shape
carat
color
clarity

e-pics are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous -- they just couldn''t be any better!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif

jen

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pics Mandarine!! Congrats!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
great photos! Looking forward to seeing more!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!!!!!
Are you ready for more??? I''ve got more!!!
36.gif
36.gif

These don''t have the photographer''s name...but these are all by her. She did such an awesome job...If you are looking for a photographer in South Florida don''t hesitate to call her!!!! www.traceyahrendt.com

Ok..here we go (it was hard to choose because there are over 180 pictures and I don''t want to bore you with pictures...hehe)

2parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I love this one, it's one of my favorite, not sure why, but I love it!

ETA: Not sure why it looks like I have a belly...hehe, oh well, I still love it...
4.gif

3parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
We were just walking back to the car and she took this one without us knowing, I love this one too :))

5parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I loved that big Banyan tree!

6parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

7parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and the STAR of the show
9.gif

8parkepic.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
That''s all! I could post 100 more, but it''s hard to choose...hehehe ;-)

I loved having our dog with us!!!

M~

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning photos! B & W''s are some of my favorites!

Would love to see more!

Congrats again!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
The new ones are just as awesome as the first ones! You really do have so many wonderful pics to choose from :) I love the one of the three of you walking back to the car! and of course lets not forget the solo shot of your little star! They are great pics of the both of you and you look wonderful together!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

M~

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE the ones with your pup, but your fave is mine too.

You two are going to make a great-looking bride and groom!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!! I''m glad you guys liked these ones too! Having our dog with us was a great decision....we hesitated because it was so hot out, but the start got breaks to relax in his trailer with some refreshments (aka: My car with the AC blasting and some treats...haha)...

Thanks for letting me share again :D

M~

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your photographer did a FANTASTIC job. They are very pretty!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pics, Mandarine! BTW, how is your arm doing?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fancy!! :))

FG - Thanks!!!. Thanks for asking about my arm! That''s so sweet of you to remember. Somehow I managed to mostly pose showing my right arm. I wasn''t trying to, but maybe in the back of my mind I kept trying to hide the left arm...hehe. The photographer did a great job "editing" the marks in any pictures that it did show. The healing has gone incredible well considering how it happened! I have managed to keep it out of the sun all the time (or wear very strong sun block) so it''s very light in color which is good!

Thanks again :))

M~

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Mandarine! These look so amazing! You guys are such a good-looking couple that polaroids of you after you get up in the morning would probably look good, but these are even better!
3.gif
And I LOVE that you included your pup. Now I totally wish we had done e-pics, just so we could include ours!

Congrats! And *I* certainly wouldn't complain if you posted more of them!
31.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww Fata you are so sweet!! Next to your pictures these are just very boring now...hehehe ;-)

I had a great time taking these and it gave me a chance to see the result of choosing a fairly new and unknown photographer. I am so happy she did a great job (for me, as well as for her!). I hope she does great in the business because she is truly a great girl and photographer!

Thanks for the compliments :))

M~

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 9:17:39 PM
Author: Mandarine
FG - Thanks!!!. Thanks for asking about my arm! That''s so sweet of you to remember. Somehow I managed to mostly pose showing my right arm. I wasn''t trying to, but maybe in the back of my mind I kept trying to hide the left arm...hehe. The photographer did a great job ''editing'' the marks in any pictures that it did show. The healing has gone incredible well considering how it happened! I have managed to keep it out of the sun all the time (or wear very strong sun block) so it''s very light in color which is good!
I am so glad to hear that it is continuing to heal and that it''s not terribly noticeable. That was quite an ordeal you went through and I''m glad it''s going away.
2.gif
The pictures really look gorgeous!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you FG, you are so sweet :))

I really feel I was lucky. I still run into them everyday, the dog jumps on the window everyday....but I''m ok, it scares me sometimes when they catch me by surprise, but otherwise I just concentrate, breath and walk away...hehe. Every time the dog jumps and growls through the window I "talk" to him in my head "relax doggie, I''m not going to do anything to you, I''m just walking to my house"...hehe...I know, crazy but it helps...hehe ;-)

M~

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pics, esp the 2nd & last!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 3:37:24 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you FG, you are so sweet :))

I really feel I was lucky. I still run into them everyday, the dog jumps on the window everyday....but I''m ok, it scares me sometimes when they catch me by surprise, but otherwise I just concentrate, breath and walk away...hehe. Every time the dog jumps and growls through the window I ''talk'' to him in my head ''relax doggie, I''m not going to do anything to you, I''m just walking to my house''...hehe...I know, crazy but it helps...hehe ;-)

M~
Ok, Mandarine, I haven''t been around long enough to know what happened to your arm...I tried to look up previous posts, but after this last one, I just have to ask what on earth happened??? Did you get bit by a dog? Aaghhhh...I hope not! Please fill us in when you get time!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Stephensbride!!!

Harleigh, I did
7.gif
...it''s a long story, grab some popcorn...hehe..

Here are the linkys:
The story: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attacked-by-neighbors-rottweiler.56020/
The good news: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-me-vs-rottweiler-i-win.59124/

Update as of now:

Emotionally: Healing, not scared and happy
9.gif
. It was an unfortunate accident but accidents happen and I still feel so lucky. I feel like everything happens for a reason and now "thanks" to me he is required to wear a muzzle. I still wish they didn''t live right next to me, but oh well...I''ve learned to live with it!. Once I get married (February) then I''ll move out and that''s that.

