oval vvs (ouch this one hurts) $382.00

You get the jist......

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s so sad that these people are paying $100 or more for a piece of glass thinking they are getting a true Paraiba. I know, as most PSers know, that there’s no way anyone can get neon paraibas for mere $100 though so I’m glad eBay pulled the plug on this fraud. Thanks Amethyst Crusader!

36.gif

I must add that I have no idea what he was trying to convey in his email. I tried reading numerous times but it still made no sense.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Hey hey,I also kicked a ebay seller via ebay.But much money and time was lost.Not to say the
29.gif
ANGER that raised my B.P.
The person hacked my mail,sent lot of fake mails from my i.d.,also changing his i.p. and duplicating mine,to his own i.d.to proove I was asking him a big money for which I will not let him to go to jail.These happened after my complains against him.He sent from his own ebay i.d. to Ebay support team saying that am blackmailing.I was mouse trapped.I had to ask him to return the money which I paid,and I will return him the piece.Still he have not sent it,also I have not
41.gif
also.
I must say Ebay respects buyers more than sellers,they revealed some facts.They kicked him out.But I am sure he will appear again.I had to hire some corporate internet experts to know all the facts.They charged me a huge and said nothing can be prooved in favour of me or against me in the court,if the shit man raises case for blackmailing!That means a huge lawyer fee and personal defemination(Am a respected professional).So...My mouth was shut.
I will never buy from Ebay or like those sites.A reputed shop is far better option.
The material I purchaised was a Software,not gemstone,though.
You can take my case as a reference case for harrasment.Dont buy gem,software,camera,electronics from them.Some are good sellers.But,it is difficult to say who is good without personal relation,as the seller had 100% reputation before I bought.
So,be cautious.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
oh yea electronics, software, heck just about anything related to computers is high risk items on ebay...steer clear

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
you are right amguy.
From your reply in my thread,I gonna see the price of lab made gems...I will not say anything..
10.gif
look the prices-am sure they are made from colored bottles base
14.gif

you know,one of our family friend bought a 15 carat yellow sapp.(not from Ebay) from another auction site(gives ad as an alternative for Ebay..just read on)-natural,bright,yellow,IF-he got that at about half the price in market.Happily,he set it over a ring.He was very possesive,he ordered to make the gold ring only by the goldsmith,rest he did.
Really,it was looking very nice
1.gif

Butttt,,after two months,it became white(sapphire?).Probably,the maker did not got an yellow bottle,or as my girl says,all yellow bottles sold
24.gif

Ohh,it does not came with any bill/invoice.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
So,@chrono...at 100$ you may not get a colored glass even.
I think I was the foolest person to buy the games cd to gift at full price on the basis of only lazziness to go to city dealer.
Hey hey,the game was need for speed UNDERGROUND.
25.gif

And try not to buy by paypal method...some says..only paypal accepted(i have seen two-thanks to amguy).
Paypal and Ebay are brothers..mind that.
And still,if you have the itch still to spend money even after reading this,please spend it to some charity.100$ will brighten many faces.
Amguy am I right?

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/egemdiamond_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ
You will get HUGE 9.14 CARAT NATURAL RUBY ONLY AT 9$ (=1$/Carat???) only 14hrs remaining...

Fly girl am dedicating this to you...buy and you will never love ruby am sure...
Oh man...the CDs..oh I cant forget...they were burned on cheap made in china CD-R and the name of the game was written with a blue marker in very bad handwriting.Sellers name was also written
6.gif
...over phone he told "sorry sir,sorry,I will give you back the money Sir"
"I dont want to hear your appology,you people make people fool"I said
"Sir,other people doesnt say so,I thought you will accept that"
"I Have reported Ebay,Will sue you in CPA,and complain to those companies too"
"sirrrrrrrr,my 'carriar' will be ruined...sir plz sir"
So,if you dont want to waste your time,money,working day....
One thing is that,the seller knows your complete address,phone number,mail id,account number,People like me does not like that.If that can be done just for a CDs price,they can do everything hell for items of 100times greater than that price.I think who is reading you are also a people like me!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:48:24 PM
Author: rubyisforlove
You will get HUGE 9.14 CARAT NATURAL RUBY ONLY AT 9$ (=1$/Carat???) only 14hrs remaining...

