shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress fitting #1 (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 4:16:27 PM
Author: alli_esq
Suffice it to say that I changed my mind about wearing gold shoes--here are the ones I chose...

LOVE the dress, LOVE the shoes. think the bow is a must!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Your body is awesome! I can''t wait to see the finished dress, it is beautiful. I do like the necklace, but would love to see it with pearls too because it has such a romantic feel to it.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
You look stunning! I personally adore that bow.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Alli, I am so sorry about your ring. I read about it in the other thread. My heart breaks with you.

I know it is no consolation, but you look amazing in that dress. I love the bow and the "B''s". I think your Gramma''s earrings are a perfect match for the style of your dress.

Try not to let the ring overshadow your upcoming nuptials. It isn''t going to be easy, I know. But you are far more precious than your ring.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, you are all so wonderful--thank you so much for the outpouring!!!!

sunnyd: I am definitely a simple kinda gal
37.gif
I love the earrings and the necklace, but not together. I don''t know...I will try some other necklaces since I''m sorta stuck on the earrings. I''m so glad you like the dress--I absolutely love yours!

Ara Ann: I will try the pearls on for my second fitting and take pics...see what you guys think! Luckily, yes, my ring was insured...but sadly, that won''t replace the memories I have associated with the ring my fiance picked out with my mom
15.gif
but, you''re right...it could be worse...

Claritek: thank you so much for your sympathy--you''re so sweet! I think the issue with the bow is that it just really goes with the lines of the dress, and without it, I feel like it just wouldn''t look right. Also, yeah, my mom would be so sad...I think I just have to grow to love it!
5.gif

Morgie44: congratulations on your weight loss!!! I also lost about 15 pounds (though I had lost 5 lbs prior to buying the dress) and although I''m pleased with my progress, it did make it hard to figure out what the dress is actually going to look like on me. I''m so happy you liked your gown--you looked absolutely radiant on your wedding day!

CurlySue: thanks so much!!!

MagsyMay: thank you--I would love to find my ring, but seeing as I dropped it in a cab, I am going to be moving forward with my insurance claim
15.gif
And thank you for the compliment about my hands--I had been feeling pretty down and my mom (who clearly spoils me) got me a french manicure, teehee...

cocolaw: thankfully, the ring was insured... I really hope you''re right about the alterations...I do love everything about the dress aside from the bow...and I don''t HATE the bow..I''m just not sure how I feel about it. I don''t think of myself as a bow kinda girl (not really sure who IS a bow kinda girl...hehe), but when I had tried it on with the sample, the bow had been all floppy and not all that noticeable. Now I feel like it''s pretty darn big and floofy...well, anyway, thanks for the support!!

bee*: thanks for the input! I''m glad you like it!

news_girl: I hope you''re right! My second fitting is next weekend--wish me luck!

marlie: you are so sweet--thank you!

emeraldlover1: oh, thank you so much--I have been meaning to comment on the thread of your pro pics--you are absolutely GORGEOUS and your dress was breathtaking. That''s interesting about replacing the bow...to be honest, the only reason I think I would be able to live with the bow at all is because it is the same color as the dress and sorta blends in a little (or so I tell myself...) I am glad you are taking care of your beautiful ring!

Diva0413: thank you so much for the input! I agonized over the shoes--I didn''t want to spend a fortune, but I have to say I ended up with something reasonable and goes pretty well with the dress I think!

princessplease: thank you on both counts!

cindygenit: it''s true that the dress is very simple without the bow--that''s part of the reason I liked it so much, because I do tend to wear very smooth kind of classic clothes...and I''m not sure if that bow is so classic
40.gif

MissGotRocks: thank you so much--it is so sad
7.gif
I am very angry at myself for losing something so important and valuable to me. I''m so glad you like my grandma''s earrings--my aunt gave them to me after my grandmother passed, and they seem so formal to me I''ve never worn them before. I will definitely try the pearls and post pics... And thank you so much for the compliments!

gls: oh, I''m so glad you like it! It''s Vineyard Collection, style Maeve... and thanks for the well wishes!

happydreams: thank you so much
4.gif

mscushion: you are so sweet--I hope you''re right! thank you!

swedish bean: thanks, the brooch is pretty fun, isn''t it?? thank you for being so nice!

lulu66: I''m glad you like the choice--I swear I looked at every bridal shoe that exists, and I think these go the best with the dress without spending a virtual fortune!

sba771: that is so nice of you! I am still workin on it--I need to get back to the gym and work out those arms!
2.gif
I do love that the dress feels super romantic, so I will try the strand of pearls...I just wonder if it will seem heavy on the neckline. We''ll see!

