shape
carat
color
clarity

drop ship

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I disagree with drop ship procedures, because of the following reason, assuming the stone that was drop shipped from the vendor was mistakenly switched unintentionally with another stone, the consumer gets the stone and takes it to an appraiser which claims that the stone doesn't match the cert it came with,the consumer gets upset thinking that the website that is responsible wasted his time, He then needs to ship it back wasting more time and waiting for the right stone to come back,the site that is responsible will have to get the stone back check to make sure that the consumer is really sending them the right stone back if the vendor calims that there is no mistake to beginwith. I strongly believe that the vendor should send it to the site that ordere it from him ,the site gemologist should check validity of the stone against the cert it came with, and then send it directly to the the consumer avoiding all the problems described above

Quick Reply

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dropshipping from a seller that they aren't extremely well connected to seems like a significant risk to the seller and possibly a risk to the buyer as well. I'm a little surprised that sellers will agree to it at all, and that the buyers put up with it for what seems like pretty minor benefits. The advantage, of course, is that it can happen very quickly and it's nicely efficient so the costs can be a little bit lower. It's a big world I suppose and there's room for lots of different sorts of business models. They don't have to all be the same. That said, I agree that it seems like a bad idea for all involved (buyer, seller and shipper)

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
very well said, I totally agree with you , actually the process takes about 2 business days till the consumer gets it in his hands,
one day to get it into the the site that ordered it ,and then turn around and send it overnight to the consumer after it was throughly checked to avoid any mishaps.I dont think that an extra day will make a big difference

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
diamondsman|1340910206|3225298 said:
very well said, I totally agree with you , actually the process takes about 2 business days till the consumer gets it in his hands,
one day to get it into the the site that ordered it ,and then turn around and send it overnight to the consumer after it was throughly checked to avoid any mishaps.I dont think that an extra day will make a big difference

I may be wrong but I believe that this is how vendors such as JA handle their stones. Most are not in house but with dealers local to their offices, they then call in the stone, evaluate them and then ship them off to the client. I think in most cases the diamond arrives to the purchaser the next morning, if of course, additional images and reports aren't requested. Many other PS vendors will call in stones for clients as well, but I have no idea of the turnaround time or the efficiency.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Some Internet Sites Showcase more than 100,00 stones, It could be that the consumer had picked a stone that is from a vendor who is not in the same state as the site ,that's also a procedure that shouldn't take more than a day to get it on an overnight priority,checked by a diamond gemologist ,and then turn around and send it on an overnight basis to the consumer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results