shape
carat
color
clarity

Drunk drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 12:42:32 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will ask the adjuster when she calls...which she STILL has not done yet after two messages last week. I'm out of town so I can't focus too much on this right now...in fact, TGuy is a bit fed up with the lack of response and wants to hire a lawyer. Ack.
Well, you certainly could. There are 2 problems with hiring a lawyer: #1 They cost a ton and will take a cut of whatever you get. This sucks because the insurance company is not going to give you more money because your lawyer is a great lawyer. Or a pushy lawyer. Or a friendly lawyer. That is a fallacy. Bottom line: you get your settlement and they take their cut of your money. AND #2 If you get a lawyer, you'll be doubly out of the loop because once you've retained representation, the claim rep will under no circumstances talk to you anymore. Only your lawyer.

If neither of those sound too hassley, OR if you have money to toss around for a lawyer(which a lot of people do, I won't assume anything), then by all means get some representation. A lot of people who haven't had an accident before are pretty baffled by the relative slowness of things, is my experience.

Another thing I wanted to mention (maybe it'd help) is calling and getting through to a secretary (instead of leaving a message) and asking for someone else on her "team". We have teams where I work, and any of them could review your claim with you, in theory.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip Julianna...some new developments...

Apparently the info she gave the cops may or may not be incorrect. If it is, then she has not had insurance with the company she gave us since 1993. This is a bit mind boggling because she looks no older than 30 years old. I would guess more like 25.

We''re looking into our options. I have shoulder pain now that also includes shooting pain down my right arm. My lower back has been making sitting very difficult (OK to stand though). I''m pretty frustrated.

And finally....

The dumb drunk driver hit me while I was pregnant. At least says the stick.
23.gif
I find out officially this afternoon.

(And I SO did not think I was really preggo...this is literally a one shot wonder.)

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 1:49:38 PM
Thanks for the tip Julianna...some new developments...

Apparently the info she gave the cops may or may not be incorrect. If it is, then she has not had insurance with the company she gave us since 1993. This is a bit mind boggling because she looks no older than 30 years old. I would guess more like 25.

We''re looking into our options. I have shoulder pain now that also includes shooting pain down my right arm. My lower back has been making sitting very difficult (OK to stand though). I''m pretty frustrated.

And finally....

23.gif

(And I SO did not think I was really preggo...this is literally a one shot wonder.)

Oh wow!!! Please let us know the "official" results!!!!

Sorry that you are still in pain. I hope that everything tuns out okay with the insurance mess
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

23.gif
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! T-GAL..............YAY.

Guess that wine is gonna have to go on hold for a while, gal!

WOO-HOO!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 1:59:08 PM
Author: aljdewey

23.gif
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! T-GAL..............YAY.

Guess that wine is gonna have to go on hold for a while, gal!

WOO-HOO!
A baby Traveling would be sooooo cute!!! Yaya!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, thanks ladies, but I am not counting on it until the doc tells me it''s 100%. We''re only at 99% now, according to the stats on the stick box.

TGuy and I are not sure we''re ready for a TGaga.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh TG - hugs outgoing to you!!! Keep us posted!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Keep us posted!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD!

99% is good enough for me, so here''s an early CONGRATS!!
36.gif

Meanwhile, I hope you''re able to get this insurance fiasco sorted out.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!

One of my friends was also reluctant to trust the positive stick test at ~3 weeks preggo. My FI and his friend, both doctors, gave this look to each other like there wasn''t much reason to doubt. The actual quote was "Well, you could have a tumor and not a baby, but... " False negatives are possible on the stick test, false positives not so likely.

Sorry it comes along with such an unfortunate accident! But just be super nice to your body and hopefully most of the soft-tissue injury will get better.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:03:09 PM
LOL, thanks ladies, but I am not counting on it until the doc tells me it''s 100%. We''re only at 99% now, according to the stats on the stick box.

39.gif
HEE! This reminded me of the Friends where Rachel gets pregnant and Ross is yelling about the 97% effectiveness of condoms:

"What? They should put that on the BOX!!"

"They do."

"No they don''t!" (checks box) "Well they should put it in HUGE BLOCK LETTERS!"

Anyway, 99% congratulations to you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow a Tbaby?
congrats tgal!!
hope that everything settles down with the drunk girl drama.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:03:09 PM

39.gif
Sweetie, no one ever reeeeeeeeeally is! LOL

In all seriousness.......you are one of the most levelheaded and grounded people I (sort of) know. You have your head on straight and priorities in order.

You''ll do SPECTACULARLY at this. I don''t just ''think'' it........I''m sure of it.

YAY! I''m SO excited for you!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Like I said, I''ll wait until I get official doc results, but yeah...it doesn''t seem likely to be a false alarm, unless it''s ectopic or something. However, I will take all your good vibs and run with it!

Date: 7/25/2007 3:34:39 PM
Author: aljdewey

Sweetie, no one ever reeeeeeeeeally is! LOL

In all seriousness.......you are one of the most levelheaded and grounded people I (sort of) know. You have your head on straight and priorities in order.

You''ll do SPECTACULARLY at this. I don''t just ''think'' it........I''m sure of it.