Fly girl am dedicating this to you...buy and you will never love ruby am sure...
Oh man...the CDs..oh I cant forget...they were burned on cheap made in china CD-R and the name of the game was written with a blue marker in very bad handwriting.Sellers name was also written
6.gif
...over phone he told ''sorry sir,sorry,I will give you back the money Sir''
''I dont want to hear your appology,you people make people fool''I said
''Sir,other people doesnt say so,I thought you will accept that''
''I Have reported Ebay,Will sue you in CPA,and complain to those companies too''
''sirrrrrrrr,my ''carriar'' will be ruined...sir plz sir''
One thing is that,the seller knows your complete address,phone number,mail id,account number,People like me does not like that.If that can be done just for a CDs price,they can do everything hell for items of 100times greater than that price.I think who is reading you are also a people like me!
Not to worry, rubyisforlove. I won''t be bidding on that stone!
38.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That fake CD is so terrible and obvious.
23.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 4:48:24 PM
Author: rubyisforlove

6.gif
...over phone he told ''sorry sir,sorry,I will give you back the money Sir''
''I dont want to hear your appology,you people make people fool''I said
''Sir,other people doesnt say so,I thought you will accept that''
''I Have reported Ebay,Will sue you in CPA,and complain to those companies too''
''sirrrrrrrr,my ''carriar'' will be ruined...sir plz sir''
I made your link clickable.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 5:40:37 AM
Author: amethystguy
I wonder, though, if they sent it to folks who have or had purchased items from them in the past
Here are a few examples of what was sold and the reply''s from the buyers and how much the buyer paid for the item.

-ALL STONES FAKE GET YOURS CHECKED STILL SELLING THE FAKES QUICK REFUND 2 cts bicolor tourmaline cushion facet vvs $48.98

-FAKE STONES REAL BAD COPIES GOT PROMT REFUND 3.5 cts neon blue paraiba tourmaline oval facet vvs $304.99

-FAKE STONES NOT EVEN GOOD COPIES SELLER REDEEMED HIS SELF WITH PROMPT REFUND 3.5 cts neon pool blue paraiba tourmaline cushion $104.28

-This gem is fake- it tests as glass. Refund from seller was immediate 2.15 ct neon bluish green paraiba tourmaline pear facet $141.04

-This gem is fake- it tests as glass. Refund from seller was immediate 4.5 cts blue indicolite tourmaline cushion facet vvs $108.50

-REFRACTIVE INDEX 1.55=NOT TOURMALINE!!! REFUND PROMPTLY GIVEN THANKS 1.41 cts green tourmaline pear facet vvs $8.05

Now check this one out..Elizabeth left positive feedback..at first
Here is the item: 3 cts neon paraiba tourmaline in ring solid gold 18k for $295.00
Here is the positive feedback left WOW!!!! Beautiful ring from the best EBayer seller Fernando. Will buy many more.
Strangely there is follow up feedback by the buyer...I don''t really understand how there can be follow up feedback after a positive was given:
Had the ring tested and to my surprise IT''S GLASS. Very disappointed. (a little quick on the draw there)

Okay lets switch it up now..here are a few buyers that paid for roughly the same items as above but I guess have no idea and/or didn''t have the means to test or get tested...I would be willing to bet all of these are glass and/or fakes...poor saps have no idea...really erks me as their business could have gone to a reputable seller

-Spectacular gemstone. Thank you 3.85 ct neon paraiba tourmaline ring solid silver 925 $113.61

-excellent 2.2 cts neon blue paraiba tourmaline cushion facet vvs $227.50 (ouch 200 bucks for some glass)

