shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress, Veil, and Garter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
So I found the dress, the veil, and the garter! I''m so excited I had to share. Here is me in the sample dress, Alvina Valenta 9954. It''s about 5 inches too long and 2 sizes too big but they clamped it pretty well so you can get an idea of it (the tulle you see near my rear end is from a birdcage veil they had me try on, the whole dress is silk dupioni):

Alvina Valenta 9954 Side Small.jpg

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the veil! The one they had me try on was just a bit of tulle sewn to a comb, and when I snuck a peek at the price tag, I about fell over! $115! I found this etsy one much more reasonable.
9.gif
(edited to add: this is not me haha)

Etsy Veil Short Blusher.jpg

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Annnd here''s the garter. I wanted something kind of old fashioned, I hope it''s not too bulky but I don''t think it will be.

Etsy_Peterene_Garter.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing gown, birdcage, and garter!
You look great in the dress!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Everything is beautiful.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous combo! Love it!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody who has worn a garter with a tight dress: did it show at all? My dress will be fairly fitted through the thigh. I won''t be doing a garter toss so that sucker''s gonna be there all night long and having never worn one before I''m not sure how much it will blend in with the line of the leg?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
stunning!! and i''ve never seen a garter quite like that. i love it!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
love the dress & veil combo! they''re going to look perfect together. the garter is so lovely too--cameos are one of my personal favs!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress!! It looks great on you! The veil is quite lovely as well! And the garter is awesome! Congrats on getting all those taken care of in one sitting!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
love the gown!!!!
30.gif
and great pick of matching veil & garter! where did you get the garter from?

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:14:25 PM
Author: cleokizzy
love the gown!!!!
30.gif
and great pick of matching veil & garter! where did you get the garter from?
Etsy, Peterene Designs! Lovely garters there. I know a few of our fellow BIW also get garters from GarterLady on Etsy as well. They both do custom work if you want it! I almost got a NY Giants one for the fiance but since we''re not doing a garter toss I decided to get a heirloom one instead.
1.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
HUGE PROPS, that is FRICKIN SWEET!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...very stylish! Cant wait to see when you get yours and its all fitted!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
TS- this is a TOTAL threadjack, buuuut- you''re a Cleveland bride, right? I''m sure I read about this before, but I just did a one-over on the ''wedding cost'' thread and saw you''re getting hitched in C-Town
1.gif

I''m just curious- if you''re willing to share- what vendors you''ve picked? And did you find your dress at the lovely (er....) Catan''s? That purple-ish carpet looks familiar
2.gif

My wedding is this December at Windows on the River. Wild Flour is making our cake (they have a contract w. Windows), TKO Entertainment is handling entertainment, Linczak Photo are our photographers, A1 Mr Limo is handling transportation, our hotel block is at the Hyatt Regency at the Arcade, hair appointments are booked at Dante Lucci (though I''ve never gone there- we''ll see how it goes at my Nov. trial) & flowers are by Prestige Floral. I think that''s it
3.gif
I''m looking at day-of coordinators right now, but am not certain I''m willing to extend our wedding budget any more... we''re at our max, I believe.

We chose the majority of our vendors in a complete rush last December, though a few have been booked over the phone. I can share my reviews post-wedding, but as things currently stand I can say that everyone we''ve booked seems incredibly easy to work with and super professional. The Wild Flour ladies are SO SWEET and their cakes are to DIE for. TKO was by far the most professional DJ company I spoke with (no cheesy nonsense), but they were also the most expensive. Prestige Floral''s owner is a doll and her work is stunning... And A1 Mr. Limo was not only accommodating but also the most affordable transportation company I found. I hunted down a number of the vendors through the "Hey Butler Hot List." In retrospect I think I could have found better deals on some things, but I would have also sacrificed quality. My "Wedding Team" is really top notch. I''m pretty confident it''ll be smooth sailing the day of the wedding ::knocks on wood::

My dream venue was The Club at Key Center- (based on online photos, only)... It looks so classy and intimate! I also love the look of the Ballroom at the Renaissance as well as the Old Courthouse, but my wedding is too small for those locations (150). Oooh! Severance is also fab. There are plenty of nice locations in the suburbs, as well. We ultimately chose Windows because it''s a nice location for a ceremony AND reception, and it was (relatively speaking) affordable.

Wow. Sorry for the novel
3.gif
I''m excited to read about your wedding progress and plans!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I am defeintely a new fan of birdcage veils. They are going to look fantastic together.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pilsn!

It is indeed Catan''s. I am not ordering my dress through them though, too many horror reviews. I''m going to order through a boutique that''s outside my driving range and have them ship the dress to me, or buy it off the internet if I can. The only other bridal shop that carries the designer in the area is another bad review one, so I really don''t feel like giving either my business. I have a friend that will be doing my alterations so I don''t have to worry about that. As far as vendors, my wedding isn''t until August so I don''t have a ton planned out yet but this is what I have so far:

Venue: Kirtland Country Club (both ceremony and reception)
Photographer: LCD Photography
Wedding Coordination: Kirkbride''s
Florist: Bleil''s Secret Garden
Cupcakes and small cutting cake: Cleveland Cupcake Company
Transportation: Shima Limousine
Reception Band: The Chosen Few
Ceremony/Cocktail Hour Music: I will probably advertise at CIM for this, see if I can help support any poor music students.
2.gif
Also one of my close friends is an opera singer and has done us the honor of asking to sing something for the ceremony.
Hair/Makeup: Ladies and Gentlemen Salon and Spa

We haven''t decided if we want to use a downtown hotel or a more east-side oriented hotel, but I need to get my block booked already so I''ll probably have to sit down and make a decision on that this weekend.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous dress...and, that veil is fabulous! I love it all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results