shape
carat
color
clarity

DUST PLEASE!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and your fur baby. A big hug to both of you.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for your sweet pup !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hope your sweet baby recovers!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Praying for your baby, they do carry a piece of our heart.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1429574530|3865073 said:
Thanks everyone, your support means so much to me. No progress so far although I swear I saw a tail wag yesterday?! She is semi-sedated so as to not fret or try to move too much in the crate, although she spends most of the day asleep on my lap as she is now. At least she is peaceful, without pain and is enjoying my love and attention.

Good work, you're both doing your jobs!

Rest is huge, just huge. So glad you can be there for your dog in her time of need.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right there with you, HP. This is the worst. The fact that she is spending so much time on your lap is probably as healing as everything else for her. Dust, prayers, positive energy. Anything gentle massage can do to help, or is it one of those immobility is best things?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update HotPossum, I'm really glad she seems comfortable and not in pain. Also glad she's resting and keeping still, sounds like that is important right now - continuing to hope she shows improvement over the course of the week, you are both in my thoughts!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Dust for that dear little soul.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANOTHER UPDATE: Hurrah, I've never been so grateful so small things as I am today.

This morning when I went to greet her in her crate, she sat up and clearly/strongly wagged her tail 3-4 times. :dance: This is a great sign! Even better still, I took her out for a pee on the lawn and she stood up unaided for a few moments so her back legs seem to be regaining some small measure of control. :clap:

I know it's early days but it gives me such hope for her long term recovery. My husband is also making every effort to get time off and fly back next week to look after her. Small victories but I am so happy right now. :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great news!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't give up hope!!!

My Westie, Finn, injured his right front paw in November. He would not use the leg at all. The strain of being a tripod rendered his right hind leg lame. With nothing use-able on the right side he could not stand, walk, pee, poop or eat. Tramadol did nothing and he stopped eating and got more fragile. I asked the vet to prescribe prednisone to get the swelling of the right front paw to abate, hoping that when that happened he woukd use that leg again and thus relieve the right hind leg.

It worked, we put him on a month-long course of prednisone (a burst followed by a long and gradual taper) and he has been fine and we have our sweet boy.

So don't give up on your girl!!! She can recover, get the inflammation handled, manage pain, give her rest and activity restriction. Finn just finished a course of acupuncture and chiro-massage and did super well. Maybe later your dog might benefit from same?

So glad to hear she is rallying, she has a lot to get well for, a great owner.

Thank you for checking in. We will keep pulling for you two.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1429668303|3865600 said:
ANOTHER UPDATE: Hurrah, I've never been so grateful so small things as I am today.

This morning when I went to greet her in her crate, she sat up and clearly/strongly wagged her tail 3-4 times. :dance: This is a great sign! Even better still, I took her out for a pee on the lawn and she stood up unaided for a few moments so her back legs seem to be regaining some small measure of control. :clap:

I know it's early days but it gives me such hope for her long term recovery. My husband is also making every effort to get time off and fly back next week to look after her. Small victories but I am so happy right now. :bigsmile:

So happy about this latest development HotPozzum!!! Thank you for the continued updates and we are all keeping your sweet furbaby in our thoughts and prayers and sending bucket loads of PS ***DUST*** her way!!!!!

What is your sweet pup's name? I like to send healing vibes and thoughts to a specific name if possible but in any case sending tons of good healing vibes and thoughts her way!

(((HUGS))) to the both of you and I hope your dh can come home soon and that your sweet fur baby continues to make amazing progress and recovers completely!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news, but we will not let up on the dust and good thoughts we're sending!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad your baby is doing better! :appl: Lots of dust to for her continued healing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear this encouraging news! Continuing to hope she shows more improvement over the next few days!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news! :clap: Hope she continues to do better and better!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
HP, sorry to hear that your pup is ill, but so glad to see the positive update! I will keep her in my thoughts. She is such a cutie!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear that you're seeing some improvements!!!!! I will continue to cross my fingers that things keep getting better and better :D

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
I'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS!!! I don't have much time for details right now but just wanted to say I've experienced this several times with my dog. It's terrifying and I'm so sorry you are going through this. My dog (cockapoo) had two episodes like you described. He was given medication and strict crate rest. He recovered. The third time was more severe and lasted longer. We opted for disc surgery. It's expensive but he did really well with his recovery. His previous injuries weren't caused by anything traumatic. The first time was trying to go potty in heavy wet snow and the second was from flinging his back to get a funnel collar off (toe infection). Anyway, about a year after surgery he had a more significant injury. He was completely paralyzed in his hind legs, lost all bladder/poop functions, and had no deep pain sensation. Called the neurologist and he has given a 5% chance of recovering. I expressed his bladder by hand for a week...yep, I did!!! It was the worst week of my life. The plan was to give him 3 weeks to recover. Well, I got so sick of trying to express his bladder that after a week I took my little paralyzed dog who hadn't moved for a week and set him in the grass. I told him, "go potty". Lo and behold, he gets up on all legs and pees!!!!!!! It wasn't pretty. He looked like a drunk dog that got hit by a car. It was amazing! I actually have it on video. Can you post videos here? Anyway, he improved so fast he was walking normal in 2 days. That was 2 years ago and he has been great since.

Don't give Up!
What breed is your dog?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LetItShine, I am so happy your sweet dog recovered from these scary episodes. And what an amazing mommy you are! Thank goodness he is doing well and thank you for sharing this with HotPozzum. Hopefully her sweet pup will do as well as yours.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone, such support really means so much to me. :wavey:

Her name is Ilka and she is a mini Dachshund. Back injuries are something we always have to be careful of in this breed but she is young, fit and not overweight so of course, we never thought it would happen to us.

She stood unaided again for a few moments this morning and seems brighter, more alert so that's good. It's really so encouraging to hear that others have gone throught this experience and had positive outcomes.

Better still - my husband has managed to get next week off and will be flying home tomorrow night! Trust me this is nothing short of a miracle in itself considering his boss... :roll:

A few more pics of my darling hound...she really is such a character.

ilkaava1.jpg

ilkaasleep.jpg

ilkatart.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Aww....Ilka is adorable! I grew up with daschounds, so I have a soft spot for them. I do know that they're prone to hip dysplasia. I pray that Ilka continues to get better and makes a full recovery!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So happy to hear there's been improvement. Sending you a ton of doggy dust!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Adorable pics! Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you are seeing some small changes. I'm sure she will feel even better when her dad gets there. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for her name and for those lovely photos. Ilka is gorgeous! Sending buckets of more healing PS ***DUST*** and good vibes her way with big but gentle hugs too. {{{HUGS}}}.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable doggy pics, thanks for sharing and more dust winging its way across the pond for you and the doggy.

I love smooth hair mini Dachshunds, and would consider getting one myself in future.

DK :))

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her personality is huge!!! Love Miss Ilka! What a sweet girl!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear she is making improvements. She looks like such a sweet baby. Also great news your husband is able to come home.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, she's adorable! :love: So glad your husband can come home for a week - and so happy to hear the positive update. Tons of healing dust being sent to Ika!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilka is so cute! Glad to hear she is making progress and your husband will be able to come home. I hope Ilka continues to improve over the weekend. Sending more healing dust her way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results