shape
carat
color
clarity

Dumbest ? but hear it goes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
So i was curious how a diamond is cut to get to the final product. Specifically Im looking at a princess cut. I understand how the cutter makes the external facets and shape of a diamond. But when looking at a princess from above we see multiple facets below the table. Are these simply what nature has created and the cutter just does the external cuts. In other words the multiple facets we see inside the diamond when looking from the top...are those created by the cutter and if so how do they do that?? If they are made by nature then why is there such a variety of internal looks or patterns inside a princess cut?? I know this is probably a dumb ? but any info would be appreciated.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m just guessing, but I think it''s the facets they cut on the outside of the pavilion reflecting through the middle of the stone.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
I never realized there a facets cut into the pavilion. When looking at the diamonds loose it appears that the bottom or sides of the diamond are perfectly smooth with no cuts. Does anyone have any pictures of the bottom or sides of a princess cut?

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
I guess my other question is unlike Rounds which all have the same amount of facets, I have seen some princess cuts with less facets giving it a chunkier look and others with many more facets on the bottom view of the Certs. Is there no standard and why cut one way or another?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results