shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Chicken is in the oven!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
I figured that what the hell, nothing else seems to be making him want to pop the ? right now, so why not try the chicken. It should be done in about 15 minutes, I''m excited. Well see what happens. Ill keep you ladies posted.
31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

GOOD LUCK!!!

LS

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of e-dust coming your way (watch out for the avalanche!)
36.gif

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
chicken turned out awsome. it was so well prepared and moist. i picked up a bottle of white wine, some good italian bread and put the baby to bed early. we ate together, without so much as a hint to the e-word or anything that had to do with marriage the whole night. he didn''t say anything so i asked if the chicken was alright, he said yea it''s good. that was it.
7.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 11:31:00 AM
Author: sweetliloldme
chicken turned out awsome. it was so well prepared and moist. i picked up a bottle of white wine, some good italian bread and put the baby to bed early. we ate together, without so much as a hint to the e-word or anything that had to do with marriage the whole night. he didn''t say anything so i asked if the chicken was alright, he said yea it''s good. that was it.
7.gif
awee - well it sounds like you made an amazing meal - to good for words!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 11:31:00 AM
Author: sweetliloldme
7.gif
Maybe he was deep in thought about gettting you that ring...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Dont worry, mine didnt speak about marriage either, but about a week later he started talking about weddings and rings....its takes awhile, i made engagement chicken about a month ago and i am still waiting.....hmmmm, i hope it works soon
33.gif
34.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Keep us updated, ladies! I''m thinking about making e-chicken in a few months
31.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I picked your thread to ask..but

what''s this engagement chicken I keep reading about? is there a recipe somewhere? I need to try this
11.gif
12.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linky

Back in January 2004 Glamour published a recipe for "Engagement Chicken," so called because soon after staffers whipped it up, their boyfriends popped the question. When Glamour reader Laura Wheeler made it for her guy, she topped it off with her self-titled "Hook-Him Apple Pie." Sure enough , he proposed. Will these recipes work for you? Try ''em and let us know!
Engagement Chicken
Adapted from Marcella Hazan''s More Classic Italian Cooking
1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)
2 medium lemons
Fresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)
Kosher or sea salt
Ground black pepper
Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes). Pat dry with paper towels. Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (inside and outside). Season with salt and pepper. Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Continue baking if necessary. Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving. Serve with juices.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks! that looks easy enough :) Our anniversary isn''t until Sept so maybe I should wait...but it''s so tempting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results