shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress fitting #2 (even MORE pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone!

Well, I''m no closer to figuring out what necklace to wear...I really don''t want to buy something new (wedding budget''s already stretched to the MAX), but I''m not feeling any of the neckline options with the earrings...maybe some of you can help?

The dress was taken in SOME, but she had to take it in another 1/4-1/2 inch on both sides. I don''t know if you can really see how much more needed to be taken in (oh, yeah, in the boob area too. awesome.), but there''s that.

Okay, so onto the pics.

DSC_0370esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so that is my strand of pearls--and here''s a closer-up image of them too...

DSC_0377esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll let you all form your own opinions about the necklaces, and I''ll tell you my feelings later...

Here''s a photo with my friend''s veil (I''ll be borrowing it from her as my "something borrowed"
1.gif
)--my hair will hopefully look A LOT better the day of the wedding, haha!

DSC_0386esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a photo with my mom''s pave heart necklace...

DSC_0400esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my mom''s pearl pendant with a yellow gold DBTY...but the earrings and brooch are both silvery in color...

DSC_0407esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
This is the necklace I showed you all last time--pear-shaped diamond with baguettes..

DSC_0423esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s with no necklace...

DSC_0438esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My actual bustle (not pinned)...

DSC_0431esq.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Jokey I-lost-my-ring photo...

untitledmissingring.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My friends bought me this "replacement" for my bachelorette (yes, it DOES light up!)

DSC_0471hehe.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, enough picture bombarding! Any suggestions for the necklace situation would be much appreciated!!!!
35.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I think you need something with a bit of sparkle to add to the brooch (which you should totally use!). How about something like this?

Ebay necklace#1

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pearl pendant, I think it looks really regal and romantic in a Rococo kind of way.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the pearls with it. They have a classic vintage feel, to go with your classic dress and vintage earrings and brooch.
21.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2009 11:21:46 AM
Author: sunnyd
I love the pearls with it. They have a classic vintage feel, to go with your classic dress and vintage earrings and brooch.
21.gif
Agreed. Pearls - 100%!

Gorgeous dress, btw!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fantastic!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the pearl lovers. I think they are gorgeous with your dress!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the pear shaped diamond or the pearls. Both seem very simple and classic. I love your dress.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I also like the pear and the pearls. Both are complimentary to your dress.

BTW, you look good!!!! I wish to look as good as you in my strapless dress. I didn''t think I would wear a strapless dress but it seems to look good on me at my first try. My dress will be ready in Dec. I''m so nervous. Cross my finger now so I can look as good as you.
39.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I will say that I''m not a huge fan of the pave heart pendant with your dress, only because it''s a heart, and your neckline is sweetheart. Too many hearts going on, the shape throws me off. Like the little one is trying to mimic the big one...if that makes any sense. Sorry it''s early still!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
From what I can see, you are a gorgeous classic beauty. I think the pearls are perfection with your classy gown and elegant, delicate collarbone area.

Love the fakey ring! Now I''m going over to Rocky Talky to see if you''ve told us about your replacement diamond.
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pearl pendant! You have a lot of skin showing up there so it seems like you need something that hangs
down a little bit. I also like how your dress dips in the middle (sweetheart part) and the pendant hangs down
lower there.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I love your dress! I like the strand of pearls best, just a personal preference though. Oh, and I had the same "engagement ring" for my bachelorette party lol!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearls or diamond pear pendant.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the pearls or diamond pendant camp. I think with the bow and broach on the dress, and the sweetheart neckline, you don''t need a ton of extra accessorizing! The pearls are classic, which I love, but the diamond pendant is also beautiful and understated.

You''re going to look fabulous no matter what you choose!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I personally like the pearl pendant with the DBTY. But the pearl strand looks lovely as well. Either of the pearl necklaces would look great with your dress!

kstar512

Rough_Rock
I generally love a strapless dress without a necklace. I like clavicles, lol, is that weird? I have to say though, there is something so classic about a strand of pearls on a bride. I love them.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
My votes:

1. Pearl pendant -- I think this is the best look, classic and feminine and delicate. Goes well with the neckline.
2. Strand of pearls
3. Diamond pear pendant.

The pave heart doesn''t really work, IMO. Any of the other three would be lovely but I think the pearl pendant is the best.

Def pearl pendant... then the strand of pearls.

PEARL PENDANT!!! :D

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl Pendant, Pearl Pendant, Pearl Pendant!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results