shape
carat
color
clarity

Dumb Blonde?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading Sara's thread about being annoyed about a bounding dog reminded me of a story I thought I would share. Rather than hijack her thread, I decided to start my own.

I have to confess that I have almost no recollection of this incident. A friend of mine from college days who lives on the other side of the country and with whom I have a telephone call once a month reminded me of this the last time we spoke. I remember it more like an old legend than as my own memory although I know it actually happened. (My California friend said that the story has made the rounds of her friends and family via e-mail for years.)

I was a blonde at the time of the incident...which took place in the charming little village of Old Greenwich, Connecticut. I had my Big Lab, Biscuit with me when I went into town to do a few errands.

Usually when I leave home, I say, "Guard the house,". I once read that a dog likes to feel he has a job to do. Now Biscuit has never been taught what "to guard" means and therefore hasn't a clue what he is being instructed to do. I might be telling him to sleep on his dog bed, for instance. It's just something I say when I leave. But it's a parting statement, a goodbye.

I would never bring Biscuit in the car with me if it were too hot or too cold and would never leave the windows too low (so that he could leap out) or too high (so that he had too little air). In other words, he needed no instructions from me. Nonetheless, I always say something to him when I leave.

There was no danger Biscuit was able to leave the car, but I had to say goodbye to him!

So when I left the car, apparently I said, "Stay".

Then the man standing next to me on the street where I had just left the car said, "Why don't you just put it in park?"

Deborah
34.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Very funny!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
LOL, that's too funny!! Did he give you a smirk or a smile or did he keep a straight face?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha ah, I love it! You should send that in to Readers'' Digest online, they still pay for jokes!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL!
9.gif
That is so funny!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!

You should have said, "Because that would be too easy".
11.gif
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That made me chuckle!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s comedy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s hysterical Deb!!!
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a riot. I can see the man thinking that you were talking to the car and thinking you might be a bit dim! Too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results