Legally: I''m still in the midst of everything...these processes move very slowly!.

Physically: The scars are not "pretty" but the biggest one is only about 2 inches long. They were all deep so healing was a slow process and they still hurt sometimes (and get itchy!) specially when I exercise. They didn''t heal properly though so I have keloid (no idea how to spell that, but you know, the raised-ugly scar tissue). After a year has gone by I can go to a plastic surgeon and have them do something about it. I''m not too worried about it though. For now I keep it covered because I want the scars to stay out of the sun and because I''m a bit embarrassed (I always wonder what people think when they see them?...that I''m a gangster girl maybe?..hehe).

Anyway, everyone here at PS was SUCH A HUGE support system for me. I honestly don''t know how I would have gotten through without them. I''m eternally great full to all the wonderful PSers that listened to me, checked up on me and helped me keep my chin up and move on
9.gif

So in a nutshell, I''m doing well, I''m happy, excited about getting married (and moving away) and love my PSers!!
36.gif
36.gif

M~

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mandarine, you poor, poor girl! Please let me say how happy I am that you are all right! I have chills from reading both of your stories, and I know exactly what you mean when you say you are praying under your breath that a dog will just relax, you mean it no harm, please leave me alone, etc... It brought back some hair-raising memories for me, actually...I was bit by a dog as a child and have been a fraidy-cat most of my life because of it, to be honest with you. It wasn''t until my FI (the first time we were together) had a Rottie (sorry! It''s the same darn type of dog that bit you!) that I finally got used to large dogs and didn''t practically pee my pants every time I got near one. Sadly she got sick and had to be put down a few months before we got back together last year, and I do miss that sweet girl, but all other Rotties still give me the heebie-jeebies, to be honest with you!

To make matters worse, in the 6 years FI and I were apart, I dated a guy w/a Great Dane & a Corgi...that was an odd combo, let me tell ya! His GD was a big fat pussy cat, who was afraid of everything, so, even though he was over twice my size, I fell in love with him. (He wanted to be a lap dog so bad that he''d try to climb in your lap, get his back legs situated on yours, front legs on the ground holding him up, and he''d be happy as a clam sitting in your lap that way for hours if you''d let him!)

Fast forward to a camping trip about 3 years ago...we go to one of his friend''s houses to head out together for the trip. He has a HUGE black Great Dane that has a tumor...a tumor that was larger than my big fat head! Being the timid girl I am around most dogs, I steered clear of that beast, yet he kept coming up and nudging his head into my hand trying to get me to pet him. The owners said it was fine, go ahead and pet him, so stupidly, I pet his head for a good 10 minutes or so, no problem, except I didn''t like the fact that I was sitting on a couch and he was taller than me at that point.

All of a sudden, his jowls just started quivering and next thing I knew his eyes had rolled back in his head and he had snapped his teeth and clamped them on my forearm! Because it was freezing and I am always cold, I luckily had 4, count them, 4!!!, shirts on, one being a thermal and one being thicker sweatshirt material, and even with all those layers, he still managed to leave huge puncture wounds on my arm (and all 4 shirts, for that matter.) I still have the scars, but the Dr. said I was lucky my arms are so skinny and that he didn''t snap it right in two! Luckily, this behavior was unacceptable to the owners and they immediately took the dog to be put down, which I still feel horrible about, even though I did nothing to provoke the attack. I still wonder if they hate me because he had to be put down before they were ready to give him up to the tumor? Aaahhh!

So, like you with your neighbors, now I steer clear of all big dogs and never assume that they won''t bite me for no reason...I know they can probably smell my fear, but sometimes I just can''t help it! I feel your pain and am SOOOOOOOO glad you are okay. I will send my prayers for you to have a peaceful time with your neighbors until February...that is a horrible situation for you to have to live in, and I am so sorry you are having to deal with all that. I also hope you can get the scars minimized...I have several keloid scars as well, and they do begin to look less appalling over time. I have been using Mederma on mine, and it really has made a difference! (Along with lots of Vitamin E oil and suncreen!)

I hope February comes quickly for you!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Great shots! You have the cutest little pup!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine!!! My fellow So. Floridian...

I am soooo late getting to this.. but your e-pics are BEAUTIFUL.. just lovely. If they are any indication of your coming wedding day.. your photog is going to be fantastic...

It looks like yall had a GREAT time.. and I would looove to see more!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh - You are so sweet, thanks!. Don''t feel bad for me though, I''m ok
4.gif
. Do pray that I move out quickly without further accidents though...hehe. I am so sorry to hear about your experience!!! How scary!. I guess you are sort of scared of dogs and they all seem to be attracted to you!!. Thankfully I still love dogs...I think when you are attacked as an adult is different though. I still even like Rotties, just not THAT one
5.gif
. I can''t lie though...if I''m walking on a street and a big dog approaches, I do get a little tense (which never used to happen before!). Thanks for the tips on caring for the scars!. I''ve actually been using Mederma too and I think it has definitely helped. Not sure how much it will help though so I''m going to a surgeon for sure. No need to spend hours at the gym toning the arms if I don''t feel like showing them off, right? hehe.
2.gif

Fabcrab- Thanks!!! We adore our little one, he''s just awesome!
9.gif

Jaders- Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I am definitely happy with how they came out and now I won''t be worrying about how the wedding ones will be :)

This weekend FI and I will be looking at them together (we still haven''t) so he''ll tell me his favorites, he said we have differet favorites, so I''ll post the oens he chooses!
2.gif

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results