shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust please! Do I sell major pieces from jewelry collection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Friends of the forum,
Im having a hard day.I just talked with a friend of mine who owns a custom jewelry store and he has a client that knows my jewelry and is interested in previewing the major pieces from my jewelry box and making an offer on them( probabley at just above wholesale)...I was really hoping to be employed soon so i could protect my most favorite pieces from sale(i sold off the american indian collection to go back to school and recently sold pieces while un-employed)I know that if I sell any of the favorite pieces at wholesale prices that I could never replace them again....i never thought i would have to make this choice...guess i will wait and see what the client wants to purchase.It feels weird allowing a stranger to go through my most prized possessions like a garage sale...dust please that all will go well.I really appreciate everyone of the regulars on this forum!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh - what a difficult decision - made so much worse given that you cannot replace any items you sell. I hope you find a job in time to prevent having to do this!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Heres to Lot and lots of job dust comming your way !!!

If things dont work out in the short term , remember sometimes you just have to do what you have to do iykwim, who knows what the future may hold. do what you need to do to get through now.

wishing you all the best and lost and lots of job dust
19.gif

35.gif

d2b

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Loads of DUST to you! I really really hope it turns out okay.

Once upon a time in my life I had to sell of some prized posessions when I was down and out, one of them being a special diamond ring belonging to my mother (won''t get into details..). While I still am sad about that decision I''ve found that I did what I had to at the time to get through what I needed to and in the end while I cherished some of those items they were after all just items. I also recently sold one of my most prized items, by choice, because the price was right... and while I''m sad about it, it was worth it...

Good luck to you in finding a job and with this sale! I hope you''re able to get through this okay. Remember we''re all here to lend at least virtual support if you need it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you truckloads of dust JM.
35.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry jewelerman, that you find yourself in this spot. I truly hope something happens quickly on the job front so that you don''t have to do this!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry. Good luck, and please know that we''re here to listen.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will keep you in my prayers that you find a job, sending dust.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, jewelerman, dust going out your way. I do hope that something comes through so that you don''t have to part with some of your favourite pieces.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
***sprinkle, sprinkle***

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry, and you''ll be in my thoughts.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelerman, just my thoughts. I wouldn''t sell anything, and here''s why. Let''s say you do sell them, and live off the money until it''s gone, and still don''t have a job. What will you do then? You may be right back where you are now (in fact, you have already done this once). What would you do then? Whatever it is, I would do that now, and pretend you don''t have the jewelry. Do you see what I''m saying? You could very well end up back in the same boat (though I certainly hope you are not), and you will be out your lovely pieces as well.

I would try very hard to come up with an alternative answer. But I do wish you much luck in all this.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 10:21:24 AM
Author: Ellen
jewelerman, just my thoughts. I wouldn't sell anything, and here's why. Let's say you do sell them, and live off the money until it's gone, and still don't have a job. What will you do then? You may be right back where you are now (in fact, you have already done this once). What would you do then? Whatever it is, I would do that now, and pretend you don't have the jewelry. Do you see what I'm saying? You could very well end up back in the same boat (though I certainly hope you are not), and you will be out your lovely pieces as well.

I would try very hard to come up with an alternative answer. But I do wish you much luck in all this.
Its not that easy and you have to live in the mean time.
That is pretty much what happened to me and my gun collection so I feel for you jewelerman.
I'm looking at having to sell the few I have left because business has dropped to 0 finding consulting gigs right now and haven't found a full time job yet.
Prayers outgoing that something comes your way soon!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you tons of dust your way.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:21:50 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 9/3/2008 10:21:24 AM
Author: Ellen
jewelerman, just my thoughts. I wouldn''t sell anything, and here''s why. Let''s say you do sell them, and live off the money until it''s gone, and still don''t have a job. What will you do then? You may be right back where you are now (in fact, you have already done this once). What would you do then? Whatever it is, I would do that now, and pretend you don''t have the jewelry. Do you see what I''m saying? You could very well end up back in the same boat (though I certainly hope you are not), and you will be out your lovely pieces as well.

Its not that easy and you have to live in the mean time.
That is pretty much what happened to me and my gun collection so I feel for you jewelerman.
I''m looking at having to sell the few I have left because business has dropped to 0 finding consulting gigs right now and haven''t found a full time job yet.
Prayers outgoing that something comes your way soon!
Tons and tons of PS fairy dust going out to both jewelerman and our beloved Storm/Karl.
36.gif
35.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone...its means alot that you understand the emotional attatchment that we have with our jewelry,gems and watches...so much of my collection is from family and heirlooms...i think i will wait for the customer to call and see what pieces they have interest in...Im going to offer the lesser pieces with little attachment but hold back on the major ones....and will wait til the eleventh hour..gunna have a little faith here that the job is just around the corner...I have to be grateful that this collection has gotten me through some rough periods in the recent past and that its there if needed.This period of unemployement has sure been a faith builder.Thanks again for the support...i feel so much better today.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you can still hold on to some of the major pieces. The stuff might just, in the end, be "stuff" but it can mean a whole lot to us. Especially heirlooms. I hope you make it through this tough period and your stash of family goodies does too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results