shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Studs for wife''s 40th birthday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

x1630s

Rough_Rock
Need help with 40th birthday present for wife. She wants diamond earring studs and I have contacted the jeweler who sold us are engagement ring 10 years ago. I was very happy with this purchase but I’m a bit rusty on buying. Here is the deal. A round set of studs with a weight of 1.44 (combined) with ideal cut. The color is I and they have clarity of ISI/VS2. $4600 is price and I’m out of state so no tax. Please advise if you can. Set in white gold is 75$ extra.

Thanks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean VS2-SI1? That price seems very reasonable to me.

dobie

Rough_Rock
Whenever I see 2 colours and/or 2 clarities, I always assume the lower one. Lots of folks here seem to like buying from Whiteflash. I haven''t yet bought anything from them. In their Expert Selection, you can get a pre-set pair of 1.50 ctw Ideal Cut I SI studs in platinum for less at $4200.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a lab report ? Who says they are "ideal" cut ? But anyway... there's hardly cheaper comparing with the 200 odd quotes for comparable GIA graded diamonds on PS's database (you can do the same, if you wish).

Well, prices go from $1700 apiece to $2500 for AGS graded ideals. This, keeping I/SI1 in mind.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean one diamond is VS and the other is SI?? Or is that a split grade?? Is each diamond graded by a Lab and come with a Cert?? That size of diamond should be. Especially if they are "Ideal".

Here's a link to the White Flash "Ready Set Go" earrings:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond-Studs/Expert-Selection--Ready-set-to-GO_822.htm

The first page is Platinum mounts. You can click on the Gold tab and get an even lower price.
1.gif

x1630s

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help. I''m getting the LAB report today but will take a look at some of the sites listed to compare. All in all it appears that the price is about right.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results