shape
carat
color
clarity

East Coast Canadians here? Other Canadians?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
I wasnt'' sure where to put this post. Sory if I am in the wrong place.

I''m looking for any East Coast Canadians that can give me so information on places to go to see nice stones, workmanship, etc.

ML in NB, CA

NBGuy

Rough_Rock
If you are in New Brunswick check out Gary Spicer at Sears Goldsmiths in Saint John, NB. He is located in McAllister Place Mall by Catalog pickup and Sears Travel. He is a master goldsmith who is from England and he does amazing custom work with gold and platinum. I recently gave him a picture of an e-ring I wanted made, and it came out amazing.

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for this tip. I will certainly keep him in mind. Does he sell loose stones too?

Do you know much about Belgium Diamonds in Halifax, NS? Does anyone know of this place? I'm looking for feedback.

Pickings are slim out East. I went to People's the other day ... to look at settings but thought I would have fun anyhow. Asked to see a 1 carat round, j color, i clarity and she told me that I would have to pay HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND of dollars for this same stone in a VVS clarity, colorless !!!!! Oh really now....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1.gif

NBGuy

Rough_Rock
I never heard of that shop in NS. Gary does sell loose stones and I believe he will order in stones if you are looking for something. He also carries natural blue diamonds if that peaks your interest at all. Of course remember dealing in Canada diamonds are a bit more pricey than buying off the net. However it worked out for me as the custom setting was alot cheaper than buying from online. He also offers upgrading down the road as well and free rhodium plating for white gold settings when they need it. I can relate to the lack of good jewlery stores in the Maritimes.... It's like they ship all their crap to the chain stores here and jack up the price... Anyways, hope you are successful on your hunt!

barcode

Rough_Rock
hey,
I''m from Halifax and I bought my engagement ring from Roman at Belgium Diamonds and would highly highly reccommend him. He was very professional and you got so much more for your money as compared to the mall jewelery shops! He has loose diamonds and settings so you can mix and match :) I went with a .84ct in a Lucidia (sp?) setting that was from tiffany''s...My fiance LOVES it and she''s been in to see Roman and thinks he''s great too. It was funny cause I just rang him up from the phone book but when I went to see him it turned out that his brother was one of my co-workers :) Anyway, I think he''s worth the trip and I did ALOT of reasearch before I made the plunge.
Later,
Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results