shape
carat
color
clarity

Dying mac laptop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When do you know the end is near?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mac laptop crapped out last November. It wouldn''t start up. They told me at the Apple store that the logic board had burned out, and they didn''t have a replacement for it because the computer was 7 years old. I''m still a bit annoyed that they don''t make replacement parts for their older computers.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is 5 years old (or maybe 4.5). All of the sudden it "grayed out" and then shut down. I couldn''t start it back up. then I could but my desktop was BLANK
23.gif
even though I could use firefox. Now it looks normal again
33.gif
So confused!

I wonder how much a logic board would cost anyways.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
My year old hard drive died one day. Opened her up and nothing. Go in and see your applecare guys. They gave me a new HD, but all of my docs were gone. At least the wedding was over. Now I save everything in google docs and use idrive where you can pay a small monthly fee for auto backup so that you never lose anything.

Good luck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks swimmer. My warranty is LONG expired. That sucks it died after only a year!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results