shape
carat
color
clarity

dropped ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucymartin

Rough_Rock
has anyone had any experiences with dropping a diamond ring? I dropped mine in my sink when cleaning! just wanted to know the likelihood that I had chipped or damaged it. Thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
In the sink? Oh come on now...it's fine!

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Maybe yes, maybe no.

Any diamond with a point is easier to damage than most people think.

I have heard of such diamonds being damaged in sinks.

Pretty rare, but not unheard of.

Good reason to get your husband to do the dishes,
11.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Why do you hesitate to have it checked... the money it might cost to find out?

Generally speaking its probably ok... but you should find out the facts from someone who can examine the stone for you.

The other important consideration is that if you did damage it, you''ll need to make a claim to the insurance company.

Only a professional can do that for you.

Rockdoc

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats why I recomend that everyone get a loupe and know your diamond and your setting.
Wouldnt it be nice to be able to dig out the loupe and tell if it had any damage yourself?

If there was damage you would still need a professional opinion for your insurance company but wouldnt it be nice to tell for sure yourself?

jackson

Rough_Rock
What would an insurance company do in the case of a chipped ring? I am curious...need to look at the policy....
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results