shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS and other people''s rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It couldn''t possibly be related to this website, could it???
17.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve only had my ring for a little over a month and a half, but i haven''t had anything close to DDS. to me my 1ct looks totally substantial and downright huge in some lighting :) of course the halo helps...but i wouldn''t trade this ring or the diamond in it for anything! it''s big enough to be able to see the steps in the diamond and small enough to still be delicate. it''s perfect.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 11:54:24 AM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 1/27/2008 1:02:02 AM
Author: strmrdr
...Call me a nut but Id rather have a 2ct cinnamon garnet, blue zircon, blue sapphire, red ruby, blue topaz or one of a dozen different colored garnets or a red or blue spinel than a 2ct diamond.
Except for maybe a 2ct asscher...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

You''re a nut.
I know I am but what are you?
LOL''
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS totally skews your perception of what is normal out in the world. The more 2 and 3c''s you see, the more you think, wow mine seems so small. But out in the real world...not that many people are sporting the big rocks on a daily regular outandabout basis. Even here where we live in the BayArea...I don''t see that many big rocks.

That said, mine definitely seems smaller on a regular basis, BUT then I typically catch a glimpse of it in the mirror while washing hands or in a picture or something and when I see it on my hand as a detached viewer, I think WOAH that looks pretty big. So I try to remember that OTHERS see it like that even if I don''t anymore. But really it is quite big for me. I would only upgrade again to go quite significantly larger probably, but then it seems so extravagant to fork out that much for just a bit more size. I''d probably change the setting first to see if that did anything for size...hehee.

But for now I still absolutely love it, which considering it''s been over a year and a half since I got it.....makes me (and our savings fund!!) really happy!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 11:26:25 PM

Date: 1/27/2008 11:54:24 AM

Date: 1/27/2008 1:02:02 AM
...Call me a nut but Id rather have a 2ct cinnamon garnet, blue zircon, blue sapphire, red ruby, blue topaz or one of a dozen different colored garnets or a red or blue spinel than a 2ct diamond.
Except for maybe a 2ct asscher...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

You''re a nut.
I know I am but what are you?
LOL''
35.gif
I dunno? You tell me!
37.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 9:10:49 PM
Author: thing2of2
Ahh, the dreaded DSS! I think I have something more like Diamond Dysmorphic Syndrome...everyone else''s diamonds look big enough for them, but mine doesn''t look big enough for me! Every now and then I''ll have a moment of clarity and realize that my diamond does look like nice and big on me, but those moments are very rare!

I''ve only had my e-ring for about 10 months and I think it''s definitely too soon for an upgrade. *Siiiiiiiiiiigh*! The bright side is that I think my fiance is totally down with me upgrading once I''m done with school and back to working full time again. (Right now I''m only working about 30 hours a week because I''m in school full time also.)
I had to laugh at this because I''ve thought that, too!!! Why does Sally''s diamond look perfectly at home on her, and actually nicely sized, but mine, which is about the same size, sometimes looks tiny??? Or, if I let my sister put on my ring, it looks pretty big on her. Why the heck is that?

I am pretty sure that anything in a round over 2 carats or so will always looks sizeable to me. But I''m not gettin one that big, so, lotsaluck on that one, LOL!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 2:46:05 PM

I dunno? You tell me!
37.gif
rofl!
sweet, kind and generous

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 9:07:44 PM

Date: 1/29/2008 2:46:05 PM

I dunno? You tell me!
37.gif
rofl!
sweet, kind and generous
Well, I''m bustin'' my buttons over here.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Thank you, Storm. Sincerely.

16.gif
<-- me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results