shape
carat
color
clarity

e bay help, asap, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 12:16:44 PM
Author: shminbabe
Yes, I did call both Paypal and my credit card co. I paid w/ my c.c. via paypal. I have to open a dispute with paypal, and then go through the same process with my credit card but first I have to wait until the transaction is posted on my statement, which it hasn''t, yet.

Since the seller invoiced me albeit via Paypal, that means I did pay outside of e Bay. That should have been a clue. Her e Bay payment option was a straight credit card and I wasn''t about to give her my credit card # so I thought it best to do Paypal. But it was really just like sending her money, you know? I am SO STUPID.

I do think I''ll manage to get this resolved as I just saved all my e mails which I started as soon as the auction was over, which expressly state my concerns over her payment requests, and then e Bay''s message to me of this morning. But still. What if I don''t? Paypal said she could send me an empty box which would then give her a tracking # to show them that the item was sent. I can''t believe I did this. This is my payback for trying to buy something I should not have. I am too impulsive. And now potentially out $380
8.gif
FYI, Ebay owns Paypal, they bought ''em out years ago (if it makes you feel any better. It''s not like you were paying in some obscure way). Paypal will work with you to get your money back, they have buyer protection. It''s just gonna be a bit of a hassle. You aren''t stupid or naive, everyone starts at zero feedback. I''ve bought from many zero feedbackers and sold to many zero feedbackers.

Anyway, live and learn, right? Could be alot worse. I hope that, beyond the Paypal claim process, everything works out well for you. These things happen.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
thank you all for your reassurance. i will pursue this thing daily. i keep "hoping" the seller will contact me, explain, and send me the ring! what a dreamer.

well, i''ve got everything saved in a file and i did not know paypal is owned by e bay! that''s better news too. i did file a claim of non receipt of goods but i think i need to do more, since i know i will never receive the goods. if e bay cancelled the transaction and accused the seller of fraud, well, do i really think they''ll follow thru and send me a real david yurman ring?

i''ll keep you posted and thanks!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, I think all paypal can do is give you a full refund if the seller refuses to sell the ring. It''s possible she doesn''t even have it. I''ll filed claims before with paypal and they''re very good with following things up and maintaining communication with me and the seller, so as long as you follow their guidelines, you''ll be fine.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 7:14:24 PM
Author: shminbabe
... if e bay cancelled the transaction and accused the seller of fraud, well, do i really think they''ll follow thru and send me a real david yurman ring?
No. Doesn''t work that way. Rarely works that way even in a court of law, but if you want to hire a good lawyer and sue the seller for for enforcement of the terms of the contract, you could. (Don''t really want to, though, do ya?
2.gif
)

If you are left in a place where you are made whole as if the transaction/contract had never taken place without having to sue anyone-- no ring, but no loss of money either-- consider yourself moderately lucky. If you had paid outside of Paypal, you''d not even have that option.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
as of tonight paypal tells me that since i filed the claim (escalated it from a dispute) that the funds will not be transferred to the seller''s account. yesss! we now wait and see if she replies...they need to let it play out, see if she sends me the merchandise, responds to the action taken, whatever. i am feeling pretty good about being protected by paypal. they have been quite responsive !

whew.

thanks for all your views and support. i''ll keep ya posted.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results