YAY! I''m SO excited for you!
36.gif
Alj, that may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this forum, thank you.
1.gif
I''m actually sitting here having a minor freak out...thinking of all the things I have done wrong in the last few weeks - having wine, not eating the best while traveling for work, not getting enough folic acid for the baby''s spinal growth (what has folic acid in it?!
6.gif
) and now looking up prenatal vitamins because apparently I was supposed to be taking thise before the baby was ever a gleam in TGuy''s eye.
40.gif

And yes, this is making us recheck our priorities. We wanted to buy a house in the winter/early spring, but we can''t afford to have this baby and buy a house since I won''t get paid much during maternity leave. So we figured the baby will have to sit in this apartment for a while...it''ll be too young to know we aren''t keeping up with the Joneses.
9.gif
Hehehe. I can only imagine what having a baby does to change a relationship...I don''t need financial worries to be a strain on us at the same time.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! There is nothing wrong with having a baby in an apartment. I think you will be a great, easy going mom! I hope the pain in your shoulder/back goes away soon! I am still having back pain from my car accident and it wasn''t even as serious as yours. Get better soon!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am SO excited for you TGal!! I think you would be such a cool and wonderful mother. And with TGuy by your side you two will make great parents!! However, I DO understand the trepidation, because you don''t feel ready. But is there ever really a *right* time? Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats TGal, and TGuy. I know it came as a surprise. But I think you two will be wonderful parents. I started a thread in Family Home and Health, titled Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers. Lots of great info there and lots of support as well.
I do hope all gets worked out with the insurance.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How very exciting for you.
9.gif
Yes, I know it's not official but I think those tests are pretty reliable. Don't worry too much about the vitamins or the wine or whatever. You can start making those changes now. After all, the overwhelming majority of babies come out just fine with minimal help.

Wow, very dynamic time in your life. I know you'll do great.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful TG--I just caught the tail end of this thread and saw your exciting news. Keep well!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, it IS official...I''m preggo. Not this comes as a surprise to you all...those test are accurate!

When I came home, there were flowers from TGuy...he''s never bought me flowers before (I don''t normally care for them).
30.gif
Of course I was a crying wreck when I saw them...this emotional thing is already kicking in.

Kaleigh, I read the entire pregnancy thread about 2 weeks ago...and have been lurking. It''s a great thread and I wanted to be pregnant before I joined (although I didn''t think it would be this soon!), so I will hop on over there. Thanks for starting it!

You all have been very sweet with your words. It''s much appreciated, and helping to get me quite excited, especially as we are not telling too many people (besides family) right away.

Well, this definitely gives me something else (more fun) to focus on.
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
KNEW IT! Ha!

And I know you''re gonna be great at it. Just follow your instincts.....everything else will fall into place.

9.gif
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Congratulations, TGal!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, WOW! What a wonderful surprise. Take it slowly, it all has a way of being fine in the end, so just let it happen and enjoy it. Try not to stress, all things will be taken care of! Congrats to you and TGuy! TTot is on the way...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh TGal!!! I''m just grinning eat to ear! I''m so happy for you guys. Everything will work out! I hope your shoulder and arm pain go away soon. I''ll be keeping you in my thoughts.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
TG,

I was waiting for you to have a "for sure" result from your MD before posting. You are going to be such an absolutely amazing mom and TGuy wil lbe a great Dad! I am so excited and happy for the two of you. Don''t stress about the wine and lack of folic acid. You certainly aren''t the first woman to share a bit of wine with her unborn child unknowingly and you defintely won''t be the last. Start taking your prenatal vitamins, relax and enjoy the ride. You two are going to be an amazing parental unit!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

~K

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal I am so happy for you and your DH!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I got preggo really fast too so I understand the shock. I waited until I was 6 weeks to announce our news (when we heard the heart beat for the first time). Just in case I guess. Please come join us and keep us updated of course! It helps to have a thread to vent/complain to!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats TGal!!! You will be a wonderful mom!!! That is the best news! How sweet of TGuy buying you flowers.
Yay to the both of you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW .... I checked in to see about how yr. back pain & insurance stuff was going and WHAMMO!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!

We need a different thread for this! No mean rage-y guy face ...rather, a widdle cute smiling T-tot!!!
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 11:13:20 PM
Author: decodelighted
OH WOW .... I checked in to see about how yr. back pain & insurance stuff was going and WHAMMO!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!

We need a different thread for this! No mean rage-y guy face ...rather, a widdle cute smiling T-tot!!!
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I agree too! This is such a joyous moment
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree! This news should be in a new thread!

Congratulations TGal and TGuy! You guys will be wonderful parents! Don''t worry about the wine and bad food. Just take your prenatal vitamins now and drink lots of water.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
"TTot!" I like it!
36.gif
(Actually, we''ve already nicknamed the baby "Snot the Tot" for reasons I won''t go into. My friend called hers Cletus the Fetus, and I really thought by the end of her pregnancy that Cletus was going to stick.)

I appreciate the thought, but no need to start a new thread...you all have congratulated us already on this one! Plus I don''t mind it''s on the Drunk Drivers thread...just shows good things can come in not so good times.
37.gif

Tacori, I remember when you got pregnant...I was thinking, wow, she just got married!
1.gif

Again, thanks for the really nice words and encouragement. TGuy joked that since we''ve been talking a lot lately about some unruly kids we''ve seen around us, and how *we''d* raise our kids, this is the punchline of a cosmic joke...as if someone is saying, "OK wise guy, here ya go...let''s see how you do!"

I was off the pill for only two weeks. We didn''t think it would happen. We didn''t even "try." 4th of July party, we had some wine and had a designated driver (our friend), so we came home and were feeling happy. I noticed at the party something that I heard was a sign of ovulation. I don''t think I''ve ovulated in 14 years. So when TGuy and I got home, I mentioned the ovulation (in a crude way I won''t mention here). He laughed and told me "TMI". Cheekily I asked if he wanted to try and see if both our plumbing might be working. He agreed.

Oops!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results