goldenstar: thank you so much!!!

miraclesrule: you are too sweet...I know there are far worse things to happen in the world than losing a ring, but the ring does mean so much to me, so it hurts my heart so much to have been so careless. Thank you so much for your sweet words.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your ring
15.gif

You look amazing in your dress! I love the bow I really think you should keep it and the brooch looks really good on in it. I love the rest of your accessories as well, your shoes look fabulous as does your jewlery.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! I love the dress on you - and keep the bow, it's so beautiful!!! I agree, the earrings (
30.gif
) don't go well with the pendant you have on. I would suggest a pearl and diamond pendant over a pearl necklace, because you have such a lovely dainty feel going on.

So sorry about you losing your ring
7.gif
Have you checked your local Craigslist and Kijiji to see if it turns up on there?

And W00t on shedding all that weight - you look smoking hot!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
normally i would not care for your dress, but it looks STUNNING on you, and i love the broach added to it. i think that totally makes it!
i agree with everyone else, a strand of soft pearls, if any necklace, would be best :)

and again, sorry about your ering
7.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Oh my I am so sorry about your ring. But I do like your gown. I think pearls would soften the look and look stunning!

As for the bow, I''m not a fan of it at all, but then again I dont like bows! :)

Either way you''ll be beautiful once the gown fits you.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
You look stunning in this dress! I love it!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
That dress is one of my favorites and you wear it beautifully. don''t change a thing!!!!

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Aww!! I''m so sorry about your ER! Losing mine is one of my biggest fears, so of course it''s about a half size too small just to make sure it never budges!
I had to reply and say I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your dress!!! (especially the bow!) Seriously, it makes me want it. It also looks amazing on you!!
I am the biggest girly girl ever and love all things having to do with bows, and girly pink stuff, so of course I''m a bit biased
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The dress is gorgeous and perfect for you. I''m not big on bows, but I think it is perfect on your dress and not overdone.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Alli-I just want to see you stop beating yourself up over the ring. It''s a process I know. It''s heartbreaking enough to have lost it, but I''m sending you lots of forgiveness dust because I want you to forgive yourself.
17.gif

Now, let''s talk about how UNFREAKING believeably beautiful you are looking in that dress!! Like Royalty Girlfriend!!

I''d have to see pearls on you before I weigh in. Maybe a pearl drop, but I definately can''t imagine a simple strand. But what do I know. I have no imagination. I need to see it first.
35.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i love the dress with the bow AND the brooch! i just love it!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your ring. I definitely second the suggestion to search for and post about it on craigslist - it doesn''t cost a dime and you may get a happy surprise.

As for your fabulous dress, I can''t wait to see how great you look in it once it actually fits!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
ali,

I just screamed at my husband, "oh my god. THE stunning dress is here!!!" Your dress is one of my favorites on PS. I am desperately looking forward to your wedding. That dress is really, really special.

That being said, the dress does look WAY big on you. Which is all good in my estimation. You look fabulous. And they are going to fit it to your body, because you lost so much weight (this is a GOOD thing). I know you are going to look spectacular. You have nothing to worry about. REALLY.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if you moved the bow a little further to your side? I would also think about moving it up a little.
I mean I know it has to be at the bottom of the gathering but if you could move it further to the side
and up as far as possible (but still be at the bottom) I think it might be just more part of your dress and
not something that draws your eye to it right away. I love the brooch!

Just wondering what your plans were if you did get rid of the bow? You couldnt leave it plain...I would
still think it needed something? A bigger brooch perhaps?

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
purselover: thank you so much for your opinions! it''s so nice to hear that you like the accessories and the shoes
1.gif

kama_s: I don''t have a pearl pendant...I think my mom has one but I believe it''s yellow gold and I''m not sure how I feel about the yellow gold with the white gold (or is it platinum? I don''t know) earrings...I will try it though and see! as far as my ring--oh, yes, I''ve been searching online for someone who might be honest enough to find it and give it back...and I''ve been looking for ads on craigslist for people selling something like my ring too...to no avail
15.gif

jcarlylew: thank you!! we''ll see how the pearls look...the next fitting is this Saturday (the day of my bachelorette party too), and I will be sure to post more pics after that.

rhbgirl24; yeah, I''m typically not one for bows either, which makes this choice all the more baffling...but I hope it grows on me
14.gif

I do hope I''m able to feel beautiful in it.

LabRat: you''re too sweet! thank you!

sugarjo: it is a flattering dress, I think, once it fits...at least, I hope! haha!