-Gorgeous stone. Thank you 10 ct bluish green paraiba tourmaline ring silver 950 $177.50 (wow a 10ct paraiba..that must be in the top 50 largest paraibas ever cut and only for $177 dollars
6.gif
)

-Beautiful stone. Great communicator 3.57 cts neon bluish green paraiba tourmaline oval vvs (ouch this one hurts) $382.00

You get the jist......
There''s a ton of fake paraiba on ebay, much of it is "paraiba topaz or quartz" (coated gems). A few years ago, you could get some true neon cuprians, but it''s a lot more difficult now. There are a couple of dealers on ebay that I trust for cuprians, but their quality has really gone down hill. My favorite cuprian dealer stopped selling on ebay for a couple of years now, although we keep in touch. He really doesn''t have much inventory in paraiba either.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I think I have lost nearly 9000$(8000$ is in question +1000$ for Ebay).Please vote me for of the looser of the year

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
no worries..it happens to the best of ''em..I lost a pretty penny on the whole iolite-tanzanite switch..if you do decide to get any gemstone or jewelry in the future I would drop a thread on here and let these ladies and gents lend you some info and opinions...experience is the most valuable tool in gems and lord knows a lot of folks on here have a boatload of experience...I sure as heck know that the next time I buy a ring for any woman in my life I will bring it here first to get some thoughts

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Amguy,if there were PM in this forum,I could say,my original profession,share my email.I am grateful to you for that,may be I am going to give it to fly girl,just seeing her curiosity,may be at the price I bought,because,as I said,I am not a gemologist or gem dealer,would put me,and my whole country as a representive in a bad position.I am thankful to both God and you.
Next time,if you come to India,if you have time to visit Kolkata,I will give you a nice trip,you can take my car to roam the city as you like.But,I will not pay for the petrol
9.gif
-joking.Its just a small tribute to your helpfulness.Hope,I can enjoy this forum years after years...
I will show you every time,what am going to buy...a free apraisal from you.Each month,our family buys,some gems-they are all bought from a very reputed showroom at Kolkata(P.C.Chandra).I am just thinking now about them...
I had to cancel my two sheduled "job" today,which requires fine skill of hand and thought both,because,my fingers are trembling.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL..what ever you do don't show me gems to appraise or grade LOL..i can't hold a candle to some of the folks on here..now rough and mins. I can probably help out with...I have gotten so many request tocome to munbai from all my indian buddies around here..every time they go back home they bug me to come along..oh how i would love the hustle and bustle but I can tell you the traffic would kill me..LOL

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
You deserved to be killed guy
41.gif

Mumbai persons welcomed you not Kolkata persons,no?
1.gif

My apraisal request was something like funny-I know its not possible to tell the grade without seing it.It is a science man,not poetry!
You may be wrong for that particular Gem,time will(read IGI) can proove that,but am amused for your detective like attitude.Its must part for a applied science field.I am also a master of my applied science field person.It seems that,you are of my any students age(your fingers are telling your age).
Will you not welcome me at your home if I visit your city(I dont know where you live,assuming,in some N.America city)?Waiting for your moms preparations
18.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
oh yea first things first and mumbai is on the top of the list..the indian city that never sleeps..I would love to go and see some of bollywood and the Diamiond district....ruby I like your post..i bet you would be fun to hang around..if you are ever in the atlanta area drop me a line..just about everybody who flys overseas has to fly through our airport or Logan

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I went to Atlanta previous month(For personal research work)...I will Visit States within next 8 months or so,Will flew to Atlanta that time-I will inform you 2 months before to adjust your shedule then for a day,this time I will keep a day fully free for just roaming.
Mumbai is one of the best city of India.
But,Still,Kolkata is the City of Joy,you can sometime feel that you are in some European Country,rolled back 50 yrs or so,from present time,I have still not got enough time to shoot and roam all the city along.I will be at Delhi on Aug,and remain there for some time(may be years)-but will visit home at Kolkata time to time.

Hope we will enjoy our days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results