shape
carat
color
clarity

DVatche X-Prong questions (from a newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

First of all, just wanted to say this site has been great. I''ve been lurking around this board and was able to find alot of useful information on my research for my e-ring for my gf!

I''ve been thinking about the classic 6-prong tiffany ring for awhile but lately I noticed that she really likes the Lucida setting. I came across the DVatche X-prong setting and it looks lovely! However, I''m leaning towards a smaller diamond (0.4-0.6c). I have a few questions about the DVatche setting and hope some DVatche owners or experts can answer me... (as I have not seen a DVatche ring in real life).

1. Would a DVatche X-prong setting (or any type of this X-prong setting) be ok for a smaller diamond such as above?

2. I don''t like very low setting... and despite the fact that 6-prong is quite attractive, I often wonder if it''s too high and my gf will knock it off! Would the X-prong be a medium-type prong setting (not too high, not too low)... it sure looks lovely in pictures and it looks like it sits abit high, and the diamond seem to be raised higher up too... which is what I like about the setting.

If anyone has a DVatche ring photo... or even a picture of a side profile, that''d be great.

Thanks so much!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, the Vatche ring is a medium height, and yes they can build the ring to accomodate a smaller diamond. If you contact Vatche they will direct you to their nearest dealer.

Wink

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
Thanks Wink!

Another question I have ...does anyone know if a DVatche X-prong will sit flush with a plain comfort fit wedding band? I realized in the photos on their website... matching w-band has a curve to it....

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
While I don''t have a real d''vatche setting, I have a .5ct in a custom made x-prong setting. Mine sits up a little higher than the real d''vatche setting and I really like it because it sets of the stone more.

I don''t have any pics right now of it but I will take some when the sun is up. Because the stone is small, the x''s don''t jut out very far from the setting and my eternity band sits pretty darn flush with it. If you were to have a bigger stone set in it, the sides would come out a lot farther making it harder for a wedding band to sit flush. Sorry if I''m not making much sense at this late hour.
2.gif
I hope I can get some good pics to explain what I mean.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a good pic taken by WF. The stone is 1.23c, ring is a size 4. Keep in mind that although a .5c stone is less than 1/2 the weight, its measurements in any direction (depth, table, girdle) will be about 3/4 the stone in the picture.

ering_1.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2006 1:38:04 AM
Author: one_cactus
Thanks Wink!

Another question I have ...does anyone know if a DVatche X-prong will sit flush with a plain comfort fit wedding band? I realized in the photos on their website... matching w-band has a curve to it....

No, it will not sit flush, but the gap will not be large. The curved band really looks yummy with this ring!

Wink

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t get the chance to take pics until today. The gap seems much more noticable in the pics than it does in "real life". Maybe it''s time for my eyes to be checked.
2.gif
None of the side views came out though.

Here''s the ring itself; my finger is a size 6 for reference.

100_1578.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with a plain 3mm straight band.

100_1580.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my 2.7mm wide eternity band. Hope this helps.

100_1583.jpg

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
Hey pebbles,

Your ring is very beautiful! Thanks for taking those pictures for me... I noticed a tiny bit of gap between the two rings but they actually look fine to me... it sort of give it a "2-ring" look instead of the flush look. I''m just hoping that with the tiny gap, the two rings won''t rub and scratch each other so much. That or I may have to listen to Winks and get the curved custom band to go with the DVatche X-prong.

Thanks everyone!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I got the d vatche x prong this year and am thrilled with it. I have the matching band too. I tried a straight band and was not bothered by the slight gap, but rather I felt the band hitting the prong and that bothered me (like nails on chalkboard, although at the jewelry store they said they had never had anyone else with this complaint).
Anyway I am in a real time crunch now, but if you look up my previous posts you will see the photos of my ring. If you can''t find it let me know and I will post them here tomorrow.

Oh and to answer your other questions, i think it is not too high and not too low. Also, I think it would look nice with a smaller diamond, although honestly I do think a traditional think band Tiffany style might make the stone look bigger. Although, I also think the Dvatche x prong would also be lovely.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results