shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings - Which pair of stones ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jazgill

Rough_Rock
Hi
I need help choosing between the following sets of stones for a pair of earrings .
Set1. Set 2
Stone 1 Stone 2 Stone 1 Stone 2
AGS ACA H & A ACA H&A GIA Ideal Cut AGS Ideal Cut
0.550 0.540 0.50 0.504
G G G G
SI 1 SI 1 VS 2 VS 2
D: 61.9 61.8 60.1 60.3
T: 55 55 55 57
Crown Angle: 34.8 34.8 34.8 34.7
Pav Angle: 40.9 40.9 40.7 40.7
Girdle: Thin to Med Thin to Slt. Thk Very thin to thin Thin to Med
Polish: Ideal Ideal Excellent Excellent
Symm: Ideal Ideal Excellent Excellent

Set 1 is a little bit more expensive, but nothing major. Should I worry about the very thin girdle of set 2 ; stone 1

Any help / input much appreciated.
regards
Jaz

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
The set on the left, definitely. (That's all I ever say).

Actually, I think that's right. You might help running the numbers under the HCA, but knowing ACA's would have good numbers, that SI 1s are eye clean that are ACAs (though it wouldn't hurt to ask), and your observation of the very thin girdle all point that way to me.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm......so, I ran the numbers. As predicted, the ACA HCA is good. Just that, to my mind, the second set is better....and really outstanding...4 excellents, with .9 and 1 HCAs.

I would first take out a shiny nickle, and give it a nice big toss. While in the air, call WF...some here say to ask to speak to Brian there, but I am not on speaking terms with him, personally (that is, I''ve never talked to him, and wouldn''t necessarily presume I could). But ask for someone there to help. You didn''t say, but hopefully all 4 are from WF. Are they? In that helpful case, ask them their advice, and from what I hear, they''ll help. If there''s a problem suiting up the one with the thinner girdle, hopefully they''ll share that, too. Since they CAN set them, they would be concerned with the answer to that, themselves, so it could be a quite practical question.

You''d do well with either set, no doubt.

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results