shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring choices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Would a Holloway Cut Advisor score of 2.8 for one earring and 1.8 for the other earring be noticible? I was going to go down in color but that also means a lower HCA score....Does it matter? So, which would you choose? Or should I just do Whiteflash's ES....80 tcw SI I for $1190. Is there going to be enough difference to justify the price increase?

Option 1:

.40 H VS2 4.79X4.82X2.94 HCA 1.8 $805
.41 H SI1 4.79X4.82X2.94 HCA 2.8 $730

Option 2
.383 F SI2 4.69X4.72X2.86 HCA 1.5 $758.10
.383 F SI1 4.69X4.72X2.86 HCA .9 $878

Option 3
.38 F SI1 4.72X4.74X2.86 HCA 2.1 $740
.38 F SI1 4.72X4.74X2.86 HCA 1.7 $730

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I'd go for option 3. Great colour, perfectly good clarity (I have SI stones and they look great), nice size and their HCA scores are both around the 2 mark, which I understand is fine.

I have ACA earrings and they're lovely!
But then John from WF says the ES ones are great too.
It's personal choice really.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like option three as well. How are you going to have them set? 4 prong or three prong?? Make sure you post pictures when you get them!! I''m sure which ever ones you pick will be beautiful!!
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Option 2 is the only one that are ACA. Does that make a difference?

They''re going to go in the martini setting. Probably white gold although I''d really prefer platinum. Thanks everyone for putting up with my numerous posts on earrings! Of course I''ll post pics.
26.gif
There should be an e-ring pics soon too if he ever finds the "perfect" time to propose...which better be soon because we already have the date...July 3, 2005.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh where are the WF ES I SI stones? Those sound like what I would choose if the numbers are nice.

I am not loving that 2.8 score on the H SI, the pav angle at 41.1 and also the depth at 61.9 are not right where I'd like to see them. 2.1 would be okay, but 2.8 is kind of pushing it for me.

Do you have specs on I SI stones??

Out of the 3 posted, set 3 looks like the best so far but if you have info on I SI...

Oh I also wanted to add that I don't think paying premium for ACA on earrings is wise IF there are other non-branded options that are similar, aka ES that are cheaper. Earrings are earrings after all! It's nice to have ACA (I have a pair) but I would hands down look at ES first and then ACA. Depending on inventory of course. Which is why I like set 3 over set 2.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--Thanks for chiming in too. The ES Whiteflash stones are their preselected ones right off their website. So, there aren''t any specifics on them.......I am certainly open to other options so if you see any.....

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I''d probably just go with the ES pre matched stones and save the $400 to $600. Your other options are $1500 to $1650 plus another $110 for the mounts. I don''t think you''ll see much difference in earring sthat size, but call WF and ask their opinion.

How about putting that extra $400 to $600 towards a matching pendant?
2.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
humm the ES' or option 2 for me. i know its little more that way... but at least the HCAs comeing under 2

heres Caroline's ES .3 G VS earring i got her.
ESErings.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does WF say about the pre-selected stones? Are they like ES stones? HCA scores? Do you get any further info?

That would make a difference for me, I don''t like to purchase bigger ticket items without more info, esp now that I know more!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
There is very limited info on the ES stones...This is all the info....

Expertly Selected pairs of Ideal cut diamonds set in 4 prong basket. All diamonds are inscribed with the WF logo for your assurance. NOTE: All weights are approximate.

Expertly Selected pairs of apprx 0.80ctTW (4.70mm) ideal cut diamonds I SI set in 14K white gold

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
oh and point to note i didnt mention... those are 3 prong martinis in platinum. with butterfly backs.

I understand your feelings on that Mara... i took a chance on the thought that WF, under Brian wouldnt risk their rep selling non blinders... tho it would be nice to have more info... i guess its what you get for a good price.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
"Non-blinders." Love it. I really have to get to the UK. Between that and "sitting gooseberry" I have terms to amaze and amuse my friends!

The ES "ready set, to go" diamonds are of ideal cut. They are very beautiful. The price is lower than ACA of similar size which have the whole workup (thus the premium). As Bagpuss mentioned, I have made personal purchases of these and the girls wear them everywhere.

ACA is the signature line and has a premium, not only because they are H&A, but because we have done sarin, photos, IS, AGS DQD, etc on each - and they are fine-tuned to our preferred proportions. As Josh Rioux noted, the reputed performance is obvious in them.
21.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your posts. I am going to wait and see what info Denise @ Whiteflash comes back with and then make a decision.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Denise is a real dear and will give you all the help you need, I''m sure. Tell her Bagpuss says Hi!
35.gif

I went for the ACA''s partly because I wanted a slightly bigger size than the ES ones (I ended up with an 0.46/0.47 pair) plus I knew this was going to be the pair of earrings I was going to wear on a daily basis and so, for the relatively small difference in price between them and the ES pair, I would rather have the top of the line diamonds.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Aye, if Deneise is half the pleasure to deal with as Leasly... then you''ll be a happy bunny

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Denise seems very nice thus far. Putting up with my questions on multiple pairs of earring stones must qualify her for sainthood somehow! I''m hoping to hear back from her soon. Does anyone know what the PS discount is for Whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results