shape
carat
color
clarity

Eating out on a diet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I am in bridal mode and trying to drop 10 lbs by my wedding. My sister has been VERY sucessful on weight watchers and gave me this great website! Thought many of you would also find it helpful.

www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/1allrestaurants.html

It has every restaurant you can imagine and breaks down the points/calories/carbs/fat. It will be very useful for me!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
That''s very useful Tacori, thanks!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i spent about 20 minutes just looking up places i recognized, actually that is a great listing for chain restaurants, but we eat out alot at small independent places so unfortunately it wouldn''t help me out there...also i don''t really get the points system anyway since I''m now WW. but we do go to mac grill and outback sometimes..and we definitely have gotten an una mas burrito or two!

BUT i did find it interesting that on something like the outback steakhouse menu, their grilled rice and chicken kind of dish had something like 18 points whereas something else (can''t recall what) which was not a supposedly ''healthy'' choice was 15 points. i think you have something like 30 points a day to eat? anyway i thought wow so this ''healthy'' dish is more points than some random thing i would never have thought!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband travels a lot and is in FLA right now. He will be gone for 10 days. These trips are hard on his diet. All those client dinners and lunches put on the pounds. He tries to eat right while he''s away but it''s hard. I will give him that link. Thanks.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem ladies. I agree there are many local restaurants that aren''t on there but I still think it will be very helpful for me. It is my sister''s bible
2.gif
I know many people have expressed the need or desire to lose weight and sometimes eating out is the only option. I went to Panera for lunch today and it was nice to know what exactly I was eating. I think it is funny they even have a 7-11 menu. It was very humbling to see my favorite burger/fries at Red Robin was 22 points! Whoah!

Date: 2/18/2006 2:29:01 PM
Author: Mara
i spent about 20 minutes just looking up places i recognized, actually that is a great listing for chain restaurants, but we eat out alot at small independent places so unfortunately it wouldn''t help me out there...also i don''t really get the points system anyway since I''m now WW. but we do go to mac grill and outback sometimes..and we definitely have gotten an una mas burrito or two!

BUT i did find it interesting that on something like the outback steakhouse menu, their grilled rice and chicken kind of dish had something like 18 points whereas something else (can''t recall what) which was not a supposedly ''healthy'' choice was 15 points. i think you have something like 30 points a day to eat? anyway i thought wow so this ''healthy'' dish is more points than some random thing i would never have thought!

Mara according to my sister you are suppose to eat 20-25 points a day depending on flex points. I think she said 60 calories=1 point. She also said foods with fiber cut down the points so the only thing I can think of is that maybe the chicken dish had less fiber. hmmm...not sure though. I noticed a few of the menus only had the WW points but many (like panera) have the calories/fat/fiber so I think that is really cool.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m doing WW right now and because of my starting weight, I am supposed to have only 24 points/day. The good thing is that they allow some flex points that you can use throughout the week, so if you are going to a party or out to eat you can "splurge" a bit and not blow it.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tacori,

If the meal out is a special occasion, I would just be sensible and miss out the dessert. Back on the diet the very next day. I know you are trying to loose a few pounds, but don''t be too hard on yourself.

Blod
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the info Tacori! When my co-workers decide to take orders for fast food, I immediately go to the restaurant''s website to check their nutritional content page...it''s so helpful.

Keep in mind the 5 or so pounds you''ll probably lose right before your wedding--all the last minute running around and stressful moments can have you dropping weight all of a sudden. I lost 7 pounds the week before my wedding without even meaning to. The night before I was married, I had to have my mother take in my dress AGAIN because I''d shrunk half a size!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Monarch I wish that happened to me, I didn''t lose a pound before the wedding and who knows I may have gained a pound or two since we were in Hawaii for a week before....hehee!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I sooooo wish that would happen to me!!! But I highly doubt it
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 5:01:19 AM
Author: blodthecat
Hi Tacori,

If the meal out is a special occasion, I would just be sensible and miss out the dessert. Back on the diet the very next day. I know you are trying to loose a few pounds, but don''t be too hard on yourself.

Blod
35.gif

Thanks. People think I am crazy when I say I want to lose 10 lbs because I am very petite but that is the problem. I am very small boned (and short) so 5 lbs on me looks worse than on my friend who is 5''8". Also I am lucky that I have never had to worry about my weight before. So all of the sudden it has really creeped up. I gained 10 lbs in a year and a half which I am not okay about. So I think my wedding is a modivation. Besides I have 6 months to take off 10 lbs so I think that is a healthy amount in a healthy amount of time.
1.gif

monarch64- I have heard the same thing which does scare me because my dress just zips (vs. a corset style where you can tie it tighter) I was planning on getting my alterations in june for my Aug. 12th wedding so maybe I should get it done closer...at the same time I am not one to forgot to eat
2.gif
The only time I lost weight was when I got really depressed in college (never due to stress) so I might be like Mara and it might not have the same effect on me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep I am unfortunately the kind of person who never ''forgets'' to eat or gets stressed out and doesn''t eat....the only time that ever happened to me was when Greg and I broke up after a year in our relationship, and I had just moved into a fixer-upper family-owned duplex, and was not working...so I had all this time to work on the house which I did at almost all hours, and also was setting up my garden in the back which was grueling work in the clay dirt, and I just would find myself not really eating very much I guess, I was sad about the breakup, and I guess somehow I lost about 10lbs! I didn''t even really notice is the funny thing, and I had a friend tell me I was ''too thin''...I was like yeah right!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yah!!! I lost 4 lbs so far!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results