shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress is in! (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
thank you all so, so much for all the compliments!!

so, i''m thinking about the buttons and would love some opinions. the only reason i really want to add buttons is because i don''t like how pronounced the zipper is right smack down the back (i wish it were on the side, under my arm, but no).

however, looking at these pictures it really only shows up a whole lot at the top part (where the rouching is) so maybe i could just do buttons on that upper part? does this make sense?

so, here is the back as is.

IMG_9650e.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and here it is, thanks to my hasty photoshopping (don''t judge) with buttons just over the upper portion.

IMG_9650e2.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and now with the buttons continuing on down (they would go all the way to the bottom).

what do you all think?

my current thoughts are that i like the 2nd option (buttons just on the rouching) the best.
but does this look weird that the rest of the zipper seam is left to show?
would it be better to carry them all the way down? i''m wary of this because i''m afraid if may be too much on such a simple dress.

OR, should i just leave it as-is??

IMG_9650e3.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh MMM, a fellow BM dress turned into a wedding gown! I love it! The dress looks fantastic on your bod. I love that it's simple and the detailing is the way it's draped. Very flattering on you. But may I plead for you to consider getting the exact lonnnnng plain veil that you had on in that first veil photo? Because it just puts that dress into "fantastic wedding gown" territory. I love a long veil (wish I'd done a very long one - I did a fingertip length but think longer always looks fantastic) and that plain one you tried on just looks like a confection with that dress...It gives the very essence of "bridal" to have a simple long veil wafting around you, particularly in that simple, yet elegant dress...You could also maybe put a great vintagy rhinestone brooch on the side of the waist area...Or an interesting chiffon flower pin...Something like that, it's not necessary but it could look cool. You look great!

ETA: If you want to do the buttons down the back, I prefer just over the ruched portion, the photo where they go all the way down looks too much like an after thought, but for some reason, it looks like it was meant to be with buttons when they're only on the upper portion.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the advise surfgirl : )

i was so turned off by the looooong veil when in the store, but i do agree it adds so much when looking at it in the photos.

i don''t think i''ve ever seen a long, cathedral length veil with a dress without a train though. have you?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love this dress on you! I would never have guessed that it was a BM dress. I actually love the buttons both ways! I would probably go with buttons on just the top part since you don''t have a train, though.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 1:55:43 PM
Author: MMM
thanks for the advise surfgirl : )

i was so turned off by the looooong veil when in the store, but i do agree it adds so much when looking at it in the photos.

i don''t think i''ve ever seen a long, cathedral length veil with a dress without a train though. have you?
Sure I''ve seen it. You can do whatever length veil YOU want...There''s not rule to my knowledge that no train dresses cant have long veils. In fact, it''s for that very reason that I think the longer veil looks lovely with your dress. It gives it a bit more oomph from the back and when you sweep the veil up in your arm for walking and photos it''ll give the illusion of a train as well...
31.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow MMM! You look so beautiful and your dress is gorgeous! I like the buttons going only halfway down, personally.

Date: 5/11/2008 7:23:08 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Wow, you look gorgeous and that dress is just perfect! And under $300?! GREAT idea to shop for BM dresses that come in white/ivory! I will probably be doing just that, so thank you!!
I thought that too... I''ve already been looking a bit online :)

My vote is for the buttons on the top part of the zipper--- on the rouching. Or whatever it''s called
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stunning stunning! And the dress is beautiful too ;-) Seriously, you look amazing in it!! I vote for long veil, but really sheer that is almost see through, and buttons on just the top part. I do think it looks good both half buttons and the longer version, but for some reason the buttons on the top part only look pretty glam or something.

Great find too!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
lovely! noone would ever guess it''s a bm dress! I think it would look lovely with the buttons over the zipper!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful dress and beautiful girl!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! You look amazing in that lovely dress. Well done!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else, it''s lovely and doesn''t look like a bridesmaid''s dress at all. I''m in the minority however in that I think the buttons would look better all the way down the zipper. I dunno I just think it might look strange if they just stopped even though the zipper kept going. IMHO

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! Lovely, lovely simplicity!
30.gif

I like the long veil. I had one.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the photoshop buttons!
36.gif
I think real buttons will look great! I like the first choice more

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS dress! You are going to be a stunning bride!

gedean

Shiny_Rock
you look gorgeous in the dress. What a find! Good call on the BM dress.

And I also vote for the buttons as well, they''re really make the dress look even more refined and more like a wedding dress as well.

Love it! You''re fiancee will be speechless when he sees you in it on your wedding day. Congrats!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, fellow bargain hunter! That dress looks like it was made for you! You are gorgeous!

I like the buttons only on the ruching...it looks just right. You did a nice job photoshopping them in.

As for the veil, I''m undecided, so no help to you there!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is beautiful. It is sooo for you. You are a very beautiful person!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous - you and the dress!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
You are so cute!!

The dress is so pretty and I like the button idea. Hmm..I think I like them better going further down the dress.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a beautiful gown. I would have never known it was a BM gown. I love it on you, it looks perfect for you too!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a very pretty dress and you look good in it.

Brynn

Rough_Rock
Absolutely! It would look amazing! (P.S. What a GREAT find!! I love your dress!)

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is gorgeous but your SMILE makes the look! Looks great.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Hey MMM! You look amazing! Love the dress and would have never guessed bridesmaid dress, ever! I say definitely add buttons but only on the top part.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful!!! That being said, I''m going to be different and vote for buttons all the way down. But that''s just because I like the look of buttons.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You have the looks and skin of the girl I always wanted to be. You and the dress are stunning. CONGRAT!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results