ChemGeek: it is really lousy, losing the ring...my next one (if I do decide to replace it, which is TBD) will be much smaller. Thank you so much for the compliments!

KimberlyH: thank you for that--I hope you are right...I think that''s what I was counting on when I chose this dress, though it was so long ago, it''s hard to remember what I was thinking!

miraclesrule: oh, you! honestly, I got all teary reading your post. Thank you for saying that about my ring and all...I think it would be easier for me to forgive myself if my fiance would forgive me. He is so unspeakably angry at me for not getting the ring sized when he told me to do it a thousand times. Now I don''t even know that I want to replace it because he emphatically does NOT want to be involved in the process of getting a new ring...and the whole reason I loved my ring so much in the first place was because of what it represented and that he wanted me to have it. Now that he can''t care less if I replace it or not, I feel like every time I''d look at the ring I''d think, "this isn''t really my engagement ring," and it will remind me of how angry and disappointed my FI is with me now. Maybe I''ll feel differently later, but if he doesn''t change his attitude (which I don''t see happening), it will be, as he says, a farce.
7.gif
Plus, I''m prone to self-loathing, haha!

Thank you so much for your post though--it really was lovely to see that. (and I also can''t picture things like that! but I promise I''ll post!)

cleokitty: oh, I''m so glad you like it!! thank you
1.gif

ladyciel: thank you so much--I am very curious to see it finished myself!

allycat0303: no way, really?! that''s so sweet of you!! I loved your gown too--you looked just perfect on your wedding day! Thank you for your support--you are so nice to say all that!

tyty333: thank you for the suggestions! I think the placement of the bow isn''t really the issue for me--it''s more the size of it. I''m not really considering taking the bow off...to be honest, I was just hoping people would be supportive of the dress and get me used to the idea of keeping the bow--which of course is totally silly, but it really did help me to see what everyone had to say! Thank you so much!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is so pretty-and the bow does make it different, I usually don''t like bows on dresses....but that bow compliments the dress perfectly and I really like it! Congrats on the weight loss...thats great!

I''m so sorry about your ring, I hope it turns up!

btw, I love your shoes, they are adorable!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Nov2109!! Nice wedding date, btw (mine''s Nov2009, and my parents'' anniversary is Nov1967!)
2.gif

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Oh Alli, how terrible to lose your ring! I''m so sorry you''re going through that. I''m sure your FI will come around, he''ll have to forgive eventually. It was an accident, and in the long term just a possession. Although it held a lot of sentiment and memories, you two are happy and healthy and still have each other which is the important thing!!

Onto the dress! OMG you are rocking that dress out!! You look so fantastic & when it fits it will be so stunning. I love it and wouldn''t change a thing. It''s such a classic beautiful look.
And you''re grandmothers ring and earrings are TDF! So so perfect!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Umm hello and I forgot about the shoes. I''ve seen those and really liked them, but they look great on!
I obviously love you''re whole look LOL

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I said earlier, the dress is simply breathtaking.

Now - about the ring. If we all did everything we are supposed to do when we are supposed to do it, life would be perfect. Unfortunately, it just doesn''t happen that way. I understand your fiance being upset and hurt but there comes a time to move away from that AND to let you off the hook. You certainly didn''t lose it on purpose and he needs to understand that you are just as upset - maybe even more so - than he is. The good news is that it is insured and that you can have another ring before your wedding day. The same ring? No, but maybe even better or new and improved. Might sound callous but sometimes good comes of things like this.

Learn to forgive yourself. It is one of the hardest but most important lessons to learn in life. It''s the only way we can move forward because we can''t live our lives in reverse. I think you''ve been through enough torture over it - let us know how your new ring search is going!

And did I say that dress was simply divine??

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
You look awesome! Really beautiful!

I wouldn''t make any decisions about the bow until after the dress is fitted.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
luvbug: see, I love love LOVE your dress--when I was choosing my gown, I was between mine and the one you chose. Yours is absolutely gorgeous--I can''t wait to see you in that beautiful dress!!!

MissGotRocks: ohhh, thank you for saying all that. I know he still loves me, but he is very hurt by my negligence. I understand that...and I do feel terrible. The one good thing that might come out of this is that I might get a better cut diamond, but I really would much much MUCH rather have the diamond he chose for me, even though it wasn''t the stone I would have chosen myself if I had been the one shopping for it to begin with. I will do the best I can to forgive myself, though it would be much easier if he would forgive me too.

Italiahaircolor: Thank you so much! I don''t think I''ll really be doing much about the bow--I think I just have to learn to live with it, and hope that it fits me when I go in for my fitting on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results